Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Thanks resinable. They said the lower dose is working great. 40oz/100gal.

O

Organicyumyum

Hi, Great thread. Just got some of the Met52 EC liquid to test out. I'll post up the results for everyone to see in the next few days. This could be an awesome product if you can't integrate the granular met52 into the soil.

The one liter bottle came overnight air with an ice pack in the box. The label said refrigerate immediately. It was still cold.

Here is a pic:

holy shit! where did you get that cheech? i need the liquid met52! i wanna rid these things asap! i have the granular but i used the 2 grams per gallon they said and i dont think it was enough. doubled the dose on my new soil but the ones in flowering i want to rid of R.A.'s asap. any help is much appreciated.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

A little reluctant to get into the details of how I got it. Your right its still in testing. I don't work for them or anything. Just like you guys, trying to figure out a way to get rid of these nasty bugs without chemicals.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Has anyone tried PFR-97 yet?
http://www.certisusa.com/pest_management_products/bioinsecticide/pfr-97_microbial_insecticide.htm

Might be worth grabbing. I see it's registered for food crops.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111108005582/en/PFR-http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111108005582/en/PFR-97-Insecticidal-Fungus-Registered-U.S.-Vegetable-Fruit

Another nice one to look at is Nutralis-L from Troy Biosciences. Not sure if you can find this anymore.

Anyone read Paul Stamets Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World? There is a really interesting chapter in that book about how some of these strains were discovered and isolated. Paul discovered a way to bread a fungus to attack carpenter ants that were destroying his house. What he found lead to several patents. It's a cool book. Try and grab a copy.

View attachment pfr-97-label-052305.pdf
Resinable

Resinable

I've seen that stuff; have not been able to find a place to buy it yet. Certis seems like an innovative company, they have some cool products. The active ingredient in PFR-97 is one of the fungi in Caps foliar pack (from India). It is supposed to be active against mites, thrips and aphids. Used alone none of these might be 100% effective but used with other biopesticides we might achieve total aphid extermination! I love bioinsecticides!

grower2

grower2

Does anyone apply Met52 as a preventative? Or is it something to only use when needed?

Aligee

Aligee

so any one have any ideas on the source of these root aphids how are they not here one day and there the next I'm thinking it's the medium any ideas fellas ???

altimood

altimood

so any one have any ideas on the source of these root aphids how are they not here one day and there the next I'm thinking it's the medium any ideas fellas ???
They can be undetectable for weeks. Friends (visitors), medium, maybe being in a grow store, another grow, the possibilities are endless. Not to mention the fact they fly. The only problem with Met 52 is when you run out. Sorry if you're fighting them Aligee. Those little fuckers suck.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I strongly believe this is correct. I had a room that was one strain, grew from seed, no visitors ever, and some how after 2 runs, bam RA's. I battled and battled, but I unfortunately lost the battle. I tore down and moved locations.

I was using FFOF.

This was a few years ago and that's the only source I can attribute it to...no proof just my opinion.

I now use Met 52 every time no matter what, and I'll continue to use it as long as I'm in soil.

Aligee

Aligee

these RA are starting to seem more common now there's a huge thread on IC good info just very disappointing that nothing seems to work this is the next super bug and how coincidently it's mmj !!! I'm thinking I have these on one strain symptoms are there I swore I seen one crawling in my coco it's obvious roots are ill gonna order a few lbs of met52 from green harvest here this week !!!

treebark1950

treebark1950

these RA are starting to seem more common now there's a huge thread on IC good info just very disappointing that nothing seems to work this is the next super bug and how coincidently it's mmj !!! I'm thinking I have these on one strain symptoms are there I swore I seen one crawling in my coco it's obvious roots are ill gonna order a few lbs of met52 from green harvest here this week !!!

That's what happened to me. A buddy helped me to locate some SFV OG Teens and the first few weeks of veg they just didn't look right compared to other strains in my room, long story short while transplanting these babies into 3 gal I was watching and inspecting the root mass and sure enough these fukers were there. I immediately ordered Met, got it overnighted....applied it to all the soil and now 3 months later I'm def RA free from what I can tell, plants are thriving!

Good luck with the battle bro. Met will knock em out, it just takes little while.

Resinable

Resinable

Good luck with the battle bro. Met will knock em out, it just takes little while.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so. I feel like a real idiot: cleaned my room, killed my RA infected plants and transplanted new healthy cuttings. My big mistake was buying a batch of Roots (Aphids) Organics medium: bam instant full on re-infestation. I did, however, mix in large quantities of MET52 and Caps Foliar pack; RAs are still kicking two weeks later. But the MET does seem to be having some positive effects, although plant health is still not good. I hope I did not hurt the MET when, out of frustration, I administered a massive dose of Bayer's complete insect killer two days ago?

Also wondering if using Evergreen pyrethreum drench would be okay in conjunction with MET52? Maybe I should just be more patient for the MET to work but its hard when you are still having sick plants and finding RAs.

Top Bottom