Mikedin’s 2x4 of fun Ft. the Spiderfarmer SF600

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hello all! I figured I’d start a topic dedicated to the SF600 by @SpiderFarmerLED and my 2x4 clone / seedling / early veg cabinet, we’re gunna have some fun with the SF600!

If you want to see where the plants go after this cabinet come on over to my grow journal

Mikedin’s Garden Center Let’s Grow!

So after receiving the light yesterday and getting a chance to finally open it up, the light is very lightweight, packaging was excellent nothing rattling around and no potential for damage to the light in shipping.

Since I was short on time today I was only able to get her hung temporarily outside of the grow space to check her out. Really like if the design, light is about 40” long, hangers 37” apart, the shorter light legnth helps as it won’t have my wires right up against the edge of the cabinet walls being a 48” rack, will have to do some shelf modification to get her hung up properly inside the cabinet, but we’ll get there, after getting her hooked up and plugged in I was really liking the light output from such a small footprint, and at 72w it’ll be replacing 120w worth of barrina T8 LED grow bars currently in the cabinet.

Some details about the light

• High Light Output
    -2023 Newest Version Spider Farmer SF600 grow lamp uses OSRAM diodes with 384 LEDs and 5000 lumens output. Only a power draw of 72 watts, lower energy consumption, and less electricity bill than fluorescent T5 bulbs. The reflectors do increase the focus of your lights, improve the light efficiency, luminous flux, and light concentration.
  • Sunlike Full Spectrum – With 120°beam angle. Plant grow light can emit broadband full-spectrum light, 660-665nm(RED),730-740nm(IR), 2800K-3000K (WARM-WHITE), 4800-5000K(BLUE), has a significant impact on plant germination, flowering, fruiting, chlorophyll synthesis of plants, and photosynthesis.
  • Longer Lifespan – High-quality diodes emit very little heat. The LEDs are coated with anti-moisture and anti-vulcanization, lasting up to 50,000 hours of lifespan.
  • Lightweight Design & Easy Installation – Plug and play. Simply install into the sockets-no need to change the ballast or fix it with any lamp fixture. Slim design and cool operation make it a top choice for applications with limited space such as closet, shelf, or countertop growing. Grow anywhere with this light!
Once set up I grabbed some pics, nice looking light, the case dissipates all the heat nicely, light Is barely warm to the touch, we’ll get deeper into this light in a few days once I get her in place, am also considering bringing in a time lapse camera to run in there to show her work off, it’s a small space but I have some work planned for it

Also I wanted to thank @SpiderFarmerLED again for the giveaway

Let’s get some photos underway,

In addition to the light pics I have some clone root pics from the cabinet as it current sits

So without further ado let’s get the show on the road!

Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 2
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 3
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 4
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 5
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 6
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 7
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 8
Mikedins 2x4 of fun ft the spiderfarmer sf600 9
Dr.Ozzy

Dr.Ozzy

Hello all! I figured I’d start a topic dedicated to the SF600 by @SpiderFarmerLED and my 2x4 clone / seedling / early veg cabinet, we’re gunna have some fun with the SF600!

So after receiving the light yesterday and getting a chance to finally open it up, the light is very lightweight, packaging was excellent nothing rattling around and no potential for damage to the light in shipping.

Since I was short on time today I was only able to get her hung temporarily outside of the grow space to check her out. Really like if the design, light I right about 40” long, hangers 37” apart, the shorter light legnth helps as it won’t have my wires right up against the edge of the cabinet walls being a 48” rack, will have to do some shelf modification to get her hung up properly inside the cabinet, but we’ll get there, after getting her hooked up and plugged in I was really liking the light output from such a small footprint, and at 72w it’ll be replacing 120w worth of barrina T8 LED grow bars currently in the cabinet.

• High Light Output
    -2023 Newest Version Spider Farmer SF600 grow lamp uses OSRAM diodes with 384 LEDs and 5000 lumens output. Only a power draw of 72 watts, lower energy consumption, and less electricity bill than fluorescent T5 bulbs. The reflectors do increase the focus of your lights, improve the light efficiency, luminous flux, and light concentration.
  • Sunlike Full Spectrum – With 120°beam angle. Plant grow light can emit broadband full-spectrum light, 660-665nm(RED),730-740nm(IR), 2800K-3000K (WARM-WHITE), 4800-5000K(BLUE), has a significant impact on plant germination, flowering, fruiting, chlorophyll synthesis of plants, and photosynthesis.
  • Longer Lifespan – High-quality diodes emit very little heat. The LEDs are coated with anti-moisture and anti-vulcanization, lasting up to 50,000 hours of lifespan.
  • Lightweight Design & Easy Installation – Plug and play. Simply install into the sockets-no need to change the ballast or fix it with any lamp fixture. Slim design and cool operation make it a top choice for applications with limited space such as closet, shelf, or countertop growing. Grow anywhere with this light!
Once set up I grabbed some pics, nice looking light, the case dissipates all the heat nicely, light Is barely warm to the touch, we’ll get deeper into this light in a few days once I get her in place, am also considering bringing in a time lapse camera to run in there to show her work off, it’s a small space but I have some work planned for it

In addition to the light pics I have some clone root pics from the cabinet as it current sits

sweet looking and nice for clones/seeds/earlies and low wattage so you can park them on the plants- low profile too. Score growmie!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
sweet looking and nice for clones/seeds/earlies and low wattage so you can park them on the plants- low profile too. Score growmie!
Thanks fam! It’s an Awesome light, exactly what I needed for the space! That single light will save about 45-50w and give me better output than the current bars in there so massive win

Here’s what the cabinet currently looks like

IMG 1435

IMG 1468

Being as this is a new journal I will also include pics of the cloner I built as well as previous clones roots after about 12 days

IMG 0898
IMG 0899
IMG 0900
IMG 0901
IMG 0902
IMG 0903
IMG 0904

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Thanks fam! It’s an Awesome light, exactly what I needed for the space! That single light will save about 45-50w and give me better output than the current bars in there so massive win

Here’s what the cabinet currently looks like

View attachment 2101995
View attachment 2101994

Being as this is a new journal I will also include pics of the cloner I built as well as previous clones roots after about 12 days

View attachment 2101987View attachment 2101988View attachment 2101989View attachment 2101990View attachment 2101991View attachment 2101992View attachment 2101993
Love that cloner them roots be exploding👍

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Still fine tuning the res mixture but they seems to be liking it, did notice some yellowing on the current clones I waited about 2-3 days too long to hit them with the first dose of grow big, only time I use FF neuts anymore, had to find a use for those bottles 🤣
You can soon green up the upstairs mate it’s the down stairs that really matters man nice setup will be watching along👍

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
You can soon green up the upstairs mate it’s the down stairs that really matters man nice setup will be watching along👍
For sure! Once the CB #1’s roots get a shade bigger there ready for dirt already mixed up a gallon of medium for them, I like to mix it up with all its amendments etc and throw some water in it and mix it up good and let it sit moist for a few days will probably transplant and get the new light hung up Tuesday and let her rip!

Badass! Tuned In 👊🏻🤡
All those clones await! 😆

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

If you want to see where the plants go after this cabinet come on over to my grow journal

Mikedin’s Garden Center Let’s Grow!

Since I was short on time today I was only able to get her hung temporarily outside of the grow space to check her out. Really like if the design, light is about 40” long, hangers 37” apart, the shorter light legnth helps as it won’t have my wires right up against the edge of the cabinet walls being a 48” rack, will have to do some shelf modification to get her hung up properly inside the cabinet, but we’ll get there, after getting her hooked up and plugged in I was really liking the light output from such a small footprint, and at 72w it’ll be replacing 120w worth of barrina T8 LED grow bars currently in the cabinet.

• High Light Output

Nice to see youre getting some good use out of it😄
And congrats looks sick nice roots

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Gettin close to that up pot maybe 1 more day, will get the SF600 put in place tomorrow afternoon sometime, gunna be fun 😁

That CB #1 was a bit slower to root but they all took just fine,

Looking in the tent I’m really liking the structure on CD #1 and CB #1, plants seem like the happier of the pairss, I may be keeping 2 mothers instead of 1 🤣

IMG 1852
IMG 1853
IMG 1855
IMG 1856
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It’s alllllllmost like you know what you are doing 😜

now that setup is clean. The shelving unit you use, I have the same one in my veg room….
Though mine is used differently and not nearly as nice. Badass man! 👊🏻🤡
Sometimes… sometimes 🤣 but here’s the offspring of your brain child !

The @SpiderFarmerLED SF600 fits perfect in the cabinet with 4” to spare on each end of the cabinet, PPFD (by photone app not a calibrated meter but it’s always done me right!) just over 300PPFD was my reading at 15” from tops to light, exactly what I was looking for 😁

And we have final install pics of the light along with newly potted clones, opened up my soil I mixed and moistened up a few days ago, that myco dosent take long to get goin! Mixed it up again and into the pots the clones went! We’ll see how they look tomorrow 🧐

IMG 1887
IMG 1888
IMG 1891
IMG 1890
IMG 1892
IMG 1894
IMG 1895
IMG 1896
IMG 1899
IMG 1900
IMG 1901
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

The @SpiderFarmerLED SF600 fits perfect in the cabinet with 4” to spare on each end of the cabinet, PPFD (by photone app not a calibrated meter but it’s always done me right!) just over 300PPFD was my reading at 15” from tops to light, exactly what I was looking for 😁

And we have final install pics of the light along with newly potted clones, opened up my soil I mixed and moistened up a few days ago, that myco dosent take long to get goin! Mixed it up again and into the pots the clones went! We’ll see how they look tomorrow 🧐
That’s just an awesome little setup ya have there man 👍

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

A well spent $79 on this shelving. Indispensable 👊🏻🤡

IMG 1960
Top Bottom