• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
A well spent $79 on this shelving. Indispensable 👊🏻🤡
That’s a deal for the metal shelving! I paid $89 for this one but it has coated wood shelves, but was worth it, always felt wasteful running one of the big lights for some seedlings and clones, that’s why I switched and started working in this cabinet and i just keep tinkering with it, eventually I’ll relace the walls with probably some foil lined styrofoam to get a bit of reflectivity going in in there

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

That’s a deal for the metal shelving! I paid $89 for this one but it has coated wood shelves, but was worth it, always felt wasteful running one of the big lights for some seedlings and clones, that’s why I switched and started working in this cabinet and i just keep tinkering with it, eventually I’ll relace the walls with probably some foil lined styrofoam to get a bit of reflectivity going in in there
Nice! I'm in the process of building a seedling shelf now. The styrofoam will be a nice touch for some added insulation.

Also, looking into building a cloner similar to yours.. haha but quite a bit smaller... did you use 90, 180, or 360 degree mister nozzles?

I have a bit of 1/2" pvc tube that i can use. All i need is the T fitting, the nozzles, and airstone/pump.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nice! I'm in the process of building a seedling shelf now. The styrofoam will be a nice touch for some added insulation.

Also, looking into building a cloner similar to yours.. haha but quite a bit smaller... did you use 90, 180, or 360 degree mister nozzles?

I have a bit of 1/2" pvc tube that i can use. All i need is the T fitting, the nozzles, and airstone/pump.
I used 360deg nozzles from Amazon like $8 for a 50 pack just gotta make sure you find a way to seal the lid I just used some stick on door insulation the strips from the local hardware store and put it around the top lip then just snap the lid in tight

Little update for day after being stuck into soil, not a droop in sight they are lovin life and their new light!

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I used 360deg nozzles from Amazon like $8 for a 50 pack just gotta make sure you find a way to seal the lid I just used some stick on door insulation the strips from the local hardware store and put it around the top lip then just snap the lid in tight

Little update for day after being stuck into soil, not a droop in sight they are lovin life and their new light!
Perfect! I was thinking my lack of a seal would help dissipate that positive pressure from the airstone. Good call. I'll just put a little vent with a flap on it

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Perfect! I was thinking my lack of a seal would help dissipate that positive pressure from the airstone. Good call. I'll just put a little vent with a flap on it
Yep dosent take much, and in veg and with clones you want that RH sky high anyways so the heat that passively leaves the cabinet it takes the excess RH with it, even just sitting stagnant that done over the cloner only reads 63%% RH inside the dome itself and it’s only at 74f this @SpiderFarmerLED puts off just about no heat 😁

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Yep dosent take much, and in veg and with clones you want that RH sky high anyways so the heat that passively leaves the cabinet it takes the excess RH with it, even just sitting stagnant that done over the cloner only reads 63%% RH inside the dome itself and it’s only at 74f this @SpiderFarmerLED puts off just about no heat 😁
That dome is amazing. Did you build it? I've been looking for a nice one, but it's looking like i might need to diy.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That dome is amazing. Did you build it? I've been looking for a nice one, but it's looking like i might need to diy.
It was a old 4’ long mini greenhouse actually haha, I took it all apart resized it to what I needed and put it back together the duct tape job at the bottom is temporary but I think i may replace the whole dome but we’ll see

But the clones are still just kickin ass, loving their new soil, I bet they take off fairly quickly,

The 2x 5 day late CB#1 clones also have roots going so they’ll be potted up in a few days

IMG 1938
IMG 1939
IMG 1940
IMG 1941
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Safe to assume you have that rig humming now hombre. That’s dope!
👊🏻🤡
Well… she’s hummin away in the bathroom with some bleach now 😁, put away till cloning time again, now it’s the lights time to… shine… 🥸😆

These last 2 clones almost look like they where starting to flower a shade / kinda but might just be the way the growth is coming in really fine at the tips, but that’s ok we’ll see how they veg out 😁

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Well… she’s hummin away in the bathroom with some bleach now 😁, put away till cloning time again, now it’s the lights time to… shine… 🥸😆

These last 2 clones almost look like they where starting to flower a shade / kinda but might just be the way the growth is coming in really fine at the tips, but that’s ok we’ll see how they veg out 😁
Spectacular! Do you do a 10/1 water / bleach?

I was thinking about testing out some no rinse sanitizer i use for my beer equipment. Just because it's food safe and no rinse.. and i have a bottle... you ever use the stuff?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Spectacular! Do you do a 10/1 water / bleach?

I was thinking about testing out some no rinse sanitizer i use for my beer equipment. Just because it's food safe and no rinse.. and i have a bottle... you ever use the stuff?
Nah, at this point I just do about 3 caps full in about 3 gallons of water and let it run for 24 hours,

When I run the clones I use 500ppm Hypocleanse, I know it’s basically diluted bleach but it works great never any buildup in the res when the clones are done but I just wash it quick then let bleach water circulate before I let it dry to store

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Nah, at this point I just do about 3 caps full in about 3 gallons of water and let it run for 24 hours,

When I run the clones I use 500ppm Hypocleanse, I know it’s basically diluted bleach but it works great never any buildup in the res when the clones are done but I just wash it quick then let bleach water circulate before I let it dry to store
Nice! Smart way to do it! I've been studying your clone process. Once my cloner is complete i'm going to give it a try.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well they all are looking great, the are really loving the SF600, the clones done 6-7 days ago are in full go mode already, the newest 2 already seem to have gotten their feet under them and are starting to rock out 😁
IMG 2018
IMG 2020
IMG 2017

And here’s a pic of the mother plants in flower mid week 3

First the Cali Dream
IMG 2015

And the Cali Blues
IMG 2016

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking proper!!!!!!
Thanks brother, I love seeing them root up nice can’t wait the next week till they hit the next jump 😁, gunna keep the potential mothers in the next pots a bit longer than usual to keep them small, the 2x newer freak clones will flower out I’m already likin them lol I’ll probably flower the non keeper mothers as well but I really have my eye in the 2x phenos in the flower pics above, they are stacking up heavy and appear the healthiest of each pheno, gunna be a good fight at the end to who wins 😁

Top Bottom