• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Andddddd the first topping is done on the 4x older clones

I really gotta say this @SpiderFarmerLED SF600 is really making these plants happy. Probably some of the best clones I’ve run leaves are perfectly laid out, new lower growth is starting to explode. Gunna probably top once more to set them up as nice small mothers. This light has absolute perfect coverage for a 2x4x4 space

Extremly low heat output, basically non-existent, throwing 300 PPFD at 18” couldn't ask for better readings for clones and seedlings, for 75w this light is a major winner in veg, easily replaced my 140w of barrina grow bars while doubling the PPFD output and you can easily see the improvement in growth over the last set of clones

IMG 2070
IMG 2069
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Andddddd the first topping is done on the 4x older clones

I really gotta say this @SpiderFarmerLED SF600 is really making these plants happy. Probably some of the best clones I’ve run leaves are perfectly laid out, new lower growth is starting to explode. Gunna probably top once more to set them up as nice small mothers. This light has absolute perfect coverage for a 2x4x4 space

Extremly low heat output, basically non-existent, throwing 300 PPFD at 18” couldn't ask for better readings for clones and seedlings, for 75w this light is a major winner in veg, easily replaced my 140w of barrina grow bars while doubling the PPFD output and you can easily see the improvement in growth over the last set of clones
Tested my cloner last night with some water.. and now some bleach solution.. haha no leaks yet! Going to take some snips this evening hopefully.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Guess it’s update time!

The clones are doing awesome, really pushin out the lower nodes after the topping, this little cabinet is gunna fill up quick 😆 here’s a pic of the full cabinet

Couple pics of the microgreens on the shelf above as well, 2 treys of broccoli and one of mixed spicy greens

IMG 2173
IMG 2175
IMG 2176
IMG 2177
IMG 2178
IMG 2179
IMG 2180
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I notice you are getting root development far up the stem. What is your “stripping” method? Are you slicing or skinning the stock?
I strip only the bottom inch of the outer layer and cut at a 45, I still dip in clonex, I hit them on day 1 and day 3 with CloneX cloning spray and use the CloneX clone solution in the res, I don’t think the stripping is needed at all as like you see I get roots all the way up to the puck on some, I leave about 1.5-2” of stem below the puck exposed and it all seems to root fairly evenly up the full exposed stem

Besides that timer setting for the sprayers is 1 minute on 4 minutes off and that’s about it

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking good in the one gallon pots. Those will get huge!
Sooo… full disclose those are far from 1 gallon pots lol maybe 1/4-1/3 gal I’d guess

I’m pointing at the pots they are in now, the next size up is the 1 gals, then the 3 gals then the 5’s when I use them (my favorite to flower in)

I like to up pot a lot lol

IMG 2314
Top Bottom