mikegreenthumbs earthbox for flowering perepetual harvest grow

• Thread starter mikegreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boomer242

Hey Mike, nice harvest coming your way man. Cheers.

On the other note, it is also great to see boomer from RIU swing by the Farm.

glad to be here HT. a little lower chit chat here which i like. straight facts for the most part. im slowly gettin my way around THCfarmer

B

Boomer242

yeah i have auto watering in that flowering room and pretty much leave em alone other than feeding/watering idk ill give it a lil more thought thou

always good to see boomer and get his valued imput as well as yours ht and shady kinda the mout rushmore of the farm we got here lol

well weigh ur options and decide which support is best for u.

def sum good growers followin along. sharing is caring :character0050:

B

Boomer242

just depends i guess. i like scrog. (hints why im doin it haha)

wat size is ur total flowering area?

i looked bak real fast to ur first post and the size looks like a good spot to throw a scrog over.

for most people scroggins main benefit is being able to create the same yield using less plants then a SOG. (since punishment usually reflects plant count)
which requires u veg longer to fill the screen area. but id use the same plant count u have now and just throw the netting over it for support and uniformed canopy control. the other main benefit to a screen is u can tuck under and LST, weave the branches any direction to avoid overcrowding and get more tops with concentrated lumens. if u have an even canopy u can keep ur light the lowest possible and even lumens spread to all colas.

the tomatoe trellis doesnt give u the bend and weave option to keep an even canopy. its more for side support and grow tall.

from wat ive learned is focusing on an even canopy with several tops or "see of colas" rather then side plant development which usually results in popcorn bud (unless using vert lighting or mass T5 lamps) but anyways hope this sparks sum ideas and maybe more discussion...

im still working and practicing my theories as well

M

mikegreenthumb

just depends i guess. i like scrog. (hints why im doin it haha)

wat size is ur total flowering area?

i looked bak real fast to ur first post and the size looks like a good spot to throw a scrog over.

for most people scroggins main benefit is being able to create the same yield using less plants then a SOG. (since punishment usually reflects plant count)
which requires u veg longer to fill the screen area. but id use the same plant count u have now and just throw the netting over it for support and uniformed canopy control. the other main benefit to a screen is u can tuck under and LST, weave the branches any direction to avoid overcrowding and get more tops with concentrated lumens. if u have an even canopy u can keep ur light the lowest possible and even lumens spread to all colas.

the tomatoe trellis doesnt give u the bend and weave option to keep an even canopy. its more for side support and grow tall.

from wat ive learned is focusing on an even canopy with several tops or "see of colas" rather then side plant development which usually results in popcorn bud (unless using vert lighting or mass T5 lamps) but anyways hope this sparks sum ideas and maybe more discussion...

im still working and practicing my theories as well

ima do a screen yeah this helped alot and thats the aim i go for i hella colas so when i heard that pretty much sinched it so im get a net next time at hydro store idk when ill install and all prob next week got a broken foot right now thou so kinda difficult to get shit done like i want to

J

John Smith Esq.

hey Mike, been a while since i scouted your thread bro, fattening up nicely i see :weed-sign:

what day are you on + how long you plannin to take them?

H

HighTolerance

always good to see boomer and get his valued imput as well as yours ht and shady kinda the mout rushmore of the farm we got here lol

Damn bro, thank you for the kind words brother.

glad to be here HT. a little lower chit chat here which i like. straight facts for the most part. im slowly gettin my way around THCfarmer

Word to that bro, although I still got some UK buddies at RIU.

H

HighTolerance

My vote is with Boomer. Screen baby screen. That's all I do.

M

mikegreenthumb

screen it is ima install soon as possible go get prob tomorrow maybe sat

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
My vote is with Boomer. Screen baby screen. That's all I do.
I second or third that vote... :giggle and I'm no Mt. Rushmore especially with the dainty colas on the strains I'm runnin' under my single Hortilux 600W Super HPS. Just teasin' you a bit...

BTW, I'm impressed with your results and truly believe if you get a consistent pH for your tea as well as that of the water in the Earthbox's res throughout the week, with a slight pH drift upwards over the course of a given week, and screen your girls for support and at least a half inch from the walls for adequate airflow... That your current strains could easily go another week and chop by 70.

I say this because I can see those colas still pumping out clusters of white pistils... And if the leaves weren't damaged, you would have prob made it another week before the final flush then harvest. Your growing style and hybrid soil bed with many smaller plants is perfect for a SOG where the flexible screen simply holds the colas in place... I'm similar in style, but veg a bit longer and I've got a secondary screen that will be used to prevent the colas from falling over as Nitrogen is gradually reduced and the flush begins. :cool

K

keebzy

Premium Member
Supporter
MikeGreenThumbs- Looks awesome dude how many plants do you get in that earth box?

M

mikegreenthumb

I second or third that vote... :giggle and I'm no Mt. Rushmore especially with the dainty colas on the strains I'm runnin' under my single Hortilux 600W Super HPS. Just teasin' you a bit...

BTW, I'm impressed with your results and truly believe if you get a consistent pH for your tea as well as that of the water in the Earthbox's res throughout the week, with a slight pH drift upwards over the course of a given week, and screen your girls for support and at least a half inch from the walls for adequate airflow... That your current strains could easily go another week and chop by 70.

I say this because I can see those colas still pumping out clusters of white pistils... And if the leaves weren't damaged, you would have prob made it another week before the final flush then harvest. Your growing style and hybrid soil bed with many smaller plants is perfect for a SOG where the flexible screen simply holds the colas in place... I'm similar in style, but veg a bit longer and I've got a secondary screen that will be used to prevent the colas from falling over as Nitrogen is gradually reduced and the flush begins. :cool

lol my dude i was hoping you wouldnt trip on that your nailing the fuck out of your grow bro
just thought you might wanna juice em up a bit more maybe drop the lights or some other small tweak

your strait on about letting em go till 70 days with those adjustments i was noticing the same thing bro but because of support and leaf issues its shaving 7 -14 days off max time
if i did that would prob get more yield i would be able feed and flush longer
so ima def act on that advise shady youll see the screen after i pull out the mo ram and ive already started trying to nail the ph a little more gonna get water ph tester prob this weekend

any recommendations on brands and models??

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
lol my dude i was hoping you wouldnt trip on that your nailing the fuck out of your grow bro
just thought you might wanna juice em up a bit more maybe drop the lights or some other small tweak
:D LMAO... I'm not offended in the slightest bit brah... I honestly wish I had huge colas, but my exhaust system is not proper at all... I've been waiting to upgrade when I get a full time job again, and will have the funds to do it right. Until then my bathroom hits a max temp of 84 deg before the house ac kicks on... then drops back down to 78 deg for a little while. Not ideal conditions w/o a chiller for my res and w/o CO2. :giggle I lowered my lights for a couple hrs today and raised them back up cuz it was too damn hot in there...

In any case I'm gonna teach you how to edit quotes.... :tongue0011: If you go advanced, delete part of the quote that doesn't pertain to your response, and select the text you want to quote, then you simply select the quote icon. Then cut and past the "opening" quote code at the beginning of the selected text, which is diff from the one used with your name and post number as used in the quote above... and move it in front of the quote like I did here:

any recommendations on brands and models??
This is the one I got for $130 shipped:I love my Hanna! Don't forget to get the pH 7.01 & 4.01 calibration, cleaning, storage solutions, and 1413 EC solutions. Trust me... I mix a lot of diff nutes for diff mediums and this has to be one of the best purchases I've made in the last year. Consistency is great, but the ambient environment being dialed-in is just as, if not more important... :cool

M

mikegreenthumb

:D LMAO... I'm not offended in the slightest bit brah... I honestly wish I had huge colas, but my exhaust system is not proper at all... I've been waiting to upgrade when I get a full time job again, and will have the funds to do it right. Until then my bathroom hits a max temp of 84 deg before the house ac kicks on... then drops back down to 78 deg for a little while. Not ideal conditions w/o a chiller for my res and w/o CO2.
good shit bro some peeps get touchy i didnt think you would but its hard get a handle exactly on peeps personality throu typing

you might not wanna change anything if your going to add co2 those temps are damn near ideal for co2 and i thought that it would just be a lil tweak like that i think itll pay dividends when you the vent perfect so you can drop that light right where you want it the difference in like 6" can be SUPPRISING

ps did you notice the edit on response lol

H

HighTolerance

Hey Mike my Grape Rom seems to be a slow starter, is yours the same?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
you might not wanna change anything if your going to add co2 those temps are damn near ideal for co2 and i thought that it would just be a lil tweak like that i think itll pay dividends when you the vent perfect so you can drop that light right where you want it the difference in like 6" can be SUPPRISING
Hmmm... That would actually make sense... Although I will first start with the proper exhaust fan and carbon filter to add 1000W for an unsealed room, the chiller will be a close second, and the AC will come last. Unfortunately the upgrade is pending a job employment... Maybe after a run I can get the mini split and seal the room... That would be sick.

ps did you notice the edit on response lol
AHAAAHAAA :rofl No worries brah.... It seems as though you knew the quotes already... Nice one bud!

M

mikegreenthumb

Hey Mike my Grape Rom seems to be a slow starter, is yours the same?

not sure if i got romulan or grape rom do you got purple calxs i got those if so yeah kinda a slow starter is flower but finishes real fucking strong bulks up outta nowhere almost its crazy bro i was pretty amazed after seeing that wound all those strains i had down to that and purple mist it was that impressive the smoke matches if not exceeds

M

mikegreenthumb

Hmmm... That would actually make sense... Although I will first start with the proper exhaust fan and carbon filter to add 1000W for an unsealed room

you might wanna just keep the 600 just read this article on high times that said again how 600's are often more effective than 1000's they are def more lumen per watt

[/QUOTE]
AHAAAHAAA :rofl No worries brah.... It seems as though you knew the quotes already... Nice one bud![/QUOTE]
actually kinda but the post helped me understand it better

Latest posts

Top Bottom