mikegreenthumbs earthbox for flowering perepetual harvest grow

• Thread starter mikegreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

not sure if i got romulan or grape rom do you got purple calxs i got those if so yeah kinda a slow starter is flower but finishes real fucking strong bulks up outta nowhere almost its crazy bro i was pretty amazed after seeing that wound all those strains i had down to that and purple mist it was that impressive the smoke matches if not exceeds

Great to hear that. Exactly what I have heard about the G Rom before, is starts slow then bulks up out of no where.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
AHAAAHAAA :rofl No worries brah.... It seems as though you knew the quotes already... Nice one bud![/QUOTE]
actually kinda but the post helped me understand it better[/QUOTE]
Cool man... Both bracketed quotes above are "end quotes" in BB code. You need the "open quote" at the beginning w/o the "/"... :thinking

M

mikegreenthumb

taking a break on anything advanced going back to sqaure one basically there is something i missing i cant but my finger on it but my grow is not all it can be imo what it should be so im going back to the drawing board i was looking throu my pics of previous grows and they were far healthier better prob not but none the less heathier and happier if i can couple that with the yields and the knowledge ive learned since then ill be where i want to be but right now im disappointed in my results to say the least
so thats the plan go back to drawing board and get everything like it should be im not going to do training fim top anything but grow a strong happy heathy plant from start to finish with no furt fuck ups no under no over watering none of it just deep green to perfect fade of yellow is the goal when i get back to that ill start with training both lst and fim topping etc getting lights as close as possible co2 all that great shit but first things first i need a regroup

justiceman

justiceman

you might wanna just keep the 600 just read this article on high times that said again how 600's are often more effective than 1000's they are def more lumen per watt
I gotta check that article out, but from what I understand yes a 600w provides more lumens per watt so in a sense when you pay a certain rate per KW you are getting a higher amount of lumens for the same price in comparison to 1000w or 400w, but even though the 1000w luminous efficiency isn't as high it still puts out more lumens then a 600w(because of its raised wattage) and will easily yield far more not just because of the higher lumens but also as a result of its canopy penetration power. Although some argue that having two 600's is better then one 1000w because you can cover almost twice the area at the expense of an extra 200w, but as far as I'm concerned at the moment nothing can beat the penetration power of a 1000w haha.

taking a break on anything advanced going back to sqaure one basically there is something i missing i cant but my finger on it but my grow is not all it can be imo what it should be so im going back to the drawing board i was looking throu my pics of previous grows and they were far healthier better prob not but none the less heathier and happier if i can couple that with the yields and the knowledge ive learned since then ill be where i want to be but right now im disappointed in my results to say the least
so thats the plan go back to drawing board and get everything like it should be im not going to do training fim top anything but grow a strong happy heathy plant from start to finish with no furt fuck ups no under no over watering none of it just deep green to perfect fade of yellow is the goal when i get back to that ill start with training both lst and fim topping etc getting lights as close as possible co2 all that great shit but first things first i need a regroup

Hmm rethinking your technique ay? If you like I'd be more then happy to help and talk about things with ya. I think first of all we need to compile everything about your grow so I can get a real good understanding of it all. I know that you use an earthbox, and that you use fox farms tiger bloom(or was it bigbloom?). I also beleive you are using a 600w HPS.

Questions:
What medium are you using again and what are the ingredients it consists of?
What are all the nutrients you use(base nutes, boosters, cal mag, etc)?
Do you have a PH pen and an EC meter(I beleive you Have a PH probe for soil though)?
What are the temps and relative humidity?
How often do you water?
What type of water do you use(Tap*R/O?)
Whats your water temperature in the earth box?
whats the PH and EC of the water in your earth box?

Also do you have some type of base feeding schedule? as in a general amount of nutes you like to give during veg, and a general amount nutes you like to give during bloom(Example: 800ppm(1.6EC) during Veg and 1100(2.2EC) during Flower)?

Regardless you managed to get some damn fat nugs this time around man! Keep it up! Remember these beautiful girls?
75082d1269775675-mikegreenthumbs-earthbox-flowering-perepetual-harvest-grow-march24th025.jpg

75076d1269775675-mikegreenthumbs-earthbox-flowering-perepetual-harvest-grow-march24th019.jpg

http://i857.invalid.com/albums/ab133/mikegreenthumb/march22001.jpg

M

mikegreenthumb

I gotta check that article out, but from what I understand yes a 600w provides more lumens per watt so in a sense when you pay a certain rate per KW you are getting a higher amount of lumens for the same price in comparison to 1000w or 400w, but even though the 1000w luminous efficiency isn't as high it still puts out more lumens then a 600w(because of its raised wattage) and will easily yield far more not just because of the higher lumens but also as a result of its canopy penetration power. Although some argue that having two 600's is better then one 1000w because you can cover almost twice the area at the expense of an extra 200w, but as far as I'm concerned at the moment nothing can beat the penetration power of a 1000w haha.

Hmm rethinking your technique ay? If you like I'd be more then happy to help and talk about things with ya. I think first of all we need to compile everything about your grow so I can get a real good understanding of it all. I know that you use an earthbox, and that you use fox farms tiger bloom(or was it bigbloom?). I also beleive you are using a 600w HPS.

Questions:
What medium are you using again and what are the ingredients it consists of?
What are all the nutrients you use(base nutes, boosters, cal mag, etc)?
Do you have a PH pen and an EC meter(I beleive you Have a PH probe for soil though)?
How often do you water?
whats the PH and EC of the water in your earth box?

Also do you have some type of base feeding schedule? as in a general amount of nutes you like to give during veg, and a general amount nutes you like to give during bloom(Example: 800ppm(1.6EC) during Veg and 1100(2.2EC) during Flower)?

Regardless you managed to get some damn fat nugs this time around man! Keep it up! Remember these beautiful girls?
75082d1269775675-mikegreenthumbs-earthbox-flowering-perepetual-harvest-grow-march24th025.jpg

75076d1269775675-mikegreenthumbs-earthbox-flowering-perepetual-harvest-grow-march24th019.jpg

http://i857.invalid.com/albums/ab133/mikegreenthumb/march22001.jpg

yes i remember well thats part of the reason im rethinking my approach i need get back to that

as far as the nutes im using earth juice line up grow ,bloom ,micro,meta k ,catalist ,and adding high phos bat quano

here is rough feeding schedule see attached

no boosters

756912110213ws.jpg

this is soil i use so soil is medioum this is type of soil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42r_WSDEhVI this video breaks down whats all in the soil

because i'm 100% organic their are no salts so no way to read ec/ppm

soil ph occasionally gets as high as 6.8 but 99% of time its 6.5
no wet ph tester yet need to get one and dont wana use the strips

thanks for the help justice i figure ill keep it public so someone might be able to learn or avoid something from all this

bro i appreciate the help for real

View attachment feeding schedule for earth juice.txt
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I think the issue is the nutes in the earthbox's res if your soil and organic tea is perfect... :thinking Maybe the airstone is clogged and not able to provide sufficient dissolved oxygen to the roots suspended in that brew?

M

mikegreenthumb

I think the issue is the nutes in the earthbox's res if your soil and organic tea is perfect... :thinking Maybe the airstone is clogged and not able to provide sufficient dissolved oxygen to the roots suspended in that brew?

same thing is happening to containers and grow bags niether have res's

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Honestly... I'm gonna stop beating around the bush and just say it... :shake Your environmental conditions and/or your tea is not on point then. I've mentioned it earlier, but you as with most traditional soil and organic farmers tend to be reluctant to test organic teas... I know, "organics don't have salts for electrical conductivity", but something is definitely off... :itwasntme

M

mikegreenthumb

Honestly... I'm gonna stop beating around the bush and just say it... :shake Your environmental conditions and/or your tea is not on point then. I've mentioned it earlier, but you as with most traditional soil and organic farmers tend to be reluctant to test organic teas... I know, "organics don't have salts for electrical conductivity", but something is definitely off... :itwasntme

yeah thanks for imput i already know its off thou just cant put finger exactly as to what it is and since not familiar with organics maybe dont chime in

never beat around the bush bro and they are reluctant for a reason its pointless

M

mikegreenthumb

i really dont want help anyone unless i asked for it so far i asked justice for his opionion i really dont want any guesse's or assistance thoughts or comments from anyone else right now im confidant ill get it figured out .....thanks

H

HighTolerance

Edit: Ooops, I posted some thoughts right now, but didn't read your last post. I deleted my thoughts and suggestions.

H

HighTolerance

Fair enough... BTW, I run Pure Blend Pro along with Great White, and my soil is Fox Farms Happy Frog... Lots of organics along with my chemicals like CalMag and my PK Boosters. Good luck!

Mike Bro, he was just trying to help, and to be frank his points were quite legit. You know I am not a total noob when it comes to organics.

Shady I was just about to mention that you are indeed an organic based soil grower, and I can vouch for Shady's flowers being top shelf.

justiceman

justiceman

as far as the nutes im using earth juice line up grow ,bloom ,micro,meta k ,catalist ,and adding high phos bat quano

here is rough feeding schedule see attached

no boosters

756912110213ws.jpg

this is soil i use so soil is medioum this is type of soil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42r_WSDEhVI this video breaks down whats all in the soil

because i'm 100% organic their are no salts so no way to read ec/ppm

soil ph occasionally gets as high as 6.8 but 99% of time its 6.5
no wet ph tester yet need to get one and dont wana use the strips

thanks for the help justice i figure ill keep it public so someone might be able to learn or avoid something from all this

bro i appreciate the help for real
No problem I really like to address these types of things and talk about them. I mean If we can figure out what's going on it's just that much more experience for all of us! I can also tell that you were once treating them ridiculously well judging by the above pics. What have you changed since then? Nutes? I'm really trying to help you figure this out and so are the other guys so lets band together for our common goal of increased knowledge and experience!

I am basically thinking along the same lines as that. I'm not so sure the airs tone is clogged or anything, but regardless I think that the PH and nutrient strength of the rez might be different then that of the soil possibly causing a lockout of some sort? How many air stone's do you have in what size rez?

same thing is happening to containers and grow bags niether have res's
Now that is interesting. How do you go about preparing the Earth juice tea's? Do you mix them up in R/O water and then water immediately or do you mix them in R/O water and let the Tea aerate(bubble with a couple airstones) for 24 hours?

Shady has said a few things I'd like to expand upon If I may. My above question about how you prepare your tea's ties in with them possibly not being "on point". And If you know them could you please answer these remaining Q's?

How often do you water?

The water temp in the earth box is especially important, because that also affects PH, and higher temps hold less dissolved oxygen. And of course this all in turn affects the microbial like in the rez and in the soil.

Now I know this sounds weird, but could you tell me the order in witch you add your nutrients? Example: meta k first, bloom second, grow third, catalyst, guano last, etc.

There is one truth a man of Organics must admit. Plants only absorb minerals. Organic users depend on the microbial life to break down complex organic matter into simple elements(minerals) that the plants can absorb.

This is important because it still might be possible to measure the earth juice nutrients with an EC meter. Although it will be impossible to measure the full strength as with pure mineral salts it should still give a constant so that you don't have as many variables. The feeding schedule might be off in certain areas depending on your plants needs. With organics It is ever so important to try and pre plan deficiencies by adding the correct things into the soil. One deficiencies appear it is hard to correct them with organic additives because they take so long to break down. This is actually the reason why many choose mineral salts, because it is easier to fix something if things go wrong.

We should try to identify what deficiencies you encountered so you can tweak your schedule a bit for next time.

Now If you want my honest opinion on the earth box here it goes. I really like the idea. I actually grew some tomatoes in an earth box outside a couple years ago and they tasted great but I ran into deficiencies and such(only used tap water). I like the idea of it and how low maintenance it is supposed to be and how it is supposed to act like the natural way of things.

When I think about it here are the things I don't like witch could cause problems. I assume you add your EJ tea's directly to your rez? You are unable to access the rez. You can't check it, or dump it and refill. You can only add nutes or water. The problem is you don't know how much nutrients are left in the rez so you might be adding to much or too little. This however does not expain your soil plants though. I want to hear some answers to the Q's before say anything else.

You were talking about keeping it simple and reviewing the basics earlier. I can understand If you want to continue using the earth box, but I would stop using it for now until we get your nutrient regiment dialed in.

And as for the soil mix sometimes getting in the 6.8 range. That might attribute to a lack of certain nutrients being absorbed since that is considered a little high. Some even consider 6.5 to be on the high side. I think even for soil a pretty safe PH should be around 6.0 to 6.3. But alas If the correct organic materials are present in the right proportions nutrient uptake can happen flawlessly at 6.8

M

mikegreenthumb

Mike Bro, he was just trying to help, and to be frank his points were quite legit. You know I am not a total noob when it comes to organics.

Shady I was just about to mention that you are indeed an organic based soil grower, and I can vouch for Shady's flowers being top shelf.

its nothing personal i said earlier i wasnt trying to journal and just focus on grow then i said i didnt want suggestions im not saying that shady you anyone isnt capable of helping just said i dont want any help suggestions info on what people are running etc i know its meant well but i dont want it !

M

mikegreenthumb

im tired im overwhelmed im not trying be an asshole sorry if a came across that way its frustrating typing responses and getting 4 diff or varrying or watever opinions i have the abilities to figure this out on my own i think ima just take a couple weeks and get this done appreciate the help great intentions etc shady ht justice thanks, ill be lurking and checking in on ur guys grow but ima unsub my thread and come back to it later on

peace

justiceman

justiceman

All good man! I'm confident you can figure it out. Take a break chill and smoke a little bit my man:joint: Your always welcome in my journal for sure. And I look forward to hopefully seeing a new grow journal form you in the future!
:anim_19:

M

mikegreenthumb

All good man! I'm confident you can figure it out. Take a break chill and smoke a little bit my man:joint: Your always welcome in my journal for sure. And I look forward to hopefully seeing a new grow journal form you in the future!
:anim_19:

thanks bro

Top Bottom