Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

do you do anything extra before you clone like giving the mother just water a week or 2 before? I used to be able to clone really easy and now it seems I have lost it. I'm about 50-50. I'm terrible at it. I do it like they say. I've tried rockwool in domes cloner machines, rapid shooters. Under t5 . I ph the water. Just don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong. It seems as though the leaves die before the roots appear. thank you

Try using indirect light and high humidity. I find if the clone dome is directly under the lamp the leaves die first like you say. If in a plants shadow or out of the direct light they root more than photosynthesize.

But i am no expert. I recently lost all the cuttings i had saved to pm. Too wet for too long in the dome.

They really do root placed in a cup of water in a couple weeks. Then you can plant with roots already growing.

reddwarf

reddwarf

Try using indirect light and high humidity. I find if the clone dome is directly under the lamp the leaves die first like you say. If in a plants shadow or out of the direct light they root more than photosynthesize.

But i am no expert. I recently lost all the cuttings i had saved to pm. Too wet for too long in the dome.

They really do root placed in a cup of water in a couple weeks. Then you can plant with roots already growing.
that sounds right. Thank you sir.

W

wiedman22

So do you place the cup in a dome or a heat mat?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So do you place the cup in a dome or a heat mat?

I plant the starting to root clone in a watered in cup of ocean forest and perlite and put in a clone dome just off the floor of the veg tent and away from the light some.

No heat mat. The tent ranges from 68 farenheight to 75. Humidity in dome stays high. I spray the dome with water ifbit drops. The tent is usually 50-60%.

reddwarf

reddwarf

And here is the other strain I picked up.

Chocolate Diesel S-1

View attachment 901708View attachment 901709View attachment 901710View attachment 901711View attachment 901712View attachment 901713View attachment 901714View attachment 901715View attachment 901716

Considering she burned during transition to nutes and lost most of her lower leaves early on she looks pretty damn good.

I love Diesel/thai hybrids. The pics dont do the frost justice. She is covered in trichomes even more than the chem x bag of oranges.

And smells exotic. Tickles the nose. Not a diesel smell. Something else.
where did you get you chocolate D? What Seedbank? Thanks

SinCity

SinCity

@MIMedGrower, bravo. You and this breeder are magic to watch. Absolute fucking magic.

But magic isn't the right word at all, is it? What your thread is showing is the blossoming (pun very much intended) of a long, slow, careful process. Daily, deliberate, and demanding work. Over time, the accumulation of close and repeated observation coalesces into a level of precision rarely achieved. And you're disciplined. And dedicated.

And you found a BREEDER as devoted as you are. It's just so fucking beautiful.

I've never seen such complete and masterful control of stem and leaf structure to bud ratio. i mean i've just never seen it done so well. it's simply extraordinary.

and your breeder... oh man...this folks is a whole new level. this breeder has clearly been working for a very long time to achieve a genome that is so MASTERFULLY AND CAREFULLY SELECTED OVER SO LONG A TIME SPAN. and SO STABLE i mean these are SEEDS. you get more consistent results than people working with rock star mothers. i'm floored. simply floored.

your thread couldn't have come at a better time. it's bringing EVERYTHING back to me at the exact moment that i'm returning to growing beautiful indoor weed--after decades of working in other aspects of weed world. you say it in one of your posts--these methods were worked out and perfected by a few pioneers. we just need to follow the instructions. plus, you've been given such stable strains that you've been able to really dial in to exactly what they need. you can see that when you use somebody else's genome.

in about a week or so, I will begin germination. my first ever indoor grow from seed--except for a disastrous forray this summer. I panicked that a pack of seeds of a BX of the beloved strain I started out with in New York in 1990 (HP 13) was getting too old, and i hastily and clumsily decided to grow them out. Botched it. Badly. didn't have the right set up at all. didn't have the commitment to care for them. they sat in three gallon pots for months before i flipped them. six of them hermied, another 2 were male, and three were female--i accidentally killed one of the females, and the other two females got infested with some kind of insect larvae because i wasn't adhering to clean room protocols, so i put them down. high crimes and misdemeanors (just noticed the pun!). it was sad.

thank you for bringing all that information flooding back to me. thank you for reminding me not to second guess what works. and you've prepared me for one of the most important things: to let myself be scared by how completely dry i need to let the soil get.

i hope you'll allow me to be in some conversation with you over certain aspects i never thought of--like controlling veg phase by using T5s. genius.

i've collected some promising genetics. we'll see what i've got.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower, bravo. You and this breeder are magic to watch. Absolute fucking magic.

But magic isn't the right word at all, is it? What your thread is showing is the blossoming (pun very much intended) of a long, slow, careful process. Daily, deliberate, and demanding work. Over time, the accumulation of close and repeated observation coalesces into a level of precision rarely achieved. And you're disciplined. And dedicated.

I've never seen such complete and masterful control of stem and leaf structure to bud ratio. i mean i've just never seen it done so well. it's simply extraordinary.

and your breeder... oh man...this folks is a whole new level. this breeder has clearly been working for a very long time to achieve a genome that is so MASTERFULLY AND CAREFULLY SELECTED OVER SO LONG A TIME SPAN. and SO STABLE i mean these are SEEDS. you get more consistent results than people working with rock star mothers. i'm floored. simply floored.

your thread couldn't have come at a better time. it's bringing EVERYTHING back to me at the exact moment that i'm returning to growing beautiful indoor weed--after decades of working in other aspects of weed world. you say it in one of your posts--these methods were worked out and perfected by a few pioneers. we just need to follow the instructions. plus, you've been given such stable strains that you've been able to really dial in to exactly what they need. you can see that when you use somebody else's genome.

in about a week or so, I will begin germination. my first ever indoor grow from seed--except for a disastrous forray this summer. I panicked that a pack of seeds of a BX of the beloved strain I started out with in New York in 1990 (HP 13) was getting too old, and i hastily and clumsily decided to grow them out. Botched it. Badly. didn't have the right set up at all. didn't have the commitment to care for them. they sat in three gallon pots for months before i flipped them. six of them hermied, another 2 were male, and three were female--i accidentally killed one of the females, and the other two females got infested with some kind of insect larvae because i wasn't adhering to clean room protocols, so i put them down. high crimes and misdemeanors (just noticed the pun!). it was sad.

thank you for bringing all that information flooding back to me. thank you for reminding me not to second guess what works. and you've prepared me for one of the most important things: to let myself be scared by how completely dry i need to let the soil get.

i hope you'll allow me to be in some conversation with you over certain aspects i never thought of--like controlling veg phase by using T5s. genius.

Well wow. That was a lot to take in. ;-)

Thank you very much. Very much! It means the world to me that another grower can see what i am putting into this every day.

As far as the breeder at ch9. I dont know about him. I thought we were friends. E friends anyway. And he bugged out on me. I waited for seeds to be ready for an order and at the last minute (while he was starting a new website and business) he said he would not ship me any more seeds. He said america but he has sent me plenty of discreet orders so i trusted him. Now I have only a few of his seeds and dont really want to promote him any longer. Plenty of other plants to grow. Let variety live on. The chocolate diesel i just jarred up is great. Now i have to simply double my yield with her. Lol

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Well, you and MimeMeGrower know the KEY to apply to allot of things. CONSISTENT, CONSTANT, DISCIPLINE. Growing, bodybuilding, free ride mountain biking, LIFE! Apply these three disciplines and things will, be all good.

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Thank you very much. Very much! It means the world to me that another grower can see what i am putting into this every day.

As far as the breeder at ch9. I dont know about him. I thought we were friends. E friends anyway. And he bugged out on me. I waited for seeds to be ready for an order and at the last minute (while he was starting a new website and business) he said he would not ship me any more seeds. He said america but he has sent me plenty of discreet orders so i trusted him. Now I have only a few of his seeds and dont really want to promote him any longer. Plenty of other plants to grow. Let variety live on. The chocolate diesel i just jarred up is great. Now i have to simply double my yield with her. Lol

PLENTY 😊

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well, you and MimeMeGrower know the KEY to apply to allot of things. CONSISTENT, CONSTANT, DISCIPLINE. Growing, bodybuilding, free ride mountain biking, LIFE! Apply these three disciplines and things will, be all good.

Well im suffering from a bulging disc so i dont think i will be body building or free riding too much. Lol.

Docster

Docster

And here is the other strain I picked up.

Chocolate Diesel S-1

View attachment 901708View attachment 901709View attachment 901710View attachment 901711View attachment 901712View attachment 901713View attachment 901714View attachment 901715View attachment 901716

Considering she burned during transition to nutes and lost most of her lower leaves early on she looks pretty damn good.

I love Diesel/thai hybrids. The pics dont do the frost justice. She is covered in trichomes even more than the chem x bag of oranges.

And smells exotic. Tickles the nose. Not a diesel smell. Something else.
Vary nice

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Well im suffering from a bulging disc so i dont think i will be body building or free riding too much. Lol.

Bud, take it from experience on the disc try the injections but, don't have surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. Starts you down a rabbit hole of surgery. This is a picture of my last surgery on the 3rd of September 2019. Yup this year two more discs replaced.

20190907 2011522
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bud, take it from experience on the disc try the injections but, don't have surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. Starts you down a rabbit hole of surgery. This is a picture of my last surgery on the 3rd of September 2019. Yup this year two more discs replaced.

Yeah this runs in my family. My mother is all fused and joint replaced and now on a walker.

I hear ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom