Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice, yeah domes prolly arent needed. But I use them (ziplock bag) on top of the solo for the first 2 or 3 days. Just so I dont have to constantly spray them 👍

Who knew those old DVDs would come in so handy? 🤣

Those are just the cases. The discs are in sleeved plastic pages in a binder. And those little 6” milk crates are school locker storage crates from walmart. I bought a whole display stack from the isle when i saw them.

BigCube

BigCube

Nice, I use these little dollar store stepping stools. 👍

20200131 093714

Those crates seem multi use though. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All right. I couldnt leave all the space for 10 weeks to get through a 1 light veg and then flower 5 weeks before starting the next set of plants.

I will likely transition to 4 at a time perpetually with a harvest every 5-6 weeks but for now i am filling the space with pairs of seed plants and will flip when the last 2 are a few weeks old or so.

So this has turned into an all ch9 seed run. I have had some of these seeds 6 years now and some were gifted from old stock by the breeder so some of these seeds are older than 10 years.

Still only a couple i tried did not germinate.

We have some of my favorite plants here. I have had amazing results with all these strains.

Pairs of..

Blue Lemon Thai

Black Widow x Blue Lemon Thai

And now Citral x POW 33

In a week or so i will germinate my last OG Kush x Trainwreck. Which i never mentioned but is actually a taken apart and re-bred Ghost Train Haze from Rare Dankness. Not sure why he re named it. Dont think he gets along with the breeder there. He hates the strain. I think its one of his best.

Pete at ch9 is an amazing breeder. His stuff reminds me of the old 80’s weed the most. But he stopped sending me seeds here in America and we have parted ways.

I still have a few last seeds in packs and some of his stored breeding seeds of Herijuana x Jack 33. And a few various s-1’s from hidden or not so hidden nanners. Lol

Anyway. I am going to miss that crazy nut who used to post my plants in his catalog and on instagram. I have trouble letting go but all good things come to an end. I can still take pride I got my flower pics on a breeder site in my first years as a grower. Pete helped me along through my learning curve. He was always returning emailed questions promptly.

If he spoke better english and had better online disposition he could have been famous. He got well known but no fame. And the dick head breeders that used to be on icmag (who did reach fame deserved or not) trolled him right out of the forum of breeders.

Famous guys but a bunch of jealous scared amateurs really.

I wonder if he still reads my thread?

Sorry for the long boring post.

So here are a couple of...

Boring seedling pics o the day

BDAF05C6 20A6 4BA8 B7D0 A7FCB31C6DF8
572226F8 C38C 4576 A4CB 29AE7642CEB3

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Mrs. MMG has a phone mount on her mountain bike handlebars to take video and stills. Here she shows me she was catching up to me in the woods. She must have been peddling hard cause i was flying on that bit of trail.

10227202 6EDC 4B74 9D6D 54BCCE57FA5D

6BE43589 E881 42CD B9C4 6D073C7213C7

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am sure i am being paranoid but these seedlings dont look right. I may have root aphids back attacking these as they develop. Again could be me but i dont see why i would have yellow cots before week 2 and that was happening to the new seedlings at the peak of the infestation.

So i will water them with a low ec feed and a full dose of botanigard. I didnt expect to use it in this stage.

F20E3BFA 7B56 46E9 9F73 74FF3C50314B
B2C45332 50B9 48BB 9D50 3F6143D15F35

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd be VERY surprised if you have RA's damaging plants again this quickly. Are the cots on all the plants yellowing or just one or two?
Also not sure if you know this already but the dose of botanigard for root aphids is actually double the highest recommended label dose for regular aphids on the package according to bio works website. I believe It is 2lb per 100 gallons, or 1 Kilo per 400 liters for RA's.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'd be VERY surprised if you have RA's damaging plants again this quickly. Are the cots on all the plants yellowing or just one or two?
Also not sure if you know this already but the dose of botanigard for root aphids is actually double the highest recommended label dose on the package according to bio works website.

Its only the first set of seedlings. They are about to need water maybe tonight.

And i thought i use the 2 pound directions. Which is 2 tablespoons per gallon for the wp22 on bio works chart.

DC32F662 F680 4CB6 94EA 7673CB2E77B2

Do you think i should wait for the 1 and 3 gallon transplants to treat with botanigard?

I plan to make this a regular IPM.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Its only the first set of seedlings. They are about to need water maybe tonight.

And i thought i use the 2 pound directions. Which is 2 tablespoons per gallon for the wp22 on bio works chart.

View attachment 1020496

Do you think i should wait for the 1 and 3 gallon transplants to treat with botanigard?

I plan to make this a regular IPM.

The 2lb rate is the right one. The label rate for aphids is only 1lb for some reason, but for RA's its double that.

Botanigard is unique in that pests arent going to develop tolerance and resistance to it, so you can use it quite a bit. I'd apply it once a week to everything you have honestly. You dont want to take any chances.. Personally I would have nuked everything with Imid just for the peace of mind. I understand the paranoia recovering from those bastards..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The 2lb rate is the right one. The label rate for aphids is only 1lb for some reason, but for RA's its double that.

Botanigard is unique in that pests arent going to develop tolerance and resistance to it, so you can use it quite a bit. I'd apply it once a week to everything you have honestly. You dont want to take any chances.. Personally I would have nuked everything with Imid just for the peace of mind. I understand the paranoia recovering from those bastards..

Im kinda anti pesticide so i want to try without. I shouldnt have anything but winter eggs at this point if they were laid in the wall. But even one of hose fuckers can start it all again...

I will start adding the botanogard to the weekly feeds.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Im kinda anti pesticide so i want to try without. I shouldnt have anything but winter eggs at this point if they were laid in the wall. But even one of hose fuckers can start it all again...

I will start adding the botanogard to the weekly feeds.

I hear ya man. Honestly I am not a pesticide lover but I also know that they sometimes have their place. Botanigard is an excellent tool, though it's best suited to a combination approach, used along side another pesticide like orthene for a seperate mode of action. There is a chance that relying on botanigard alone wont give a complete kill which is what you need with RA's, otherwise theyll continually come back to haunt you.
This is just my 2 cents man, not trying to talk you into anything you dont want to do. Just saying what I'd do.. I'm not really a gambling man and do not like taking chances, if it was me,... it would be a one and done bomb drop over aphid town lol.. See ya later fuckers! hahaha. And I'd do it while they were still young in the nursery pots before transplant.

That approach also nearly guarantees the plants will get 3 months of growth after application, so it's out of the system at harvest. Taking chances, you might end up fighting them again in flower, and that's no fun at all.

Wish you luck dude, following to see how you make out for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom