MMA "smack talk"

• Thread starter wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TIME2UNITE

Yes actually I do, one of my friends runs a gym and has quite a few amatuer fights under his belt. There is nothing easier then slamming people into moves that have no clue how to defend them or get out of them, we do it all the time. My friend has traveled around the world to different camps and has trained with the pro fighters, he got pounded on by Wanderlei Silva in training. He said they are all so strong you can't even move them when your locked up with them on the ground, and he's a very strong normal dude.

I never called it an ankle twist, I said he got lucky and grabbed an ankle then twisted into fetal position. When a guy doesn't know how to defend a submission you don't need much technique, If I can grab your ankle tight and wrap you up then you try to get out of it the wrong way you'll be tapping.

By the way I didn't say all moves are luck, I said Mir was lucky to get a submission on and curl up like a woman, best part is he acts like he's the best fighter in the world after he was just getting dominated by a guy that has no clue about MMA at the time.

Are you Mir's mom?

wonka

wonka

Mir was lucky to get a submission on and curl up like a woman, best part is he acts like he's the best fighter in the world after he was just getting dominated by a guy that has no clue about MMA at the time.

u are dead on

U

Ushgumbala

Loved seeing Bisping lose again, Silva just looks so different with the new face cut..!

Cain was really impressive, always is, NOG should have gone to the ground, even in guard he could have pulled a sub.. Maybe NOG vs Crocop reunion.. :icon_cookie:

I wish Mousassi would come and fight Anderson Silva, its way past time .. Sonnen has a slight chance but Mousassi is the shit..

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

It isn't that hard to twist someones ankle that isn't ready for it and has zero experience stopping it or getting out of it.

Yeah your right I doubt lesnar trained on how to escape from basic BJJ moves like that, knowing that his opponent was probably gonna be firing off submission attempts consistantly why would even train on those escapes for even one minute. I agree that he had zero experience or training on simple stufff like that :D lol...On a side note frank mir is a big ole d bag, I fucking hate his smug as remarks and looks.

T

TIME2UNITE

Bala what up? I hear ya, Bisping is a wanker! Silva looks totally different now with his new face lol, I think he looked more mean before with a smashed nose and cut up brows.

If Lesnar trained to escape basic BJJ moves he wouldn't of turned his back and gave Mir his leg, and he could of escaped if he knew what he was doing. He still needs better training and coaching to this day, he dominates fighters just by his ability and size but doesn't have much for any sort of technique. He gets right on top of people and controls the whole fight but isn't very good at ending it, he does 100 little short turbo punches and little hammer fists when he could easily snap someones limb or get some major power into the punches. If he gets a submission ground game he'll be lights out.

U

Ushgumbala

T - what up bro, Yeah Lesnar needs some all around training no doubt, interested to see what kind of shape he will come back after his illness.. .. Would love to see Fedor jump in, id put my money on him ofcourse but that would stop all the hype in a hurry.. ..

Yeah Silva looked like a pit bull back then, now he's more like a crazy aphex twin video character!!.

Aphex2k
Venom818

Venom818

Yeah your right I doubt lesnar trained on how to escape from basic BJJ moves like that, knowing that his opponent was probably gonna be firing off submission attempts consistantly why would even train on those escapes for even one minute. I agree that he had zero experience or training on simple stufff like that :D lol...On a side note frank mir is a big ole d bag, I fucking hate his smug as remarks and looks.

are u kidding me lesnar is the biggest d bag in the ufc.

wonka

wonka

i agree ushgumbala... will be very interesting to see what kind of shape lesner is in when he gets back and how much ring rust comes with the long lay off.. who ever faces him in his first fight back will get there best chance of beating him.. which i hope does not happen and he continues to go threw the heavyweight div.. lord d had it right venom.. mir is and hope carwin beats him down so we dont have to hear from him for a long time..

G

greenthumbbumb

Yes actually I do, one of my friends runs a gym and has quite a few amatuer fights under his belt. There is nothing easier then slamming people into moves that have no clue how to defend them or get out of them, we do it all the time. My friend has traveled around the world to different camps and has trained with the pro fighters, he got pounded on by Wanderlei Silva in training. He said they are all so strong you can't even move them when your locked up with them on the ground, and he's a very strong normal dude.

I never called it an ankle twist, I said he got lucky and grabbed an ankle then twisted into fetal position. When a guy doesn't know how to defend a submission you don't need much technique, If I can grab your ankle tight and wrap you up then you try to get out of it the wrong way you'll be tapping.

By the way I didn't say all moves are luck, I said Mir was lucky to get a submission on and curl up like a woman, best part is he acts like he's the best fighter in the world after he was just getting dominated by a guy that has no clue about MMA at the time.

Are you Mir's mom?

Yes, i got Frankie on my nip right now!

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

carwin acutally seems like a nice dude, I would love to see his lunch pail sized fist just turn frank mir's face to ground beef again...

Venom I agree with you that lesnar is a bid ole d bag also, hes right up there with mir and probably brando vera, his comments arent as dumb as they used to be, and he is way overrated!!! imvho

T

TIME2UNITE

I dunno if you can call him over rated though, I mean look whats he's done and who he's beat getting thrown to the wolves right off the bat. He didn't start his UFC career fighting some chumps and warming up, he got tossed in with world class fighters. He's got holes in his game forsure and they try to make him seem better then he is, his ground game is weak for doing submissions and defending submissions, if he gets into a stand up fight with a hardcore striker he'll get dropped to right now, but for who he's fought and his lack of training and experience in MMA I'd say he's stepped up to the challenge pretty nicely. He does get out of line and seem like a doush at times though I hear ya. I think his respect for the sport will grow.

Mir, I've never liked him for some reason he just seems way to cocky and always as that smirk on his face like he's the shit lol, but gotta give him props for coming back and fighting well after missing years from his accident.

I want to see the Lesnar vs Fedor fight bad, but I'd like for Lesnar to get his legs back under him and fight a few more fights first, and still have Fedor be in his prime. I hate when fights you wanted to see finally go down but one guy is past his prime and worn out.

5tickynubz

It's to bad hong man choi didn't get medical clearance from the csac a few years ago when he was supposed to face Brock in his mma debut on that dynamite card. That would have been one hell of a freakshow.

G

greenthumbbumb

This next fight card isnt that exciting im glad to see its on versus, thats a first right? I finally get UFC in HD!

5tickynubz

I agree, not really a ppv worthy card. Although Jones vs Vera, jds vs napao and Kongo vs buentello should be really good fights.

G

greenthumbbumb

I got
Vera>Jones
Gonzaga> JDS
Kongo>Paul
Irvin>Sakara
Guida>
dont really care about the rest, maybe Matsu for old school.

L

lifecycle

UFC 112 Abu Dhabi

Middleweight Championship bout:
Anderson Silva (c)vs. Demian Maia

Lightweight Championship bout:
B.J. Penn (c) vs. Frankie Edgar

Welterweight bout:
Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie

that is one hell of a card!!!!:confused0054:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
mir is an exellent commentator on versus, he keeps his personal opinion to himself and is extremely informative as far as what is happening in the cage. as far as fighting he has seen better days.

mal.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

James Toney just signed with the UFC a few days ago... his qoute was great when asked what hes gonna do to defend the take down... his respones was classic " ima be sending heads in orbit" lmao i hope so... Dana White is genius Im seeing one of his first fights already im calling it James Toney vs Kimbo Slice I think that would be an awesome fight. BTW Gonzaga is fucked!!!! I have a feeling JDS will run right threw that fool, im hoping Jones fucks vera's carrer I think his fights are booring. The Kongo Buentello fight is gonna be bagging forsure!!! I cant wait to watch it.

Top Bottom