• Thread starter Lunchbox627
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

And im extremely picky and a snob , more than I like to admit sometimes

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Never mind. It's not about what you or I think, it's about understanding your plants and knowing the perfect time to chop, not a day less or more. And everyone likes to think of themselves as discerning and their taste as being the most critical and snobbish......welcome to America. We are all elitists..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
10 week flower times cost you a full flip a year and with rooms that pull in $80-$120,000 cash every flip, that's a lot of cash, especially when you have 20 rooms side by side, $2million bucks a year difference in the bottom line. At the wholesale level the price is all the same for 8-9 week strains as it is for 10-12 week strains, $2400 bucks and they do not care how long it took you to grow it or how much additional expense you have in the product...right now I see the biggest difference being the trim, same plant hand trimmed looks like high def super weed suitable for calenders and cup wins, but running it thru a automatic trimmer and it starts to lack the same appeal..the problem becomes the ability to hand trim 60-100lbs every Monday, week in week out, not really a way to do it with hand trimmers..you have to hire 100 for every 10 you want to show up and even then its hard to keep good trimmers on their game..probably the most inconsistant unreliable non work ethic group of folks you will every see..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

At what price would the producers go for it I mean if they were able to sell it easy what price would make it worth it for them.......a pound of certified sour d used to go for 5 k pre paid and. Most of the time they didn't care how it was grown and some x'$ even made the cut ....the problem with trimmers reminds me of why so many immigrants are demanded in agriculture and other industrial jobs

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

10 week flower times cost you a full flip a year and with rooms that pull in $80-$120,000 cash every flip, that's a lot of cash, especially when you have 20 rooms side by side, $2million bucks a year difference in the bottom line. At the wholesale level the price is all the same for 8-9 week strains as it is for 10-12 week strains, $2400 bucks and they do not care how long it took you to grow it or how much additional expense you have in the product...right now I see the biggest difference being the trim, same plant hand trimmed looks like high def super weed suitable for calenders and cup wins, but running it thru a automatic trimmer and it starts to lack the same appeal..the problem becomes the ability to hand trim 60-100lbs every Monday, week in week out, not really a way to do it with hand trimmers..you have to hire 100 for every 10 you want to show up and even then its hard to keep good trimmers on their game..probably the most inconsistant unreliable non work ethic group of folks you will every see..

It is a ton of money and that's why big business will never hurt the small growers who take their time and do things right. It's not the fault of the mmj, it the owners not knowing what the funk they're doing. Like Caveman was saying, a perpetual grow can be worked out so the buds are always finished on the chop. It takes some discipline, and with the right strains, planning and timing, it can be done.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

the problem with trimmers reminds me of why so many immigrants are demanded in agriculture and other industrial jobs
+1
I don't think it's just work ethic among trimmers...It's work ethic among the unemployed that have time to trim (your not usually hiring already employed people, so in a sense you are already drawing from the bottom of the labor pool). Then the nature of repetitive tasks, low pay and normal working hours also lends itself to the immigrant worker, while the unemployed American debates if it's worth his time at $10-12/hr and sluggishly makes his way at a 10 man/hr pound. While Jose over there is starting into pound number 3 after ten hours (and happy he's got a kush job indoors out of the summer heat)....

"Thank you Jesus for the food we are about to receive."

"De nada."

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

+1
I don't think it's just work ethic among trimmers...It's work ethic among the unemployed that have time to trim (your not usually hiring already employed people, so in a sense you are already drawing from the bottom of the labor pool). Then the nature of repetitive tasks, low pay and normal working hours also lends itself to the immigrant worker, while the unemployed American debates if it's worth his time at $10-12/hr and sluggishly makes his way at a 10 man/hr pound. While Jose over there is starting into pound number 3 after ten hours (and happy he's got a kush job indoors out of the summer heat)....

"Thank you Jesus for the food we are about to receive."

"De nada."

It's kind of fucked up thinking that all immigrant workers think our shit jobs are "kush" jobs. Most immigrants will tell you they would have never of come here if they knew the reality of American life.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's kind of fucked up thinking that all immigrant workers think our shit jobs are "kush" jobs. Most immigrants will tell you they would have never of come here if they knew the reality of American life.
I understand the compassion in your assumption, I am going to assume we would still be treated worse there....
Something along the lines of "I would rather be treated like shit from people I don't understand and don't look like me" my father

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

I understand the compassion in your assumption, I am going to assume we would still be treated worse there....
Something along the lines of "I would rather be treated like shit from people I don't understand and don't look like me" my father

I owned a restaurant for many years. No one likes working all day everyday to live under the poverty line. As an owner, I could not afford healthcare or a place to live. I didn't take a paycheck for three years, living with my parents the entire time. I employed whoever would take the job, but everyone eventually would leave because I couldn't afford to pay more than 12/hour and no one can live on 12/hour.. I only blame our society as a whole for these problems.

K

kolah

You raise a good point, MtGrownCanna. Small business owners are being wiped out the banking elites inflationary fake money. When I was a kid you could work a minimum wage job and still be able to afford an apartment, pay the utility bills and drive a halfway decent car.

OTOH I am unsure just how much the average pot shop makes...but I can only imagine some of those places collect some big numbers and could easily afford to pay the grunts more than 10 per hour...and other shops are barely making it...and others and still closing up shop completely.

One example: food prices are still climbing through the roof...and with no end in sight. And the reality of it all is that things are going to get much worse before they get better. Looking at the linked article below it won't be long before all those shitty jobs are gone as well. Then what? You best have a plan, Stan.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...-s-retail-apocalypse-that-will-blow-your-mind

Last edited:
MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

I'm not sure things will get better after they get worse, Kolah. Call me a pessimist, but I see very bad future for the majority of people in this world.. Sometimes I think if I only invested in a few companies back in the 70's, I'd own Berkshire!!:(

C

CobbCreekBob

best fuckin analogy I ever seen put to print on the biz. TK, does the potency change not matter in the pricing from a 8 weeker to a 12 weeker ever?

K

kolah

Things will get better.... just follow history....it's always cyclic in nature...ebb and flow like.

"you may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one..." :D

W

WAkuntry

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and a dickhead don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty alice in every head light
Alice, Dallas....

I've been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah
"Tried" every kind of "stone" that's ever been made
Driven the back roads so I wouldn't get "caught"
And if you give me: weed, whites, and wine
And you show me a sign
I'll be willin', to be movin'

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I guess we worked with different Central and South Americans...I talked to all in my kitchen experience, not one said they'd rather be slaving back home.
And I'm not talking about the 'shit' jobs like picking peppers in 120 degree heat...

It's trimming, which by all accounts is easier than kitchen work.
But white people think they should be a middle manager somewhere making 50+/yr not really doing anything.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I owned a restaurant for many years. ...I employed whoever would take the job, but everyone eventually would leave because I couldn't afford to pay more than 12/hour and no one can live on 12/hour.. I only blame our society as a whole for these problems.
Well you did go into the restaurant game. With a failure rate that would rival venture capital investing. Perhaps you should blame the invisible hand of economics and free trade instead of people.
Or blame the cook.

Top Bottom