MOTIV303's Perpetual Madness Grow Logs-Galactic Tahoe

• Thread starter motiv303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
good morning dusa.. the genetics play the part of coloring. if there isnt a purple in the lineage your probably not going to get any purple coloring, even with freezing temps.
Actually brother, just about any strain can be made to create some purple coloring with a signifigant temperature drop between lights on/off. Most will do it if there is a 10-15 degree drop between the light and dark cycles in my experience at least. When that happens the leaves become stressed and a chemical is released by the plant as a defense mechanism to protect the leaves and it creates the purple color. High levels, basically overdose of magnesium will also cause some purpling, not like you want it though. I dont really reccomend doing either, but it does occur. I prefer the colors of my plants to be natural and come from the genetics personally, lol. Just my 2 cents. Rap soon my brother Queso

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Actually brother, just about any strain can be made to create some purple coloring with a signifigant temperature drop between lights on/off. Most will do it if there is a 10-15 degree drop between the light and dark cycles in my experience at least. When that happens the leaves become stressed and a chemical is released by the plant as a defense mechanism to protect the leaves and it creates the purple color. High levels, basically overdose of magnesium will also cause some purpling, not like you want it though. I dont really reccomend doing either, but it does occur. I prefer the colors of my plants to be natural and come from the genetics personally, lol. Just my 2 cents. Rap soon my brother Queso
i have to dis agree on the statement that most will change unless youre talking about leaves. ive ran a winter crop outside and yes i got pupling on the leaves but the buds remained green except on the blueberry i ran that turned a neon magenta when it was alive and cured to a dark dark purple.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
i have to dis agree on the statement that most will change unless youre talking about leaves. ive ran a winter crop outside and yes i got pupling on the leaves but the buds remained green except on the blueberry i ran that turned a neon magenta when it was alive and cured to a dark dark purple.
yeah, thats what i said, the leaves will turn, but no, i cant say iver ever seen the whole flowers turn, but even the small leaves in the flowers can, just not the calyxes, at least in my experience. Either way, your original statement is mainly correct, without purple in the genetics youre not going to get flowers that look like the one in my avatar, that is fa sho. Peace homie. Motiv

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

yeah, thats what i said, the leaves will turn, but no, i cant say iver ever seen the whole flowers turn, but even the small leaves in the flowers can, just not the calyxes, at least in my experience. Either way, your original statement is mainly correct, without purple in the genetics youre not going to get flowers that look like the one in my avatar, that is fa sho. Peace homie. Motiv
fuck purple leaves in the neck ... haha . i totally skipped the part where you wrote leaves WAKE AND BAKE haha. so yes i do agree with you then.

N

naturalmedicine

These Galactics are looking nice. I just watched the Fruity Pebble #2 harvest video and I must say it was hilarious when you slammed that branch against the tray to show how dense it was. I was hella rollin. That #2 is some fire. Nice work.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
what up what up farmers! Time for another update. So, yesterday was day 22 and the Galactics are truckin along real nice, im fully stoked on them. Both plants were only topped once and are throwing up some nice long stacks of nuggetry already. I have noticed a bit of nutrient sensitivity that makes some of the fan leaves show a mottled coloring and makes the leaf tip/side pull sideways. I think this is a sensitivy just to higher ppm's and mainly to Notrogen, but if anyone has info to the contrary or more detailed feel free to discuss. I have only seen this type of reaction in 3 strains so far, Galactic, One pheno of Alien Grapevine, and my old Rocky Mountain Kush cut (also a kush strong polyhybrid strain) so i think some of these more finicky strains can do this at times. Anyway, i backed off a bit and things are looking great now. So, first up is Galactic Tahoe #1. The stick in the 2nd shot is a yardstick (3' 3") for height reference. So, please enjoy the pucs and i will begin loading up Galactic #3 soon. Thank you for droppin in!
Galactic Tahoe #1- Day #22
IMAG2518
IMAG2520

IMAG2521
IMAG2522

IMAG2523
IMAG2524

IMAG2525
IMAG2526

IMAG2527
IMAG2528

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
There they are at day #22 ya'll. I truly am excited to see this strain finish. The OG smells are really starting to come alive on these 2 girls, gonna get REAL funky here soon. The pics above were all taken just before feeding so they were a lil slouchy, so here is a kind of crappy room shot where you can see the typical Alien Genetics/ Capulators Benneficials mass prayer session in effect. I hope you all enjoyed the pics and i will rap with you all soon. Peace out brothers and sisters! Motiv
IMAG2543

Latest posts

Top Bottom