Mr Dizzle's dunkin his balls in some Hempie'z

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

I bought two different kinds, one has a locking but I havent used it yet. I was thinking you could run pvc up the center and put a "T" on top with about a 1ft coming out both sides, then slip some 16gage wire through the pvc so you can hook the yo-yos to that wire

I have been just hooking the yoyos to the tomatoes cages I have and its working great, but the green ones with the locks dont fit on the cages so I bough little "S" hooks and connect them like that

M

mrdizzle

Ill try to post some pics but at the start of week 5 the buds are huge, I started with GTD hammerhead MOAB combo see whats good with that

E

easypleasie

I think you can jam a piece of tubing or plastic in the yo-yo and that may lock it...i'll have to test that out later. Good idea with the T and wire. I used heavyweight molasses for the first time and my buds are bigger than i've ever seen. I've got some 2-liter bottle sized colas that required a few yo-yos to support lol I wanna try GTD's moab/hammerhead combo sometime.

M

mrdizzle

yea dude and my final MPB room, one of the 5 plants didnt drop a single root in 2wks, so I yanked it and replaced it wil a mom, then another plant kinda stopped growing, had some brownie roots, so I hit it with the physan20 and did a clean down, then just added back 4ml per gal of hydrofungicide and 500ppm, the other plants look great and Im hoping this shit fades away soo, I havent even flipped yet. FUCK DWC

M

mrdizzle

I would rather grow in 20 gal brutes with a 8wk veg, My hempy room is a fucking dream, I havent had a single issuse yet, selling all my chiller and air pumps and just get back to fool proof style

A

amstercal

Day 29 and already with so many yo yos? You're going to have to yo yo every branch by the end. Rough problem. :-)

Do you think more training through the cages would help or just not enough room to open up period?

M

mrdizzle

yea these are waaay fatter than my MPBs have ever been on day 29. Maybe because the plants arent so huge or because I didnt fuck with the fan leafs, Im not sure yet, but I have a feeling I will get 6-7 off the 4 lights

the tomatoe cages are very different from the onces I used for my MPBs, they are really just a support for the plant, I think they only have 4 bars running verticall and then 3 levels of bars that circle the 4 vertical barrs making it nice and airy in there,where the concrete reinforcers are much more restrictive. and in the end only support the plants main stem and all the branches still grow and snap if you dont supoort them

J

Jalisco Kid

Look at janus's grow. He uses my pvc stake system. I use a 3/4 pipe with a T. When using 5 gal buckets I offset the t by cutting different lengths for the T. I use the T to secure the pvc. Your old leader said it would not hold a real tree. I find it works just right.
Dwc is one thing. rcdwc = 20% more then my chow mix. JK

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

With experience in DWC I have had the Death Without Cause syndrome a few times. Once in a while I would get a plant or 2 that would shit the bed for no reason while all the other ones were just fine.
That is why I call it that.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Not sure how I missed this thread, but I'm looking forward to your next update mrdizzle! :cool

T

TyKaycha

Wow great thread! I used to stalk to you guys when I was checking out the mpb's, even ended up going with an UnderCurrent system. Got tired of it though, and moved to Hempy's a few months ago. Been lovin' it ever since. I do a modified hempy bucket though. No side run-off, well there is but it's higher up and only used to flush before flipping. Instead I run a pvc tube down the inside side of the bucket all the way to the bottom. I use a wine cork & a utility marking flag to gauge how much water is in the bottom rez. Once the flag drops, I water down the tube until flag raises back up 2 inches.

Good idea someone posted about having a column in the center as a wick. Might have to try that.

Nice to see you guys: MrDizzle, EasyPleasie and Lost. It's been awhile! I've been hiding out in the Colorado forum

T

TyKaycha

Forgot to add that I use bioballs in the bottom as well.

Wow great thread! I used to stalk to you guys when I was checking out the mpb's, even ended up going with an UnderCurrent system. Got tired of it though, and moved to Hempy's a few months ago. Been lovin' it ever since. I do a modified hempy bucket though. No side run-off, well there is but it's higher up and only used to flush before flipping. Instead I run a pvc tube down the inside side of the bucket all the way to the bottom. I use a wine cork & a utility marking flag to gauge how much water is in the bottom rez. Once the flag drops, I water down the tube until flag raises back up 2 inches.

Good idea someone posted about having a column in the center as a wick. Might have to try that.

Nice to see you guys: MrDizzle, EasyPleasie and Lost. It's been awhile! I've been hiding out in the Colorado forum

M

mrdizzle

^^^ thats a pretty good fucking idea dude, I hate hydroton, and I bet the bioballs clean like a dream.

you have any pics of the PVC setup

T

TyKaycha

no pics yet but I'm going to be building more in a few weeks. Will try to remember to take pics. Nothing to difficult though. Using 3.5 gal buckets. I get the pvc tubes already the right size at Lowes in the plumbing section (at mine, it's in the section where you get the S-shaped drain tubes, etc). It's only about 14 inches or so. The tube section on end as a slight lip on one end. I drill some holes in the end I'm placing towards the bottom (for me its the lipped end). I wrap some landscaping root-blocking cloth around that end and use a zip-tie to hold it in place (to prevent roots from getting into the tube)

I am using the lid that comes with the bucket too. I cut 2 holes in the lid. 1 the size of the tube diameter - close to the edge so I can slip the lid in place over the bucket, with the tube sticking out. The other hole is about 4 inches in the center, so the plant can grow out. Found that it helps, especially in the summer, to reduce evaporation from the "soil".

When I fill the bucket I just hold the tube in place, place the lid on but not snapped in place - I just slip it over the tube & spin the lid out of the way for now. Originally I tried gluing the tube in place first, but that became a pain. So I hold it in place. Fill the bucket. Once the soil-less mix is about halfway, I just let the tube stand on its own and continue filling.

The first watering before I even put the plant in there, I actually water the whole bucket until the flag raises, then after that first watering I water using the tube. Put the lid in place.

Next run before snapping lid in place, I'm going to put black plastic sheeting over the top of the "soil" to further help reduce evaporation. Then cross a large "X" in the center of the sheeting for the plant.

I'm just working with seeds right now. Been just putting them in soaked rapid rooter plugs. Then putting the plug directly into the "soil". So far 100% germ. If I was working with seeds I wasn't sure about - I wouldn't put together the bucket until I got a sprout.

Hope that all makes sense. Still a work in progress. Have a couple of other ideas which I might implement. Bascially it's like a modified Hempy/EarthBox bucket.

purpleberry

purpleberry

You could also just add a sight tube on the outside of the bucket to see the water leval, and if you needed to flush just pull the tube down for a drain.

T

TyKaycha

You could also just add a sight tube on the outside of the bucket to see the water leval, and if you needed to flush just pull the tube down for a drain.

A buddy tried that and got algae. I thought about trying but with a dark colored tube, and with the cork & marker flag.

My other thought was to use two buckets, one inside the other. The inside bucket would have small holes drilled so roots to get to the rez in the lower outside bucket. I have a bucket like that now but it doesn't have the watering tube. I might try modifying it and see how that works.

Dizzle - sorry for posting this stuff on your thread. Will back off now.

Top Bottom