Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zill

Mr. Notfrankster,

The property sounds great. Wandering around do you find morel mushrooms? Just curious. Occasionally we would come across them. Pretty distinctive, very meaty and tasty.

Z.

Z

Zill

Introducing - Morchella esculentoides. It’s an ascomycete not the typical basidiomycete mushroom cap fruiting body. It’s different.

71B259E2 D8AF 4AD8 8EF4 290A3E7E4D67
GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Introducing - Morchella esculentoides. It’s an ascomycete not the typical basidiomycete mushroom cap fruiting body. It’s different.
Worth mentioning along with this, is the close look-alike false morel which is NOT edible. Anyone searching for morels should definitely know the difference between the two.

Z

Zill

Capt.,

Not easy to get basidiomycetes to fruit. Nice work. When my cultures didn’t fruit I found the infected seeds filled with white mycelium were as potent as any mushroom.

If fact going forward I didn’t try to force mushrooms. I allowed the seeds to get covered with a thick mat of mycelia. I then cut the mat into 1x1 chunks and threw it into the freezer. Last forever.

Zill.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Capt.,

Not easy to get basidiomycetes to fruit. Nice work. When my cultures didn’t fruit I found the infected seeds filled with white mycelium were as potent as any mushroom.

If fact going forward I didn’t try to force mushrooms. I allowed the seeds to get covered with a thick mat of mycelia. I then cut the mat into 1x1 chunks and threw it into the freezer. Last forever.

Zill.
Whoa. THANK YOU.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Shrooms are wicked. I'm down to grow some when it gets legalized here. Which hopefully will be soon. ☺

dextr0

dextr0

Capt.,

Zill.
What grains are you using? Have you used rice?

Top Bottom