My 2023 New York outdoor grow

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I think theres a couple, i know theres this place called Organica but i dont know what they have ive never been there. I usually shop with Ace Hardware honestly. They have most of the stuff i use.
Ace is the place 😆 I go to ace as well lol there everywhere and usually have most of what you need

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Ace for me too. Our Grow shop in town Just closed up. They are all dropping like flies in Michigan cause the price of weed has dropped so much, Growing indoors is not worth it. At least that is what the owner told me.
Yeah prices have dropped to stupid levels but so is the quality. I haven't got anything from the dispo that was what I call good yet. That's the problem all they want it the highest THC because that's the misinformation being taught to us. Even my horrible runs indoor are wayyy better as far as terps🤪

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah prices have dropped to stupid levels but so is the quality. I haven't got anything from the dispo that was what I call good yet. That's the problem all they want it the highest THC because that's the misinformation being taught to us. Even my horrible runs indoor are wayyy better as far as terps🤪
Yeah i want the terps as well man, dont get me wrong potency is key but i enjoy a nice flavorful smoke almost more than getting stoned.

Prices are still kinda high here. I just picked up an ounce at 140 but its usually anywhere from 180-240 an ounce around here, which is stuuupid.

Ive got no problem paying 140 but 240 is way to high. Like it better get you high by just looking at it for that price.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Yeah i want the terps as well man, dont get me wrong potency is key but i enjoy a nice flavorful smoke almost more than getting stoned.

Prices are still kinda high here. I just picked up an ounce at 140 but its usually anywhere from 180-240 an ounce around here, which is stuuupid.

Ive got no problem paying 140 but 240 is way to high. Like it better get you high by just looking at it for that price.
Hell around here we have 40$ oz. Trust me it's garbage 🗑 most of it is over dry and crumbly

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hell around here we have 40$ oz. Trust me it's garbage 🗑 most of it is over dry and crumbly
You can get an 8th for that here...
People think their weed is gold around me and its the same case, dried out crumbly garbage, and its always smalls, never anything bigger than a gumball. Its disgusting what they charge here.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

You can get an 8th for that here...
People think their weed is gold around me and its the same case, dried out crumbly garbage, and its always smalls, never anything bigger than a gumball. Its disgusting what they charge here.
Truth is around here I can get outdoor for 25 a oz. I had my wife grab a few oz's the other day for the stash. He retired friend grows too much for herself 😉

Screenshot 20230313 093231 Gallery
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Truth is around here I can get outdoor for 25 a oz. I had my wife grab a few oz's the other day for the stash. He retired friend grows too much for herself 😉
Ive yet to have any outdoor bud thats been good but thats my location for ya. Pretty sure @TSD Grows the best outdoor weed ive seen in NY lol. And ive only ever seen photos 🤣

TSD

TSD

Ive yet to have any outdoor bud thats been good but thats my location for ya. Pretty sure @TSD Grows the best outdoor weed ive seen in NY lol. And ive only ever seen photos 🤣
Lol... well I'll take that as a compliment... I'd offer to send you some but all my best stuff is long gone lol... gonna be buying again in another month I fear. Hit me up after harvest time. 😁

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Lol... well I'll take that as a compliment... I'd offer to send you some but all my best stuff is long gone lol... gonna be buying again in another month I fear. Hit me up after harvest time. 😁
Im hoping this year i have a better handle on things and can actually grow some decent stuff myself. My outdoor last year was small, trashy, and not finished. Hoping maturity makes a difference this year. Nothing was even showing sex by end of august last year so i think that was my big issue and why everything started flower half way through September.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Im hoping this year i have a better handle on things and can actually grow some decent stuff myself. My outdoor last year was small, trashy, and not finished. Hoping maturity makes a difference this year. Nothing was even showing sex by end of august last year so i think that was my big issue and why everything started flower half way through September.
If you're having a problem finishing look into fast flowering versions. They have some auto flower traits and finish wayy early.

TSD

TSD

When did you start them?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

When did you start them?
Last year i waited til the 1st of may so they were only just out of solo cups when i planted them outside.
This year i started 1 in january cause that was originally all i was going to grow but now ive added 3 more as of the 3rd.

TSD

TSD

Last year i waited til the 1st of may so they were only just out of solo cups when i planted them outside.
This year i started 1 in january cause that was originally all i was going to grow but now ive added 3 more as of the 3rd.
Ahhh, yeah that's a bit late. I usually start in the beginning of March, any earlier and they get too big for my space before they can go out, much later and they don't get very big before flower. It's a bit of a balancing act lol. I'm about to just off my Auto and focus on my outdoor stuff. Pretty sure it's locked out and I really don't have the desire to try to fix that lol... probably should, might learn something.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Ahhh, yeah that's a bit late. I usually start in the beginning of March, any earlier and they get too big for my space before they can go out, much later and they don't get very big before flower. It's a bit of a balancing act lol. I'm about to just off my Auto and focus on my outdoor stuff. Pretty sure it's locked out and I really don't have the desire to try to fix that lol... probably should, might learn something.
Yeah they were definitely late last year but originally i was planning for 20 autos and instead i ran 6 photos, 1 was a male, 1 died, and 3 froze and died so i harvested 1 plant last year that totally sucked. Needed 3 or 4 more weeks but frost was happening almost nightly so i just called it.

This year im way more prepared and ready to fight the fight i gotta fight to hit the finish line.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I am in Michigan I start my mine usually in April indoors and I don't put them out until the lows don't go below 50. That's for my photo period plants. My fast and auto's start in 1gal in May and go out at week 2 to 3. Last year they had frost damage and still finished good. There's a balance I just need to find it.

TSD

TSD

Yeah they were definitely late last year but originally i was planning for 20 autos and instead i ran 6 photos, 1 was a male, 1 died, and 3 froze and died so i harvested 1 plant last year that totally sucked. Needed 3 or 4 more weeks but frost was happening almost nightly so i just called it.

This year im way more prepared and ready to fight the fight i gotta fight to hit the finish line.
Yeah just plan on covering for frost, that's the only way I finish, like pretty much every year, sheer determination to get one over on mother nature lol... my scrog net posts helped with my covering this past year and having them scrogged made it easier to cover in general.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah just plan on covering for frost, that's the only way I finish, like pretty much every year, sheer determination to get one over on mother nature lol... my scrog net posts helped with my covering this past year and having them scrogged made it easier to cover in general.
What do you cover them with? Tarps, blankets, burlap?

This honestly never crossed my mind last year until i had frost damage already so i didnt bother.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah i was going to get some fast versions this year but never got around to it.

Any that you would recommend?
I can't grow out side here, some do but I've never tried their weed. Last year I think we could of had a finish but we usually have cold foggy damp for days on end where moisture doesn't dry off and on large buds is just a disaster waiting to happen......

I can grow outside I just can't count on what I grow to be smokeable. I've had tears from crops I counted on....never again...indoor only...I may play with one outside this year but just for fun to see how big I can get it.........

I've a GG still in a 3/4 gal pot 3 months old still in veg I may stick her outside in 3 more months when the weather picks up if she's still alive....

Latest posts

Top Bottom