My babies isnt growing right

• Thread starter Nateygg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
The problems with Phytoseiulus persimilis is this IMO, once they tend to control the mites, they simply die off, for lack of any food, and if any remaining mites escape, they come back like gangbusters.

The work around is this, providing them some food source, after the apocalypse, ie. pollens. Keeping a pollenated male somewhere is the key to using beneficals, IMO.

These are Perimilis eggs... They lay them in the pollen folds, so the babies have something to chow on, in the interim.
Adult P. persimilis eat from 5-20 prey (eggs or mites) per day, they reproduce more quickly than the spider mites at temperatures above 28°C (82°F), and they feed on all stages of the twospotted spider mite.

Polleneggs
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

If using organic methods going after these guys like spiders and not necessarily just mites maybe a Boudreaux mixture of things that combines killing spiders and mites.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

The problems with Phytoseiulus persimilis is this IMO, once they tend to control the mites, they simply die off, for lack of any food, and if any remaining mites escape, they come back like gangbusters.

The work around is this, providing them some food source, after the apocalypse, ie. pollens. Keeping a pollenated male somewhere is the key to using beneficals, IMO.

These are Perimilis eggs... They lay them in the pollen folds, so the babies have something to chow on, in the interim.
Is there. That can be purchased? I know there moth eggs that you can feed bugs like minute pirates they love'em in fact they breed better when they feast on them

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Is there. That can be purchased? I know there moth eggs that you can feed bugs like minute pirates they love'em in fact they breed better when they feast on them
These are the sellers I've used in the past with good results... They are pricey IMO, but it works. But the key rolling them out in sequence, over time, so you've always got them in there over the long haul, or providing them an alternate food source, once they gain the upper hand....

I would spray the bastards off first, with a shower, or a garden hose, then apply.... They are much faster moving bugs, like way, way faster moving.... look at that video above that I posted... All that video footage was taken by me, off my prior infestation.

Look at all his products, or contact him, he's great to work with, fast service. Always arrives alive.... He might have some mixed (bugs) he can offer at better prices.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
My Ultimate Pest Repellent Recipe:

1. Treat with Plant Therapy.
2. Do a sulfur burn.
3. Add nematodes.
I agree nematodes are worthwhile, I've used them also.

This is how the nematodes come. Little packets, I keep them in the fridge, these have been in there awhile, maybe a year or so. My problem went away, so I just never used all of them. Put them on the plants, and water.

But I'm saying this, the Amblyseius Swirskii and Phytoseiulus persimilis seemed to work the best, IMO. As far as the bugs go, and they replicated far faster (that I could actually see) The persimillis were virtually everywhere at the end of it, they had virtually taken over the garden, once the pollen was introduced.

IMG 20210628 134602111
Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Predetory mites are killer but get them from arbico organics. The ones that my friend purchased lived longer than natures good guys did...ive heard others have issues too...anyways as long as you keepmyour temps and humidity from fluctuating too much they will live for a while and reproduce like a mofo in tje righ conditions..swirkis i think like humidity in the 70's temps like 80's maybe cooler not really sure....

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I agree nematodes are worthwhile, I've used them also.

This is how the nematodes come. Little packets, I keep them in the fridge, these have been in there awhile, maybe a year or so. My problem went away, so I just never used all of them. Put them on the plants, and water.

But I'm saying this, the Amblyseius Swirskii and Phytoseiulus persimilis seemed to work the best, IMO. As far as the bugs go, and they replicated far faster (that I could actually see) The persimillis were virtually everywhere at the end of it, they had virtually taken over the garden, once the pollen was introduced.
Qyick . If outdoor ppants only revieve 6 hours a day of light will they flower?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I've really developed my own formula out of all this craz
Predetory mites are killer but get them from arbico organics. The ones that my friend purchased lived longer than natures good guys did...ive heard others have issues too...anyways as long as you keepmyour temps and humidity from fluctuating too much they will live for a while and reproduce like a mofo in tje righ conditions..swirkis i think like humidity in the 70's temps like 80's maybe cooler not really sure....
I've only dealt with that particular vendor, so I can't honestly say one way or another. I have purchased ladybugs though others though.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think if the genetics are stable enough, you can even thow a tarp or something over a plant for say 24-48 hours and get it to start early. But that's mostly speculation on my part, and will largely depend on the stability of the plants. Avoid some of the late bad weather, and harvest a bit earlier.... It's certainly something to consider.

I've seen some cultivars (zkittles) that have flowered, then sat in 24 hour light and continued along thier merry way, with acceptable end product. It's going to vary tremendously from cultivar to cultivar. I've had others that freak out with anything but strict 12/12 timing.

This thing started flowering at around day 14, thereabouts. I put it in a box to hide it from my landlord during inspection. When it got pulled out, it was stuck back into 24 hour sunlight, but continued to flower. I tried to snap it out, to start back into veg, but it was too late. The flowers were amazing, considering it's treatment.

Zkittles
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mites hate hot temps, wind, high co2 and UV. With UV you need to irridate the underside of the leaves. I have no experience in treating them. Only studies I have read. With many of these treatments it's key to get top and bottom of the leaves but the bottom is crucial.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aquaman heres a good read about enzymes!

Yeah I see my fungi producing many metabolites when contaminated. There are a lots of natural treatments for us to learn from. I know pheromones released by plants attract certain bugs also. And certain plants produce them that repel certain insects.

This is a great discussion guys. This is how debates should be... based on information, experience and results. Good on you all for staying constructive and furthering knowledge.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Mites hate hot temps, wind, high co2 and UV. With UV you need to irridate the underside of the leaves. I have no experience in treating them. Only studies I have read. With many of these treatments it's key to get top and bottom of the leaves but the bottom is crucial.
Ive read that too...but theres conflicting info 9n the hemp russet mite....its even a little different than the tomato russet they say.....yeah co2 will kill them! If you could disinfect in a sealed box filled with co2 and temps 85?! Will kill in 12 hours from what i was reading

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yeah I see my fungi producing many metabolites when contaminated. There are a lots of natural treatments for us to learn from. I know pheromones released by plants attract certain bugs also. And certain plants produce them that repel certain insects.

This is a great discussion guys. This is how debates should be... based on information, experience and results. Good on you all for staying constructive and furthering knowledge.
Jasmonate is a signaling chem that tells other plants to get ready somethings coming...i want to thats more viruses, bacterias, molds, fungis, etc

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I will add that silica is a huge benefit to the defense of bugs and molds. It thickens the leaves and stem. Making them tough for insects to feed on and mold or bacteria to penetrate.

I'm a big believer in prevention over treatment t and so far it's worked for me. Not that that helps the OP immediate but hopefully in the future.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
@Aquaman heres a good read about enzymes!

Enzymatic activity is no doubt useful in insect control. I think the main principles involve either digesting the integument (exoskeleton, eggs) as stated in the article, or by simply blocking digestion of plant materials, keeping the bugs from digesting the plant, then simply dying from starvation. That's the basics behind these types of approaches.

That's exactly what I've tried to do with my formula I'm currently using also.... Digest the integlument and block digestion.

I really need to get my product on the market so it's actually in people's hands and they can evaluate if for themselves. It works, it's extremely effective, and it's also a bio stimulant. It helps on multiple fronts, and bugs are simply one of them. I'm pretty much past the testing stages, and I've balanced the formula to the point were it won't burn/injure the plant. Sure would be nice to have an good infestation to try it on....

Maybe I should send you some for evaluation. These russet/broad mites are some of the toughest customers. There worse than all the others combined, IMO. Where are you located?

Top Bottom