My journey to the MPB Universe!

• Thread starter easypleasie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

easypleasie

Boss, TF, thanks bros!

Stoppers were put in at the start of week 2. Bottom feed was turned on and that's when they came alive! It's been running rdwc for a week now. I had long stringy roots at the end of the first week...the air stones definitely kept them from coming out last run.

I cut the original reflector that comes with the cool tubes down to about 3 inches wide. My minisplit is right behind the bulb so I didn't want the light shining directly on it. I didn't want it to throw off any sensors. I was gonna do the same with the other tubes but decided to do a run without them first. I think a run with the cut down reflectors could be interesting for the center plant LOL!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

If the Hubble had a grow room

Jesus Easy...that's got to be one of the sexiest rooms I've ever seen. Super space age....peoples choice award nomination is officially submitted by one..UCMENOW....seriously though, RESPECT.

L

Lost

I have a request...

The MPB tables are white.. 2 rolls of silver tape will fix that! :rock:rock

E

easypleasie

LOL UCMENOW! Sexy space lounge :)

You crack me up, Lost! I might do one just for you buddy! But if I start one...lol let me finish the co2 and fans first :)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I cut the original reflector that comes with the cool tubes down to about 3 inches wide. My minisplit is right behind the bulb so I didn't want the light shining directly on it. I didn't want it to throw off any sensors.

Hmmmm, I never thought about intense lighting throwing off some sensor in the AC.
I know that florescent lights and plasma tv's throw off infra red receivers.
Have you heard about this happening before with an AC?

E

easypleasie

No idea if it causes any problems...i'm just guessing it does with the features on my minisplit. It has some intelligent sensing thing so I figured it might be a good idea to keep direct light from shining on it, possibly heating the sensor and throwing things off a little. Manual says not to place inside unit near a heat source. Just trying to play it on the safer side.

L

Lost

EP - are you sure your not my long lost more together brother? I did the same thing with my cool tubes but I need 3 more for my new room. You are an inspiration, keep up the good work!

P.S. - I think you would be at home in Garden Of Dreams new room, :) Suuuper clean! Did you see his DLC 15000? Holy fuck I gotta get one!!!!

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
:confused0059: that setup looks amazing..i stared at it for a good minute before moving on...its going o be one hell of a show,sooo clean!!

Papa

Papa

Supporter
ep - i'm diggin' your room. it only gets better.

what size cool tubes are those, 6 or 8? and i see that you have all four in series . . . if i remember right, they're 1k. how much cfm are you running to cool those??

Papa

E

easypleasie

Thanks everyone! I'm digging the space lounge name :)

Papa, 4 1ks and using 6" cooltubes with a 8" can-fan max (675 cfm) pushing air through and a 6" fan (430 cfm) pulling out. Very similar to what dizzle has in his cool tube room. If one goes out, there's a back up :)

E

easypleasie

We have lights!

A couple pics of the room with the lights on! Damn it's bright in there! I need to invest in a good pair of shades for the lounge.

Temps are stable with the lights on. Will be easier to maintain once there are girls to soak up some of the heat. Mini-res' are the same temp as the main res...stays between 65-67. Chiller runs for 20 minutes and stays off for 20 minutes...sometimes longer.

Using 2 light controllers...they're set to alternate the lights 2k at a time for 3 hours at a time. It's still really bright with just two lights on. Hopefully this will help reduce the lumen shock thingy. Girls should be going in tomorrow or the day after. Still need to get the co2 in there. Veg girls need to move quick as they're starting to overgrow the veg setup already!

DSC2041
 DSC2043
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Damn easy,
I wear welder goggles for my room. 40$ and no more headaches.
I had to put them on just to look at your pics.LOL

E

easypleasie

lol Boss! That was a good one! I wanna get some cool futuristic looking ones to match the room :) Found out real quick that regular sunglasses don't work so well. Still a little too bright for my sensitive eyes. Welding glasses seem like the ticket!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Easy,
lookin sweet as usual. Glad to see things getting fired up!
I believe you on those welding goggles. Putting that on the list.
Is that fan on the ground for circulation?

E

easypleasie

I was planning on mounting those directional floor fans near the ceiling to blow air across the top of the room and towards the minisplit. There are two round fans directly below the minisplit that blow air across the bottom of the room in the opposite direction. Two more directional fans blowing up along the sides. Trying to find the best placement for good air circulation.

Anyone know if too much air movement is bad? I don't want to stress the girls out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom