My journey to the MPB Universe!

• Thread starter easypleasie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yayarea

hey easy what size top feed pump are you using? my first mpb run I was using the 10inch mesh on the bottom inch or so of the pot and had the same draining problem. Now that im on my second run I now understand why DD uses the 6inch rockwool and does not fill the bucket up all the way with hydroton. I switched to the 10 litre bucket added hydroton to the water level in the mini res and than 1.5 inches on top of that sat the 6inch rockwool on top of that and now no flow problem at all, I even hooked my 1200gph pump back up and the flow is fine. Those pots full of hydroton and roots are the problem, I think getting the roots into the mini res as fast as possible instead of in a pot full of hydroton is better imo. what do you think? My first run I went cheap with the home depot tubs and less labor on getting mesh pots instead of the buckets DD uses and drilling the holes but later found out the hard way, the hd tubs require a lot of gallons and the mesh full of hydroton dont drain well. From now on Im going to try and minic DD to the T cause his system is truly tested and I was just experimenting with a FELONY, not cool.
Enough of the rambling your shit rocks, I just waiting to see if someone will hit the a least the 2per plant mark your looking up to it. Peace

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well, sorry bout your cloggage problems. That sounds like some precision watering on the top feed.
Carry on fine sir.
Oh, and thanks for the pics again.

Y

yayarea

quick question easy, what is the recommended temperature in the mini res? my chiller is reading a constant 66 but its probably 2 to 3 degrees warmer in the mini res.

E

easypleasie

yayarea, originally I was using a 1200 gph but switched out to a 700 gph after the first time it flooded. It's on a bypass almost fully open so not much solution is getting fed through the top feed. I've had to close the valve to each drip ring more each day till the point there's barely anything dripping out.

Lots of roots and hydroton in the netpots for sure. I don't know if it's good to have a lot of roots in there or not. You'd think it would be good for better plant support. I wanna use something with a wider base. More room for roots to come out and less chance of floods. I'll probably put holes all up the sides, too.

As far as mini-res temps...i'd think you'd want to keep your solution under 68-69 degrees whether it's in the main res or in your mini-res. My temps are the same in both (66-67 degrees) and i'm pretty sure much of that has to do with the high volume exchanged through smaller bins and the use of reflectix. Just get ya a digital fish thermometer, the kind with a wire to place in the water and has a nice big display. You can see at a glance what your mini-res temps are.

L

Loudblunts

ha!! stoned!! i said telescope..meant telescopic but same stoner move ha... thanks for clarifying

Y

YoungDro

drippp

dds says that its important to run the top feed (700GPH) for the first 2 weeks to get roots to break thru, and for flush, you can keep them OFF in between...he just keeps em on....i did what you did with the holes 2 inches on the side of the bucket towards the bottom of the 2 gal bucket (up to the nute line) this is just a 1 site mpb experiment will be doing a 10 site soon...

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
damn easy when i get some time i want to run through the whole thread..was following for awhile,but haven't been able to read it in its entirety since like page 20 or so..need to catch up b/c i see tons of info that will be helping me immensely..keep it up bro those look killer for day 15!!!

:passingjoint:Burn

M

mrdizzle

dds says that its important to run the top feed (700GPH) for the first 2 weeks to get roots to break thru, and for flush, you can keep them OFF in between...he just keeps em on....i did what you did with the holes 2 inches on the side of the bucket towards the bottom of the 2 gal bucket (up to the nute line) this is just a 1 site mpb experiment will be doing a 10 site soon...

I would not turn off that top feed unless you plant on keeping it off forever. The roots will die, then rot if you start feeding them again.

hey Easy, I wanted to tell you I change my rec for buckets to the 10in netpots lid, with the slots all the way up the side. The roots system I just harvested were amazing. and its much less stones to clean.

E

easypleasie

Yeah, I don't like the idea of turning the top feed off completely...especially after reading your post, bro. I have the top feed on for a minute every 10 minutes now. Didn't want anything to dry out and cause problems.

I might use the netpots again...if I do, I have to drill out holes all the way through. I was gonna use the all mesh netpots but they sit too high up in my bins. The drains were originally made for deep sitting netpots. Dizzle, did you take any shots of your roots?

M

mrdizzle

you know I wanted to but I was alone cleaning today and I couple hold the plant up and take a pic at the same time.

right on, I would use the 3 gal buckets then, just drill as many holes as you can, up the sides a couple inch too

Y

YoungDro

yeah I intentionally was just going to follow dds and just leave them on because I figure if i do exactly as he says i will be better off. if i ask him for advice and did somethin different he would just say well i cant help you because you tried to change things on your own..
Dial in this system first the way he did, even the strain and nutrient schedule...then when u got money and exp...do what u wish

E

easypleasie

21 days flower

Just a couple pics this week. Playing around with my camera settings and got some interesting effects.

Girls are massive :)

DSC2416
 DSC2425
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Massive indeed! :rauch08:

It must be blinding bright in there!

M

mrdizzle

looks great bro, that plant is a beast I hope the smoke is bomb

now all you have to do is move all those plants 40in closer together and you'll be jamming

E

easypleasie

lol dizzle! I'd have to switch to hoods :) You can't tell from the pics cause of the fisheye distortion, but the bulbs are actually a foot or less away from the plants now. And they haven't started leaning from bud weight yet...it's gonna get a little cramped here soon.

M

mrdizzle

haha I know they are brother, they will be kissing the glass soon enough. That green roll of twist tie shit works great, I tie the big branches to the cage

E

easypleasie

I thought you saw my twist tie roll in the photos lol. I just got a roll with the built on cutter. Talk about making things easy for ya. That's all i've been doing the whole grow so far is tying branches, tucking leaves and pulling roots out the drains. Didn't check for a few days and pulled out a 2ft section today. My bigger drains definitely make it easier for the roots to find there way out...especially with the raging rapids in the bins :)

Top Bottom