My small indoor grow.

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Lost track of the hours I have on my 600 hps so I ordered a new one.It was a difficult decision and I hope I chose right.It was cheap at $54 so I really can't go too wrong but hey,50 bucks is 50 bucks.
I chose the Ushio US5001670 Enhanced Performance HPS Lamp, 600-watt, Opti Red. Hopefully it will live up to the reviews. . :)
Ushio for the win. They retail around 60 so good snag

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The great thing about the Garden you have is this...

Its YOURS, and its a great room
the Lulu's be looking sweet and the Green Crack SWEET!
IMHO your light is a good one from the few things I have seen, and
I am always changing up mine looking for the sweet spot happy light highs
But its all good I will be lookin to see how they like it DD..

Like dogsnova says, full spectrum ? why not add a bulb here or there lil CFL or a supplemental LED
who knows as long as your smiling when ya open the gate to the dank you grow I say your is JUST RIGHT.
Peace and super Lulu Vibes
FlyJ

DismalDude

DismalDude

The great thing about the Garden you have is this...

Its YOURS, and its a great room
the Lulu's be looking sweet and the Green Crack SWEET!
IMHO your light is a good one from the few things I have seen, and
I am always changing up mine looking for the sweet spot happy light highs
But its all good I will be lookin to see how they like it DD..

Like dogsnova says, full spectrum ? why not add a bulb here or there lil CFL or a supplemental LED
who knows as long as your smiling when ya open the gate to the dank you grow I say your is JUST RIGHT.
Peace and super Lulu Vibes
FlyJ
I just love the way you think brother.I need to strive more to achieve the happiness you have with your garden.
I do try and then I tend to let life get in the way... Maybe that's a resolution I will try this year.More Zen.I seem to be losing my peace as of late.
Rock on brother FlyJ. ;)

DismalDude

DismalDude

@DismalDude whats the lineage of the lulu? good invest on the ushio. stoked for you bro.
Lulu comes from Northern Alliance Genetics,NAG for short.It is a clone only Green Crack bred with a Mikado.I don't know a whole lot about it as it was a gift from an awesome guy but I'm told that it is the real deal of dankness.Looking at FlyJ's I can see why.The GC on it's own is wicked and though I've never tried the Mikado I hear it's very nice as well. :)

DismalDude

DismalDude

Got to meet a fellow farmer in person today.Was really nice to meet someone I had been chit chatting with on the farm.
Came home with a nice goodie bag of some new genetics which was very cool.I hope he enjoyed my little care package as well!
Will have to do that again sometime!Next time though it's going to be getting lines wet. ;) Thanks very much and I won't name names unless you're cool with it but you know who you are. :)
I'm going to finish this hempy run but after that I will be going back to soil.I scored a connection with a friend that makes a compost super soil that I'm going to get going next run.
I know the hempy's rock but I am learning quickly that my style is soil.Hope everyone's holidays were safe and enjoyable.Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the strains I picked up were Tropicoma,Dreamy OG,Kushberry,and some others.
All regs so hoping for 1 girl from each!

Last edited:
DismalDude

DismalDude

Ok,I do not like hempy buckets.I know they work but just not my thing.Lulu was having all kinds of issues so I transplanted into soil.
The four GC in hempy are doing ok but my soil plants are much better and bigger.I will be transplanting them as well and will be done with hempy.
Just not my thing so I am doing away with it for good.I'll post pics in a couple days.Hopefully I will recoup this grow...

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Ok,I do not like hempy buckets.I know they work but just not my thing.Lulu was having all kinds of issues so I transplanted into soil.
The four GC in hempy are doing ok but my soil plants are much better and bigger.I will be transplanting them as well and will be done with hempy.
Just not my thing so I am doing away with it for good.I'll post pics in a couple days.Hopefully I will recoup this grow...
I hear ya brother. I like the results, but I miss my soil KISS style of growing. All I been doing is mixing nutes, ph down, measure ph, and water. Some on 25% strength, some 50%, and some on 100%. Probably right behind ya DD.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Yeah man,it's just a bit much for me and I'm gone quite a bit overnight.I need the forgiveness of my soil and I just enjoy it more.With the hempy method I just feel a bit out of control.
I know it's a great method but I just ain't feelin it. ;) Much respect to those that do it! ;)

DismalDude

DismalDude

Ok,after some more thinking I've decided to just run the 4 one gal. GC hempy buckets out.Either I'll get them dialed in or not.I have those four along with a Lulu now in soil and looking better and one big bang in soil and one GC in soil.As you may have determined I'm a bit frustrated but I'll get through it and whatever yield is what I'll get.Thanks for the support.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Ok,after some more thinking I've decided to just run the 4 one gal. GC hempy buckets out.Either I'll get them dialed in or not.I have those four along with a Lulu now in soil and looking better and one big bang in soil and one GC in soil.As you may have determined I'm a bit frustrated but I'll get through it and whatever yield is what I'll get.Thanks for the support.
Why not put coco in the hempies?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

They already had a small soil base.Trust me man,I know it's me.Hempy just isn't my style.Live and learn,I'm just not the guy to run them.
If I ever contemplate hydro of any kind again it will be DWC.
Hempy work best when you start at 0 and add all the nutrients into the medium that's prolly why the soil was too hot maybe. I feel yah. I run hempy bags with a coco mix it slays. To each as own though

Latest posts

Top Bottom