• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XxHammer

XxHammer

Remember to get the moisture probe?

Sure did.
20210418 192403

That is actually the reason I did not water them today. I originally planned to water them tonight, but the meter was still reading between "Wet" and high end of "Moist," so I am going to hold off and do another heavy water in the morning if they are ready by then and if not after work for sure. By then it will be 48+ hrs

The ladies seem very happy right now though

XxHammer

XxHammer

Well I had originally planned to wait and water them tonight after work, which would have been about 50hrs from its first full saturation but when I looked in this morning, there were not any squirrels, BUT, the leaves were starting to drop on each plant, not much but daddy recognizes a perky set and they were not perky this morning. So anyways, I hit them with a nice full saturation this morning.

This moisture meter is MEH.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Well I had originally planned to wait and water them tonight after work, which would have been about 50hrs from its first full saturation but when I looked in this morning, there were not any squirrels, BUT, the leaves were starting to drop on each plant, not much but daddy recognizes a perky set and they were not perky this morning. So anyways, I hit them with a nice full saturation this morning.

Yeah I purchased that same meter when I switched from hydro, used it once and trashed it.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter

I literally found a brand new moisture meter but I didn’t trust mine either! I did however use a digital scale to see what the dry weight is compared to the wet weight after saturating combined with lifting the pots everyday. Looks like you got about 4 nodes are you gonna LST/Top pretty soon or what’s your strategy? My ladies are looking much better ever since I got them under my new kingbrite 240 watt quantum board.

B94BD36E B047 4127 82ED 2B8A0ED4EACD
XxHammer

XxHammer

Yeah these things dont seem super accurate or reliable. But I am sure certain brands or models are better than others.

I am going to do some LST, at least that is the plan, and I want to start that in the next day or two. I was really just waiting for the ladies to get a firm rooting into their new pots before I went bending them. And the stems are starting to get thicker and stronger as well.

Your young ladies are looking nice as well sir, I am guessing you are getting close to transplanting?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yeah these things dont seem super accurate or reliable. But I am sure certain brands or models are better than others.

I am going to do some LST, at least that is the plan, and I want to start that in the next day or two. I was really just waiting for the ladies to get a firm rooting into their new pots before I went bending them. And the stems are starting to get thicker and stronger as well.

Your young ladies are looking nice as well sir, I am guessing you are getting close to transplanting?
Not yet I’m in 32 oz pots and two of them are clear so I slid another pot over so I don’t have to worry about algae growing but it’s really helped with seeing where the roots are in the growing medium. So I’m gonna wait till the roots fill out the rest of the sides and bottom before transplanting. You decided on 3.5 gallon I believe? I didn’t know they had half sizes I think I’m going to do the same as long as I can get fabric pots.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Yeah, I got lucky with this weird sized pots. Just happen to be the size Lowe's had. 3.6/gal but it is a nice size.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Day20aVeg3
Day20
D20a
Day20b

Day 20,

How my ladies looking? Time to start LST, right?

I planned on giving them another day or two to get just a little taller and stronger and then start LST with bending them down and towards the outside of the pot.

They are only about 5'' tall.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I think it is producing it's 4th set now, at least it's 4th set of fan leaves. I need to learn more about cannabis plant anatomy. I dont know exactly what a "node" is.

But yes, as I said a couple posts back. I am going to start LST any day now. Just waiting for the plants to get a bit stronger in their new pots before I go bending them. Let them get rooted a bit.

The "Plan," is to water them tomorrow night after work and then start LST. But it will depend on how the ladies look. Might need to give them another day or so.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Thank you sir.

That makes much sense.

If you were to Top instead, when would YOU top? after the 4th or 5th node?

For a first time grower, what is easier on the plant? Tying or Topping?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thank you sir.

That makes much sense.

If you were to Top instead, when would YOU top? after the 4th or 5th node?

For a first time grower, what is easier on the plant? Tying or Topping?
Topping is more stressful on the plant than LST. Topping is “HST” or High Stress Training...

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i think the easy thing to do would be to fim it, wait a little bit, fim those (that gives you 4 "main" cola) then you can bend stuff around.

fimming is just pinching the very tiny bit of new growth. you can do this now

Top Bottom