• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

I do the exact same thing.
I will try it sometime with some of my own seed that I have a lot of stock of
But new things scare me with limited supply. Lol

Yea i find myself almost always helping seeds along out of there shells onces the tap root is anchored a bit. Ive definetly killed my share of seeds trying to pluck the shell off to help it out, but id like to think that ive saved way more by "helping" them out
Hahaha

Yeah sometimes i have to give my seeds a hand to get theyr helmets off . I also crack open beans that dont pop on theyr own . It would surprise you how many start growing once theyv been cracked. good luck with your other 25 shamus . I hope they all burst out like 25 wee jack in the box,s

They did indeed burst out like wee jack in the boxes.. So far it looks like the majority of them have some good tail action going :)

So this preservation project is at full speed ahead :)

Feelin Christmassy

@N8tive Farmer

Shamus

Shamus

Good stuff shamus . preserving good genetics is a "noble pursuit". lol.

Especially when it looks like this :)

Keep in mind I already took like half the leaves off this little bush

Calixylon

Calixylon

That little bush looks awesome, straight lime green, with a very cool leaf structure. Definetly looks old school, has a strange almost indica leaf style with nice space between the leaf blades. Can't wAit to see it flower and I it has those bid sativa donkey dicks that skunk puts out. Good luck keep us posted

Shamus

Shamus

sweet grow im going to pull up a chair
shes getin there

That little bush looks awesome, straight lime green, with a very cool leaf structure. Definetly looks old school, has a strange almost indica leaf style with nice space between the leaf blades. Can't wAit to see it flower and I it has those bid sativa donkey dicks that skunk puts out. Good luck keep us posted

full plant shot
Xmas

seeded

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

try gibberlic acid at 250 ppm in water soak 4-6 hrs it should help bring the germ rate way up
if u get the gibberlic get the 20% stuff make sure its water soluble .
the higher % gibber acid like 90% is not water soluble
i hope to see u get some of that old xmas funk i used to see/get in 55 gal drums in the 90's
good luck shamus

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Diggin the Charlie Brown esque christmas tunes in the middle of 80 degree weather here lol, I feel like some hot cocoa and some nice old school piney skunk is in order mmm......

Power OG

Power OG

Diggin the Charlie Brown esque christmas tunes in the middle of 80 degree weather here lol, I feel like some hot cocoa and some nice old school piney skunk is in order mmm......
You must be in the south @SpitXFire

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

try gibberlic acid at 250 ppm in water soak 4-6 hrs it should help bring the germ rate way up
i hope to see u get some of that old xmas funk i used to see/get in 55 gal drums in the 90's
good luck shamus

The 90% ga3 is easily made soluable by adding a few drops iso to it, this solution must be added to the water and not vise versa as it may re crystalize. 110mg is 50ppm @2200ml and you cut water or add another 110mg(measure spoon included)to up to 100ppm and so on. At that ratio the iso will be no harm to the seeds.

Shamus

Shamus

good luck shamus
Good to know! however i already popped the next 25 and i got ~19, they may have been too fresh? they also had some of the thickest shells I've seen.. they all needed to be manually cracked.. which i didn't do the first time..
lol ik right! them soothing tones have a comforting vibe about them
i got both! lol if your ever up north east get at me. :P

The 90% ga3 is easily made soluable by adding a few drops iso to it, this solution must be added to the water and not vise versa as it may re crystalize. 110mg is 50ppm @2200ml and you cut water or add another 110mg(measure spoon included)to up to 100ppm and so on. At that ratio the iso will be no harm to the seeds.
also good to know.. thank you for the specific ratios

You must be in the south @SpitXFire
Yessir, Florida boy here, I take you are a southerner as well, knowing the weather so intimately friend haha
Absolutely I'm a bayou boy, La.:)
I'm finally not envious of you southern boys.. weather is B E A utiful right now

ill have some pics later.. finally started busting out my GF's fancy Nikon

the smells have ranged from Ginger/Pine/Death to now coming out more Pine/Ginger/Roadkill.. first being most prevalent etc.

nugs are incredibly dense and coming out very OG-ish as far as structure.. like if OG didn't stretch at all..

really excited to work this line and flower the next 19 of them.. do select and open pollinations for the homies.
can't wait to see what it does in Hybrids.. right now i have about 50-70 seeds swelling up
#3.14 Xmas Bud x ((86' Skunk 1 x Yeti F3 #37) #6)
should be cool.. the seeds are gonna be huge.. xmas could definitely use a boost in veg vigor

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

@Shamus I'll make sure to keep it in mind, I deserve a vacation here in a bit and Christmas tunes, a cool breeze, and some skunk sounds like my type of vacay ;)

@Power OG Nice bro! I got hella family all over in LA, Baton rouge, Lafayette, Metairie, shit all sorts of other certified coon asses in pockets all over the bayou... Was plannin makin a trip for crawfish season, but got a bit behind on work.. Next year for sure though, maybe we can link up... have a proper boil and blow down... last time I was in the bayous had some killer swamp haze from my cousin, would love to see what the rest of LA has to offer lol

kds710

kds710

Christmas tree bud we called it, and it was only around it seemed like fall time through winter and I havnt seen it in almost 10 years now. Literally smelled like crushed fresh pine needles and when you broke it open it had the most exotic piney dank odor x10 Damn I'd love to see that cut, whatever it was, come back around here. Super sticky chronic. This thread got me thinkin of the good days haha thks shamus I hope your Xmas bud project is a success

Last edited:
N8tive Farmer

N8tive Farmer

"this preservation project is at full speed ahead :)"

Awesome awesome job brother shamus , looks like all the plants are in great hands and will come out just fine to spectacular !!!! Am very happy that your growin these and others out and will turn into a grade AAA project at end brother...n8tive:):p:D

Power OG

Power OG

@Shamus I'll make sure to keep it in mind, I deserve a vacation here in a bit and Christmas tunes, a cool breeze, and some skunk sounds like my type of vacay ;)

@Power OG Nice bro! I got hella family all over in LA, Baton rouge, Lafayette, Metairie, shit all sorts of other certified coon asses in pockets all over the bayou... Was plannin makin a trip for crawfish season, but got a bit behind on work.. Next year for sure though, maybe we can link up... have a proper boil and blow down... last time I was in the bayous had some killer swamp haze from my cousin, would love to see what the rest of LA has to offer lol
Anytime bro, I'd be happy sesh it down, eat some crawfish.
Positive Vibes

Shamus

Shamus

Christmas tree bud we called it, and it was only around it seemed like fall time through winter and I havnt seen it in almost 10 years now. Literally smelled like crushed fresh pine needles and when you broke it open it had the most exotic piney dank odor x10 Damn I'd love to see that cut, whatever it was, come back around here. Super sticky chronic. This thread got me thinkin of the good days haha thks shamus I hope your Xmas bud project is a success
thanks for the good luck man!

"this preservation project is at full speed ahead :)"

Awesome awesome job brother shamus , looks like all the plants are in great hands and will come out just fine to spectacular !!!! Am very happy that your growin these and others out and will turn into a grade AAA project at end brother...n8tive:):p:D

:) :)
I'm incredibly excited man, the XMAS bud in flower right now is doing awesome and not one sign of intersex traits..

the GF says it smells like
Gasoline/Stale cigarettes/feet

its really turning into an incredible plant and I'm very very excited about running the rest of these out

Shamus

Shamus

Ok so was just picking the seeds out of the XMAS bud from the roach bud male, and my fingers literally smell like burnt DMT.. idk if all of you are familiar with that smell but those who are should definitely know what I'm talking about.
It's crazy pungent.. I have a sour stomach now from dealing with all that.
Shit is in tents

Top Bottom