Nectar for the gods???

• Thread starter Snicklefritz88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

When would I start doing the nectar ripening process on the plant i grew with fox farm if this would be beneficial for it?

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

The bud on the nectar plant is rock hard. The fox farm plant did well also but bud is a little more spongey. IMO the nftg plant way out performed the ff plant which is also like 9 days older.

B

buhdda

i bought a ph meter a meter to distance the lights, I gotten a few friends I picked up while growing, there's an old guy I met when I started we get a long quite famously. just got talking to him myself he's on a contest of something in Amsterdam my wife was trying to figure out, he told her that he's in Amsterdam for a contest with cannabis, won't be back till next month, this guy gotten me into photos but out growing indoor tents , I'm getting bud burns which should have been pinched to make it bushier, I told you kids once before & I'LL DO IT AGAIN IT'S KINDERGARTEN WORK, my very 1st grow with a tent , I grew em in the 90s just b/sing with them , now they are flowering without the aggravation of the hatred of trolls which I ran into but I put them on ignore.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

So I have a couple guys that are well experienced with nectar recommend letting it go all the way to week 9,10, or 11 even though it's an 8 week strain. For better oils and density. What's your guys' take on that. Imo I just feel like the trichomes don't lie. But do new trichomes keep appearing once I'm getting Amber's. I'm going for full potency. I'd like every single trich to be cloudy LOL. Some people say go back to metal halide at the end. I have some blue miracle led or I can supplement with a 400 watt metal halide I have in the closet and just hang in up high . Idk is this all bro science. I was even thinking of switching the plants and putting the nectar plant under the hps and the ff plant under the led. Would any of this be beneficial I know this is a loaded question?

Last edited:
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I dont know enough about the lights to comment on that. I thought the blue was more for veg. I let my plants go till avout 50 cloudy and 50 amber. If i harvest earliercthe weed feels racey. The length of time on the seed pack os normal more based on hydro or cocco growth. Your ff weed may harden up with the netcar ripening. It will soak up all rhat calcium as it finishes.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I dont know enough about the lights to comment on that. I thought the blue was more for veg. I let my plants go till avout 50 cloudy and 50 amber. If i harvest earliercthe weed feels racey. The length of time on the seed pack os normal more based on hydro or cocco growth. Your ff weed may harden up with the netcar ripening. It will soak up all rhat calcium as it finishes.
Ahhhh!!! Ok makes sense. Hydro grows alot quicker. With nectar were pretty much organic. May take the max 9 weeks

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I know a lot of plants mature differently. Some ripen from the bottom up, some from the top down, some from the outer branches, and some from the middle. Also too much heat and light can Damage the trichomes, saw that first hand last grow and caught it. Alot of factors going into when it's ripe. I'm into photography a little. My camera needs a new lens but I'm gonna be doing alot of bud and trichome photography. My camera will take amazing trichome pics gotta get a lens. Anybody else into the sky like I am?
Received 319756050084456

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

With my flushes now should I use the same base water or distilled

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

same water, ph to 6.5-6.8,
So while ripening I'll use Aphrodite's and Herc all the way through. Also was gonna use tritons at first also then drop it. One thing I don't have Info on is if circes fits into ripening.

fishbuds

fishbuds

So while ripening I'll use Aphrodite's and Herc all the way through. Also was gonna use tritons at first also then drop it. One thing I don't have Info on is if circes fits into ripening.
AE, HH, TT, yes, skip the circes if you are not sure. I would say, why add more P late, you already maxing out P with TT and HH? probably not needed. I'd be more concerned with volume of h2o used. i sometimes have problems getting a fade on well fed nectar plants.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

AE, HH, TT, yes, skip the circes if you are not sure. I would say, why add more P late, you already maxing out P with TT and HH? probably not needed. I'd be more concerned with volume of h2o used. i sometimes have problems getting a fade on well fed nectar plants.
Ya the nectar plant is 100% green still.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I'm really still trying to grasp how to do this ripening flush the right way. I wanna drive the calcium and phosphorus up into the colas for size and density but at the same time knocking the ppms down into the soil so I get that colorful fade and desired terpenes all the while still shooting for potency above all. This is how you really learn to grow and I'm glad I jumped head in as a beginner because I'm starting to.learn what really does what. Still need some guidance to get me through to the end with the best results I can get.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

So it says it's a 8 week strain and today is day 47.
I've been watering every other day. Keeping Temps in low to mid 70s and 20-30% Rh. Today's Saturday My first ripening flush I did on thursday with
3 TBL Herc
2 TBL Aphrodite's
1 TBL Tritons
2 tsp slf 100
I also did a last application of Bloom khaos, hygeia, Nourish L, and mammoth P.

I need to water today any suggestions? Id would love to hear what you guys do. Thanks

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I would do 2 TBL HERC and AE, 1 TBL TT and 1 tsp slf. Then 1 TBL of Herc and AE till done. You should see fade. My feeds are 3-5 days apart by the time i am ripening. I also some times raise my light and dim just slightly. If you can bring down temp and humidity during ripening it will help with fade and frost

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Nice. Good info. I'm in 5 gallon fabric pots. I usually water with 1 to 1.5 gallons and get a little runoff. Takes forever to drain. I think because of herc plus root mass. So you're saying that while you're ripening you use the same volume of water as usual ok I get that. Now you say that you're watering 3 to 5 days apart, do u do that intentionally to let the soil dry out extra, or is that normally how many days in-between waterings for you.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I would do 2 TBL HERC and AE, 1 TBL TT and 1 tsp slf. Then 1 TBL of Herc and AE till done. You should see fade. My feeds are 3-5 days apart by the time i am ripening. I also some times raise my light and dim just slightly. If you can bring down temp and humidity during ripening it will help with fade and frost
Yeah I got my windows open in the winter with fans blowing with an inline fan and a carbon filter and another exhaust fan so I can keep the temperature low and the open Windows have a lot of CO2 coming in. I gave up on my humidifiers a while ago. Even if I watered both plants at the same time and had both humidifiers running at full blast I couldn't get my RH above 30 going through tons of distilled water LOL I said f*** it I'm down to like 18% RH right now.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I have a few of the nectar for the gods autoflowering schedules now. It's my first Autoflower I'm excited to get into them. I think I'm going to really like this strain.
ZKITTLES AUTOFLOWER!!!! I have a whole nother series of questions about those LOL. Mainly just one. Top or not to top? Obviously when it gets bigger. The Autoflower schedules I received say to start feeding really lightly pretty early like around when the third set of leaves pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom