Need Help with Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter Islander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

I had a lil idea about 5 mins ago, I have a week left of flower and bad PM on the inside of my trees, I have been spraying everyday but I cant seem to hit the right spots without getting the buds wet.

SO i grabbed a little rubbing alcohol and put it into a spray bottle and sprayed a few spots and am going to check on it in a bit, my theory is rubbing alcohol is only 30% water, so even if the bud gets a lil wet it wont rot because its not really water

its a trick used in baking to make a flaky crust, you add vodka instead of water because vodka doesnt make gluten

the only reason I am coming to this is because I am 1 week out, I would never spray my plants with rubbing alcohol but im pulling out all the stopps here

nkkhills

nkkhills

Venom818, how do you apply the Banner Maxx and Quantum Light combo. Thanks.

M

mc_lazy_is

Green cure is bomb to set it back 14 days but after that it will come back but i do use it in flower i bought it before i found out about the banner max quantum growth combo this shit killed that pm 100% havent seen any pm since.Thank you KEYPLAY

So i just ordered some Quantum Growth Light and banner max. Which one of these are systemic? or are they both used as a foliar spray? do i mix them together? i just wanna know how to apply this so when i get it i can tend to my plants right away

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
nope not if u get banner max and quantum growth I for one cannot trow away these rare elite cuts i had to look for a solution that worked.

Thanks so much. I was hoping it was possible. I am sure the cut i want has it. I may never get it but at least i'll know I can get rid the pm if I do.

How long has it been since you treated them ?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Sulphur burner worked well for me , very well

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Does the Sulphur burner get rid of it completely or is it a method of control?

fred

Venom818

Venom818

this info is from keyplay

Banner Maxx is a excellent source for prevention and irradication:

Do a run off in your 2nd or 3rd week in flower using 1/2 tsp per gallon. This will kill the bad pathogens in your plant and you will not have any problems throughout the rest of your cycle. Use protective gear!.

Try Quantum Growth for excellent results:

I mix 15 ml of Quantum Growth with the Banner Maxx and a drop of dishwashing detergent. Killer results! Microorganisms to the rescue as a back up.

I hear you on that , bro! Powdery Mildew is a poison that can make you real sick on contact when ingesting!
My goal is to break the mold down so it doesn't spread itself to cuttings and seeds. A "Con Ag" or "professional gardening" product will not do that by itself. Nor will any other product that still remains safe to your existing soil and plant microorganisms without destroying them. But teamed with the Quantum Growth , all harmful pathogens and molds are defeated
completely, and broken down and back into the food chain.
I am relying on the Quantum Growth to clean the foreign (fungicide) up for me which it will. Its a fascinating read and study on this. But the bottom line is, QG is realized by the few of us who are working with it as being a significant and important tool where ever and whenever its applied. The product is being used in chemical spills where the environment is at risk. Science Daily had an article where these purple photosynthetic microorganisms were being put in marine paint applications to protect from algae and such. I have not done a mechanical test on my finished
product which I vape and smoke consistently, but I can tell you the taste and effect are as pure and natural as you will ever experience. There are a few other "natural" items I use to protect against toxins, because you can imagine the shit I put in my lungs smoking in the 1970s. Because of my reckless living and penchant for any kind of pot, I've developed serious allergies through the years. If I ingest any product with powdery mildew, any mold, unflushed cure, and/or pesticides these allergies get set off and have me feeling like a have the flu.
You do what you have to do when an issue like PM raises its ugly head, but taking serious precautions with a potential healh hazard makes me rest at night if I caught it early in the game.

Venom818

Venom818

Venom818, how do you apply the Banner Maxx and Quantum Light combo. Thanks.
half tea spoon of banner max and 15 ml of quantum growth light per gallon foliar fed,u can use quantum growth once a week in your soil i have seen a major differance in my plants

So i just ordered some Quantum Growth Light and banner max. Which one of these are systemic? or are they both used as a foliar spray? do i mix them together? i just wanna know how to apply this so when i get it i can tend to my plants right away
both foliar,quantum growth u can use once a week in your medium

Thanks so much. I was hoping it was possible. I am sure the cut i want has it. I may never get it but at least i'll know I can get rid the pm if I do.

How long has it been since you treated them ?
about 3mo

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Venom, first off, thanks alot for sharing some wise info on pm. :rauch08:

Do you have a schedule on which you spray regularly for preventative?
Or do you just spray the one time 2 weeks into flower?
Are you mixing both the quantum and the banner together in the same spray?

I just got that same pm crap too! First time for me. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, now that I fixed the circulation issue that I was having. I gotta dehumidifier comin in a couple of days as well. They are only a few weeks out now, so I don't want to spray anything. I figure that I will just have to keep an eye on it, and ride the tide till they finish out.

B

boss750

if you are in flower then you should use serenade. for your next run, use eagle 20ew before you flip. also run sulfur burners and you should be straight. make sure your relative humidity doesn't get to high.

Venom818

Venom818

Venom, first off, thanks alot for sharing some wise info on pm. :rauch08:

Do you have a schedule on which you spray regularly for preventative?
Or do you just spray the one time 2 weeks into flower?
Are you mixing both the quantum and the banner together in the same spray?

I just got that same pm crap too! First time for me. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, now that I fixed the circulation issue that I was having. I gotta dehumidifier comin in a couple of days as well. They are only a few weeks out now, so I don't want to spray anything. I figure that I will just have to keep an eye on it, and ride the tide till they finish out.

I foliar feed with 2.5 ml of bannermax plus 15 ml of quantum growth per gallon every 10 to 14 days in veg.
and give 15ml of quantum growth to my coco 0nce a week.Do not use banner max in flowering at all

C

CHILKaT

Banner Maxx contains the active ingredient Propiconazole, a petroleum distillate, a poison. If you're going organic you can use Orange TKO, which contains d-limonene, limonene is a terpenoid and is already present in the plant. FDA and FEMA list it as GRAS(generally regarded as safe) It is the main component of citrus peel oil. It has use as a solvent and cleaner as well as a multitude of other uses which include insecticide, fungicide, etc.

If you don't want to spray anything on your plants, get yourself a UVC lamp. It kills viruses, bacteria, fungus, molds, etc. It will only kill what it comes in direct contact with, and only takes very small doses. They do sell expensive handheld wands for household germicidal use, cheaper to get them from pond supply and you can also get them in T5. You'll want to be careful with UV-C lights as they are very harmful to your eyes and skin. If you set them up, be sure you can turn them off and on from outside the room, or set up an infirmary box, blast em for a few seconds and be done with it...long or prolonged exposure will damage your plants. Rumor has it that UVC will kill spider mites, never had them, so I wouldn't know.

http://www.goodgreenbuilders.com/uvc-weapon-indoor-garden-pests

W

weedbaker

I am a med grower for myself and one patient.I try to grow organic as possible to supply us with the best cleanest meds I can.When I first started I had problems with this PM.I learned to keep the plants on a short table and run a good powerfull fan under table.Cut holes in table for air to pass threw.This will prevent Pm just don't let it get to thick.I know all rms have spores but do this and you will have no visible problems without pesticides.WB

stickyicky

stickyicky

Nothing i have ever tried works better then GREEN CURE.

I use it for breakouts.

Sulphur burner worked well for me , very well

I use it for preventative measures.

Due to El nino a lot of extra moisture is in the atmosphere. I think this is part of the PM problems people are facing. I have not had PM for a year myself. Until now.

Prior to bringing clones into my veg cab I dip each one in Safe's 3 in 1 fungicide, miticide and insecticide. I usually don't have a problem.

I also have a dehumidifier and AC/dehumidifier running constantly. I find if I can stay below 50% AT ALL TIMES! I'm golden. Had a couple days when it creeped up to 60%. I stopped that shit, treated w/ greencure and sulfer burner. It's gone for now.

The big problem is with perpetual grows. It's hard to really clean up. I used to use a fungicide fogger at the end of runs. Can't do that anymore. I am treating my veg plants w/ greencure and Earth Nectar foliar spray which they seem to be loving.

Good Luck w/ the PM problems fellow farmer's

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

ventelate, filter, circulate, dehumidify. use any & all chemical & homeopathic treatments. damn pm still will test your resolve. i believe in baking soda & water, or fat free milk & water & maple syrp & water helps fungus gnats.

I

Islander

The Green Cure definitely knocked it down. I would have to say it did the best of what I have used so far. However, it did knock the snot out of a couple of plants as well. I may have soaked them too much but the next day a couple were looking horrible, they have recovered a bit since but still are not where they were before the treatment. The message is to be careful and do not over apply. I am going to use a combination of Green Cure and sulpher smoking for my next grow.

stickyicky

stickyicky

Hey Islander,

What happened to your plants? What do you mean knocked the snot out of em? I have never had this problem w/ greencure. It's mainly baking soda. What mix did you use? I go with 1.5T per gallon and soak the piss out of em.

You know Greencure is good when every shop in the county is out.

Good luck w/ pm farmers and stay vigilant. PM is like a terrorist sleeper cell. It's among us just waiting for the right condition to strike out and fuck up the whole program.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I was like diz and hadn't had the stuff ever in Cali, then this year bam!

I used the eagle20 and noticed a difference within 12 hours. be careful with flowering plants though, it is systemic and should prove perfect for eradicating/cleaning a new room or a room in use and on new cuts you will bring in or a veg/mom room.

should NEVER have PM again!

follow the safety precautions on the label when handling, no joke!

stickyicky

stickyicky

stOne, the humidity runs about 50%. It is naturally a bit higher right after watering but comes down to about 20% over time. I originally was turning off all fans (even intake and exhaust) when the lights were off but have learned that lesson. For the last few weeks all fans have been on 24 hr a day.

Ouch!! No in/out with lights off? That's the problem bro (as you now know). We all learn sometime brother. Sounds like your back on track.

I like to run intake/exhaust (or AC) during lights off. I feel I get enough air movement in the room without having to use circulation fans. I like to think less plant movement during night cycle promotes more energy to budding.

Good Luck

Top Bottom