Need some advice. Plants were perfect last time I watered

• Thread starter MaverickNEA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Yeah that's a ton of blood and bone meal, if I'm adding by the pot, which I usually don't, literally a little sprinkle is enough for the whole pot... I'd say you have to transplant. In future, if you want to spend all the time, money and effort on growing, don't go for crap soil... never grow weed in miracle grow... dirt from a hole in the lawn is better lol.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

This is my hmmm.....I think 8th grow. I've been successful in all my past grows. Just been having trouble with this cheap ass soil. I started growing in areoponics.....it was awesome. Thought I'd give soil a try. 🤷‍♂️

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is my hmmm.....I think 8th grow. I've been successful in all my past grows. Just been having trouble with this cheap ass soil. I started growing in areoponics.....it was awesome. Thought I'd give soil a try. 🤷‍♂️
That's like being a sprinter and giving speed walking a try lol.
If you're chasing the organic soil terps and all that I think you'll be disappointed to discover that hydro and aeroponics makes a much cleaner product than most people can pull off in soil.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Coco is not as easy to grow in. What is your growing experience? I always try to get people to get good at soil before taking on a more challenging media. Soil things happen over a week or so. Coco a 2 or 3 days. Hydro can be in 12 hours. So your understanding of the health of the plant needs to develop as you move to quicker growing media's. But that is just my opinion so you get some smoke each time

I'm doing my first Coco now, yeah it's fast changing but it's damn easier than soil lol. Then again it was probably the crappy biobizz nutrients I used in the soil that caused all my issues...

Coco is great if you got an auto watering system and the best PH pen/ ppm meter - and a bit of experience 😁

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
We don't have a store around here with good soil. Just the garbage from Walmart that says enriched with miracle grow.
I would suggest avoiding any soil with Miracle Grow. This can be make the soil really hot. I typically use FoxFarms Big Bloom as a base additive and this calls for 60ml/gal.

IMG 20211123 195257

I've never gone more than 40ml/gallon with it in a PH buffered soil. I also use it very sparingly and only before beginning to provide Nitrogen and then only after Flowering has started (every 4th feeding) until flushing.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Look for a soil that ONLY contains Sphagnum Moss, Perlite and maybe lime sources. That's as simple as it needs to be.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Look for a soil that ONLY contains Sphagnum Moss, Perlite and maybe lime sources. That's as simple as it needs to be.
That's exactly what's in this soil. Should I go buy it now? They have 25 of them at Canadian tire.

Screenshot 20211123 185035 Chrome
CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Sunshine mix number 4 is what i use so

MaverickNEA give it a try. I mix with earthworm castings start seedling in pot and dont feed till about four weeks.​

tobh

tobh

Supporter
sunshine #4 is good shit. a lot of growers used to run it, good peat base. mind you, it's more of a base -- a platform to build a soil on. if you don't build a soil with it you'll need to treat it more like a peat grow which is borderline soilless.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter

Primary Ingredients​

• Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
  • Composted or Aged Bark
  • Bark and/or Other Forest Products
  • Bark
  • Compost
  • Sun-Coir
  • Earthworm Castings
  • RESiLIENCE®
  • Seafood & Shrimp Meal Compost
  • Coconut Coir
  • Dolomite Lime

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Here's what I found about ingredients.

I would say Dooooo it! Depending on price and if you honestly cannot find something similar at a local Hayward store or feed and seed store. You have to always account for costs when growing. Even if you're not selling the herb.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
sunshine #4 is good shit. a lot of growers used to run it, good peat base. mind you, it's more of a base -- a platform to build a soil on. if you don't build a soil with it you'll need to treat it more like a peat grow which is borderline soilless.
Soil is a blend of organic materials. You are partially right in your statement but I think you are referring to Dirt instead of soil. 😉

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Soil is a blend of organic materials. You are partially right in your statement but I think you are referring to Dirt instead of soil. 😉
tomato tomato, potato potato. dirt == soil from the perspective of someone allergic to such things in an indoor grow 😜 though when i upstarted on growing again last year, my first run was in promix and that was fun-ish. quickly dove back into coco and water though. dirt belongs outside.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

K guys....I think I'm going to run out and get the sunshine mix #4 and see if I can save these guys. I'll be super careful when I take them out and replant them. 👍 I'll give an update in a day or two. 🤷‍♂️

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
tomato tomato, potato potato. dirt == soil from the perspective of someone allergic to such things in an indoor grow 😜 though when i upstarted on growing again last year, my first run was in promix and that was fun-ish. quickly dove back into coco and water though. dirt belongs outside.
Weed grows in soil and dirt naturally though...Boom!

Soil is more organically rich though and sifting. Dirt is very compressed and hard to manage. There really is a true difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom