Nesta’s Lost in the Weeds Perpetual Journal

• Thread starter Nesta028
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Is pm a bigger problem with these tents? I see a lot of people using tents and other than the kind of neat square packaging and all around reflection, keeping the dark in.... I would think it creates more heat, less air flow......I'd rather use a closet or reseved open space. This aside, Nesta your plants look very healthy. Good job.
Like said above air movement above below and in the middle I've 4 running 24/7 in a 5x5......they are also better at containing the heat. Its sometimes hard to get up to a steady 78f in the open space of my basement but a small heater can keep 150sq/ft or so warm easily. Its also neater by being contained we're forced to get everything in that smaller space . I've not tried HID in them but for LED they work very well.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Like said above air movement above below and in the middle I've 4 running 24/7 in a 5x5......they are also better at containing the heat. Its sometimes hard to get up to a steady 78f in the open space of my basement but a small heater can keep 150sq/ft or so warm easily. Its also neater by being contained we're forced to get everything in that smaller space . I've not tried HID in them but for LED they work very well.
It's really interesting, I don't know if it's general locations for many people here, but I'm surprised at how many need to keep temps up.......I would have thought the other way but that's what it is. I'm sure summer must be tough for everyone? Indoor-wise...

Nesta028

Nesta028

Is pm a bigger problem with these tents? I see a lot of people using tents and other than the kind of neat square packaging and all around reflection, keeping the dark in.... I would think it creates more heat, less air flow......I'd rather use a closet or reseved open space. This aside, Nesta your plants look very healthy. Good job.
I personally have had a harder time managing humidity, temp and airflow in the tent versus my grow room. That said, I could’ve done a general better job of managing the environment in the tent to avoid getting PM in the first place.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I love that gelato but have to leave it alone, holy smokes I could eat the chrome off the stove!
Everything is looking great Nesta! 🥰 Good job mah friend!
Nice looking girls.........Its been a bitch for me to grow under the led's I've fked 2 grows with them in a row One I'm growing now is doing the same thing as it did the last time.....I tried to give her more food going into flower....nope too much too early....letting it dry out twice at critical time didn't help either....ah well they can't all be pretty.

I've 2 clones growing and I was thinking of dumping them for a few other strains.....Heavy smoke but my last one I turned the whole thing into coconut oil.....because it looked like sht and was so full of small leaves I said fk it I'm not trimming it I'm cooking it. My wife has a ton of Gummy material now.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
@PipeCarver, are you referring specifically to the Gelato?
Yes, I guess I should have added that......Good producer under my hps but I just don't seem to have the knack to grow them under leds

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
this will solve your LED growing issues..
brother Johnny B’s book!!!..
C917649A AFEE 4CAF B510 1C49B6957F88

Nesta028

Nesta028

Yes, I guess I should have added that......Good producer under my hps but I just don't seem to have the knack to grow them under leds
I have struggled with the transition to LED also. I really start on the lower end of the PPFD spectrum and slowly work my way up. What I find frustrating is how different strains handle PPFD differently. I like to grow multiple strains at the same time for variety but they all can’t take the same PPFD. This has been hurting my growth rate and yield.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have struggled with the transition to LED also. I really start on the lower end of the PPFD spectrum and slowly work my way up. What I find frustrating is how different strains handle PPFD differently. I like to grow multiple strains at the same time for variety but they all can’t take the same PPFD. This has been hurting my growth rate and yield.
What surprises me is the sf600 I'm getting 50,000 lux out of it and the plants flowering under it are doing great....that says to me says I've had the power on the SE3000 set too high and on my next grow I'm going to leave them at 60% power until near the end,,,...pumping them up to fast fry's them I'll get it next time....lol...

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

What surprises me is the sf600 I'm getting 50,000 lux out of it and the plants flowering under it are doing great....that says to me says I've had the power on the SE3000 set too high and on my next grow I'm going to leave them at 60% power until near the end,,,...pumping them up to fast fry's them I'll get it next time....lol...
I have found the same w my se3000.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i’d trust Johnny waaay before any so called “scientists” or company rep’s or even that bumbee character..
that’s for sure..
may look into getting some led’s for upstairs just because of Johnnys book..
Read?....a ...Book?...lol........Good one.....does it come with lots of pictures and in big print?.......

I haven't the patients to read all the ...in...the...are...was...when...they...or... for....at.......to...up....get....go....put....some....a....an.....and.....here...how...any.... etcetera etcetera etcetera .....lol.....on and on it goes...every page filled with the same words just in a different order........

it gets repetitive with tidbits of information I need tucked in amongst the repeated words, so I scan for new words and I miss a few subtleties along the way...lol....no a lot of subtleties get over looked.......

I'll wait for the movie version....lol.........thanks anyways.......I've a few issues....lol

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Read?....a ...Book?...lol........Good one.....does it come with lots of pictures and in big print?.......

I haven't the patients to read all the ...in...the...are...was...when...they...or... for....at.......to...up....get....go....put....some....a....an.....and.....here...how...any.... etcetera etcetera etcetera .....lol.....on and on it goes...every page filled with the same words just in a different order........

it gets repetitive with tidbits of information I need tucked in amongst the repeated words, so I scan for new words and I miss a few subtleties along the way...lol....no a lot of subtleties get over looked.......

I'll wait for the movie version....lol.........thanks anyways.......I've a few issues....lol
I think you're a candidate for audio books 🤣

I hate reading myself so i usually listen to it if available.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think you're a candidate for audio books 🤣

I hate reading myself so i usually listen to it if available.
Not unless It has a human talking, my wife listens to these audio books with a robot woman sound reading it. Mono tone, flat, no emotion or feeling & reading everything the same.......Nope I'll wait for the movie.....my theory is if it ain't in a movie form yet then it can't be a very good book.....lol........

ninjadip

ninjadip

Not unless It has a human talking, my wife listens to these audio books with a robot woman sound reading it. Mono tone, flat, no emotion or feeling & reading everything the same.......Nope I'll wait for the movie.....my theory is if it ain't in a movie form yet then it can't be a very good book.....lol........
Oh that's terrible!
It's like that robotic voice that people use on youtube for voice-overs.... if i hear that dumb voice i will not watch it. can't stand it!

i know your pain

reminds me of that Seinfeld where George gets a book on audio because he's lazy, and said he doesn't like hearing his own voice in his head reading it. The tape comes, and the voice actor sounds just like George anyway! lol

Nesta028

Nesta028

Pulled these bushes out for a defol, clean up, and to take some cuttings. The book ends are both sour diesel, and the one in the middle is wedding cake. All from @Trustfall. Im hoping to get these to the flower tent soon!
BDE635DA A54F 4A08 9199 66884E015CEE

Latest posts

Top Bottom