Nesta’s Lost in the Weeds Perpetual Journal

• Thread starter Nesta028
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nesta028

Nesta028

The one with cupped leaves looks to me like she might like a bit more p and k and a bit less n. Also looks like she might like a bit less intense lighting if possible. Nothing major, but that is what I would do to try and tweak her back into shape. Lookin nice in here bro.
Thanks Fromunda. The leaves that are cupping are primarily lower leaves and the top leaves on the plant are all praying. Which leads me to believe light intensity is not the issue. Your point on N and P are well taken. They’re all due for a healthy dose of P this weekend.

Nesta028

Nesta028

yo yo brotha Nesta. What it be growmie? Girls are lookin strong brotha. You know what I know and don't but I wanted to chime in as a fellow blummater.
I think it is more a matter of watering too frequently since the blumats if become "un-dialed in" can cause there never to be any dry-back. Maybe the girl in question is less tolerant to over-saturation at the roots. Does that plant ever get any run-off? It seems many say you shouldn't get run-off in soil but also many others say it is important that you do/can.
I just learned 1st hand what has been fkin up every one of my grows and it was poor watering/ferting practices mixed with fabric pots. Fabric pots were causing me to have a rootball in the center and bottom would never dry back while the exterior and top would. Only by cutting her out of the fabric pot carefully and placing in another one did I see I was dealing with cake mix powder soil rather than healthy living. No wonder Puff fkin hates me hah
That's my 3 satoshi brotha. I would say likely none of it is accurate/right but hey you know my heart is in the right place for tryin 😆
Hey PT, thanks for checking in. There are no obvious issues with the bluemats. Its not a run away or anything like that. The “wet spot” is roughly the same on all four drippers and the drip consistency looks good. I hear what you’re saying about fabric pots. I know many use them with great success, but I just found they were hard to keep the entire medium at the right moisture level. This is why I switch the plastic containers this go around.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Hey PT, thanks for checking in. There are no obvious issues with the bluemats. Its not a run away or anything like that. The “wet spot” is roughly the same on all four drippers and the drip consistency looks good. I hear what you’re saying about fabric pots. I know many use them with great success, but I just found they were hard to keep the entire medium at the right moisture level. This is why I switch the plastic containers this go around.
Interesting. I went to a plastic pot after fabric and didn't like it at all.

So what are your lights on temps bro? I have found that I had this issue as well but it was because I was having a hard time getting temps up where they needed to be to get good transpiration from the plant. Once I got the temps from the low 70's up to around 80F, things improved quite a bit. You may remember the Triangle Grape Cake grow a while back.....large fabric pot that was not drying out like I wanted. Once I got the temps up things cleared up and I was able to get to the finish line relatively unscathed.

I've never used drippers but perhaps they are not a good quality so water distribution is uneven? Just throwing stuff out there try to help you figure this out.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Ahh great point about why you switched. I have had same issue and did not realize it was bad until as of late. I actually have Puff's fab pot wrapped in saran wrap lol to keep moisture inside. Yeah I'm definitely considering other growing containers. I've seen some larger fab pots with plastic liners for that exact reason.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

So what are your lights on temps bro? I have found that I had this issue as well but it was because I was having a hard time getting temps up where they needed to be to get good transpiration from the plant. Once I got the temps from the low 70's up to around 80F, things improved quite a bit. You may remember the Triangle Grape Cake grow a while back.....large fabric pot that was not drying out like I wanted. Once I got the temps up things cleared up and I was able to get to the finish line relatively unscathed.

I've never used drippers but perhaps they are not a good quality so water distribution is uneven? Just throwing stuff out there try to help you figure this out.
Yo SweatLeaf. Lights on lately are 75-80ish but I definitely agree with you about temps. Been very hard for me to control consistantly lately. Weather outside been all over the place here in AZ. From sub 40 nights to 80s days later, it makes it real hard with a 2nd floor grow. Turn on heat to house cause it gets pretty cold with all the tile we have and shit insulation(windows, etc) and it pushes temps past 80 and I get scared. I'd be more ok with it had my humidifier not conked out on me. My temps among other things have definitely cost me this grow. I think/hope I will make it to the finish line but it appears as though it may be a bit ugly to get there. My trichs have actual hairs of trichs on them lol don't know what that means but I think I am 1-2 weeks out tops. It has been 9 weeks of flower so I'm thinking if I increase temps I may cause further foxtailing

2023 02 23 18 35 32 599
2023 02 23 18 34 55 238
2023 02 23 18 27 52 935
Nesta028

Nesta028

I get some fluctuations because my flower tent is in a heated garage. Lights on im generally between 78-83 degrees.

This is current:
47816087 4A1C 491D 858A 780DF7CE0D3C

Nesta028

Nesta028

Yo SweatLeaf. Lights on lately are 75-80ish but I definitely agree with you about temps. Been very hard for me to control consistantly lately. Weather outside been all over the place here in AZ. From sub 40 nights to 80s days later, it makes it real hard with a 2nd floor grow. Turn on heat to house cause it gets pretty cold with all the tile we have and shit insulation(windows, etc) and it pushes temps past 80 and I get scared. I'd be more ok with it had my humidifier not conked out on me. My temps among other things have definitely cost me this grow. I think/hope I will make it to the finish line but it appears as though it may be a bit ugly to get there. My trichs have actual hairs of trichs on them lol don't know what that means but I think I am 1-2 weeks out tops. It has been 9 weeks of flower so I'm thinking if I increase temps I may cause further foxtailing
Dude… those trics look like… wait a minute. You might be getting a little to loving with those plants PT 😂

Nesta028

Nesta028

Alright… I wanted more head room so the carbon can got axed today and I raised the light. Hopefully that SD improves a bit. Im brewing some terp tea with bloom/microbe charge/fulvic/ molasses. Will feed that in the morning. While more work, I really enjoy brewing teas.

43A49A44 F127 4432 9238 C2E91E053610

2F6A5097 DDE0 4D38 B865 8FA56530D42A

Nesta028

Nesta028

While I wait for the flower tent to run its course, I’m starting my next grow, this time some Beans! On deck will be Pluto by Gashouse, Cuntz (Runtz x Cinderella Man) by Tenguseedco, and Sunset Sherbert x Okie by Tenguseedco. @Trustfall, what name did you land on for the sherb x okie?
Im going to start soaking the beans today and I’m strongly considering running these in Coco using the Canna Coco medium and nutes.

Lets go!
6EFAE993 D588 433E 843F 27A54CFE0FB2

steamroller

steamroller

You up to the feeding demands.
I am going hydro after my soil learnings. Mostly for fun.
If not for fun I would choose the easiest method/medium.
I have never used coco.
It is just an inert space filler as I understand with a few caveats.
Go perlite if your up to it. 🤷‍♂️

Nesta028

Nesta028

You up to the feeding demands.
I am going hydro after my soil learnings. Mostly for fun.
If not for fun I would choose the easiest method/medium.
I have never used coco.
It is just an inert space filler as I understand with a few caveats.
Go perlite if your up to it. 🤷‍♂️
I have always run soil and quite honestly just looking to switch it up. Dont want to jump to full hydro just yet 😉. I have done quite a bit of reading on sunnydog and desert hydro on IC using blumats with coco with great success. If I go coco, I will either stick with blumats or go with a pump/manifold auto watering setup. I dont mind mixing nutes, but not going to hand water coco

Nesta028

Nesta028

@Trustfall Sunset Freeze (Sunset Sherbert x Okie) is 5 for 5. The Cuntz looks to be on the same path but maybe a day behind. 24 hour soak and two days in paper towel. Nicely done! I transplanted all Sunset Freeze and one Pluto into straight coco. I was planning on using jiffy pellets, but I didnt have time to grab them today and these babies were ready to be planted. I guess im all in on coco at this point. F me. Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth.
55497AE7 7590 4158 B8C4 B29A55390CA7

Top Bottom