New and need all the help i can get!!!

• Thread starter Tylerm1712
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrb53

Mrb53

You can start defoliating the older plants in the back. They do not need all those fan leaves and it also increases respiration which in turn affects Rh conditions. The more leaves touch or get crowded, the great the chance of PWM...you do not want mold in your tent and preventative is the BEST method
Here are a few pics of my 1 gal grows, thinned out
IMG 20210929 085409
IMG 20210929 085415

Mrb53

Mrb53

I re-read your original post and you said you were conferenced over the short stature / height of your plants. Maybe I forgot but strain / genus plays an important role in height. Many Indica are much shorter than Sativa and on Hybrids, gotta look at the ratio. Another thing is light - blue spectrum makes for great roots, shorter plants with less spacing between the nodes where as red does the opposite. If your light has a good BLUE range, you will get more compact growth during veg stage. Do not forget, when you get to flower, the plants are going to STRETCH...I would much rather have short plants with top room for flower growth than long spindly plants getting too close to the lights because their is no more head room left.... a very common problem with indoor growing. Auto and fast also grow much shorter than photoperiod plants. Look more at the quality of your plants, not the height...

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

I re-read your original post and you said you were conferenced over the short stature / height of your plants. Maybe I forgot but strain / genus plays an important role in height. Many Indica are much shorter than Sativa and on Hybrids, gotta look at the ratio. Another thing is light - blue spectrum makes for great roots, shorter plants with less spacing between the nodes where as red does the opposite. If your light has a good BLUE range, you will get more compact growth during veg stage. Do not forget, when you get to flower, the plants are going to STRETCH...I would much rather have short plants with top room for flower growth than long spindly plants getting too close to the lights because their is no more head room left.... a very common problem with indoor growing. Auto and fast also grow much shorter than photoperiod plants. Look more at the quality of your plants, not the height...
I keep seeing,hearing and reading that pruning is really stressful for auto. But I was also told to plant in its forever container but I started everything in solo cups then transplanted after 8days. So I guess my question would be do u think pruning autos is as stressful as they makes it out to be or do I just thin out slowly?

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

The light I believe has 3000k, 5000k then a far red but no ir or uv do u ever use uv on plants I've been told to supplement in last 2weeks of flower to help tricomb production.

Mrb53

Mrb53

The light I believe has 3000k, 5000k then a far red but no ir or uv do u ever use uv on plants I've been told to supplement in last 2weeks of flower to help tricomb production.
AUTO stress...every strain is different and "IF THEY STRESS", kind ruins the grow since you only get around average 9-12 weeks. Stress sets it back 2 t3 weeks and that is like half a lifetime in flower so think what half a life in flower would do to a photo. Once they go to 2nd week of flower...then I HANDS OFF!!!!!
I start ALL my seeds in small pots and transplant, all! If you transplant autos at the right time, you can extend the cycle. I grew a GSC AUTO for 5 months. Transplanted from 1 to 3 to 5 gal. Each one, if done carefully, extends the grow cycle as the hormone released from find all that extra root space make it go longer. There is a YouTuber Kronic, he grew an auto over 200 days!
You have to expect failures...part of the game but we PUSH, this is where the new stuff comes from.
I have certain strains I "DO NOT TOUCH" and others I top, fim, train, transplant, etc. You get to know your strains like you know your family / kids
I like to grow autos in 1 gal cloth. If I see a plant that is spectacular, I move it up. I like 1 gal as I can get over 20 in my tent at once. That is VARIETY and that is more important to me than a big return. I grow many strains...customized to my wife's illness for relief. Heavy Indica for sleep and relaxation, Sativa for daytime, hybrids for anytime, some for tinctures and last year added CBD strains. I picked up some Dr Seedsman 30:1 auto CBD and another similar 20:1 Red something and it blew me away the effects they have / had. I am not much of a toker (lung issues) but this <.5 thc smelled like old pipe tobacco (so sweet), it was mild and I have chronic back pain (surgery - crushed 5 vertebrae) and it TOOK MY PAIN AWAY..SO RELAXING and no buzz.
I bought reptile bulb on Amazon...simple 25w IR/UV and use last 2/3 weeks pre harvest for about 2 hrs a day. Make the COLOR / TERPS (really brings out the flavor), POP! I think it also increase the trikes but not sure...I do know the end product is BETTER with than before when I did not use them
Now my new 8 bar has IR/UV built in. Not sure yet since they are ON ALWAYS...I know outdoors is like that so I figured///nothing to loose.
good spectrum coverage you got and your plants really look good so you are doing something right. I know many times, we just overtweek. There are times I would like to LIVE in my tent

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

AUTO stress...every strain is different and "IF THEY STRESS", kind ruins the grow since you only get around average 9-12 weeks. Stress sets it back 2 t3 weeks and that is like half a lifetime in flower so think what half a life in flower would do to a photo. Once they go to 2nd week of flower...then I HANDS OFF!!!!!
I start ALL my seeds in small pots and transplant, all! If you transplant autos at the right time, you can extend the cycle. I grew a GSC AUTO for 5 months. Transplanted from 1 to 3 to 5 gal. Each one, if done carefully, extends the grow cycle as the hormone released from find all that extra root space make it go longer. There is a YouTuber Kronic, he grew an auto over 200 days!
You have to expect failures...part of the game but we PUSH, this is where the new stuff comes from.
I have certain strains I "DO NOT TOUCH" and others I top, fim, train, transplant, etc. You get to know your strains like you know your family / kids
I like to grow autos in 1 gal cloth. If I see a plant that is spectacular, I move it up. I like 1 gal as I can get over 20 in my tent at once. That is VARIETY and that is more important to me than a big return. I grow many strains...customized to my wife's illness for relief. Heavy Indica for sleep and relaxation, Sativa for daytime, hybrids for anytime, some for tinctures and last year added CBD strains. I picked up some Dr Seedsman 30:1 auto CBD and another similar 20:1 Red something and it blew me away the effects they have / had. I am not much of a toker (lung issues) but this <.5 thc smelled like old pipe tobacco (so sweet), it was mild and I have chronic back pain (surgery - crushed 5 vertebrae) and it TOOK MY PAIN AWAY..SO RELAXING and no buzz.
I bought reptile bulb on Amazon...simple 25w IR/UV and use last 2/3 weeks pre harvest for about 2 hrs a day. Make the COLOR / TERPS (really brings out the flavor), POP! I think it also increase the trikes but not sure...I do know the end product is BETTER with than before when I did not use them
Now my new 8 bar has IR/UV built in. Not sure yet since they are ON ALWAYS...I know outdoors is like that so I figured///nothing to loose.
good spectrum coverage you got and your plants really look good so you are doing something right. I know many times, we just overtweek. There are times I would like to LIVE in my tent
Hey I'm like 35days in and these plants still aren't showing sex I took pics and others said they were female but I dont see these white hairs everyone speaks of. They look like what I'd think preflowers would look like but I'm not sure I've never grown before so idk any time frames what so ever. It cant be that unusually to go into week 5 of veg with auto right?

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

Hey I'm like 35days in and these plants still aren't showing sex I took pics and others said they were female but I dont see these white hairs everyone speaks of. They look like what I'd think preflowers would look like but I'm not sure I've never grown before so idk any time frames what so ever. It cant be that unusually to go into week 5 of veg with auto right?
Lol my house is starting to smell dank so that gotta be good sign
Lol my house is starting to smell dank so that gotta be good sign or can male plant smell dank too?

Mrb53

Mrb53

Lol my house is starting to smell dank so that gotta be good sign

Lol my house is starting to smell dank so that gotta be good sign or can male plant smell dank too?
There is no way to insure the seeds are auto so maybe could be photo? 5 weeks should show but give another week to 10 days. Flip the lights to kick start them...12/12
at the intersections of the nodes below the apical tops, you should see a hair or 2...if males, they will start ot look like a cluster of grapes. Put up a cpl more pics and get the top and nodes
smell doesn't mean anything (sex). Later into flower the smell should increase but at the start before flower very little but you CAN SMELL THEM. I start my seeds in my bedroom under an aero pot light, 6 to 12 at a time and within 2 weeks I have odor

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

There is no way to insure the seeds are auto so maybe could be photo? 5 weeks should show but give another week to 10 days. Flip the lights to kick start them...12/12
at the intersections of the nodes below the apical tops, you should see a hair or 2...if males, they will start ot look like a cluster of grapes. Put up a cpl more pics and get the top and nodes
smell doesn't mean anything (sex). Later into flower the smell should increase but at the start before flower very little but you CAN SMELL THEM. I start my seeds in my bedroom under an aero pot light, 6 to 12 at a time and within 2 weeks I have odor
Ya I'm literally 35days in. I'm getting very impatient I've been tracking every plant on the grow with Jane app so I'm not confused on the date it deff 100% been 35day plus I took a pic the day the seeds popped and it's time stamped. They are deff stretching like crazy they prob jumped 6inch in last 8days. So maybe there just more of a 12week auto instead of 10week. I got seeds from what I'd call pretty reliable company. so that would be crazy if they were photos especially cause there not all same strain but I guess it could be possible. There is deff nothing on the plant that suggest a males and all the nodes have like 2 hair looking things that were green and slowly turning brown but those have been there since like week 2 so idk what they are.
20211003 074727
20211003 074719
20211003 074711
20211003 072128
20211003 072124

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ya I'm literally 35days in. I'm getting very impatient I've been tracking every plant on the grow with Jane app so I'm not confused on the date it deff 100% been 35day plus I took a pic the day the seeds popped and it's time stamped. They are deff stretching like crazy they prob jumped 6inch in last 8days. So maybe there just more of a 12week auto instead of 10week. I got seeds from what I'd call pretty reliable company. so that would be crazy if they were photos especially cause there not all same strain but I guess it could be possible. There is deff nothing on the plant that suggest a males and all the nodes have like 2 hair looking things that were green and slowly turning brown but those have been there since like week 2 so idk what they are.View attachment 1175320View attachment 1175321View attachment 1175322View attachment 1175323View attachment 1175325
View attachment 1175319
Ok may be I see something different than everyone else but I see ball poppin on that plant.

Mrb53

Mrb53

Ok may be I see something different than everyone else but I see ball poppin on that plant.
my eyes ain't that good but I think (my mind ain't that good either) I see what you mean. Those are not stigmas and the nodes so the little things thought of as hairs (pistils) are not. 35 days...it could take another week for the flowers to start producing so hang on a little longer. Also, if that is a male, you will see a bunch of little balls. I do not recall ever seeing just 1 nut

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

my eyes ain't that good but I think (my mind ain't that good either) I see what you mean. Those are not stigmas and the nodes so the little things thought of as hairs (pistils) are not. 35 days...it could take another week for the flowers to start producing so hang on a little longer. Also, if that is a male, you will see a bunch of little balls. I do not recall ever seeing just 1 nut
I dont see anything that resembles balls that first pic just looks weird and theres a little green hair thing growing out exactly like the big one next to it. But I see what ur saying lol kinda looks round but it's not in person. What are those little thing called I'm looking for pistols but that's not them right. All 7 plants at 35days have those little things on every branch node set.

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

Plus what's the chance 7 out of 7 are males?

Mrb53

Mrb53

they are called stipule (bract). From them emerge the calyx and from that emerge the pistil (female) or else you get ball sacks (the grape cluster). Preflowers with long pistillate hairs are female flowers, while those without are male. All of this is the preflower

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

Maybe I missed it, but what's the strain. They look super healthy... I agree with the 12/12 light change to give flowering a jump.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
From my understanding Auto Fems generally start to flower in weeks 5-6. This is generalized though as strains and growing conditions can impact this. The plants look good IMO so I'd just wait it out. I have an Auto Fem going right now that's only four weeks old and I'm not expecting it to flower for another week or so myself.

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

Maybe I missed it, but what's the strain. They look super healthy... I agree with the 12/12 light change to give flowering a jump.
Ya I changed light over to 12-12 yesterday cause there still not showing signs of flowers.
There Chemdog × kiwi, light widow, star widow, Bruce banner, purple african majic, black african magic, northern lights, juicy fruit. There is 2x of each beside star widow I only popped 1x of those. This is my first time trying to grow so I have no reference but based on all the info I've read it blows my mind I'm like start of 5th week and still no sign of sex. Idk if that's a good thing or bad. But I'm guessing this will drag out to like 15weeks instead of 10-12 for autos unless they take a drastic turn in opposite direction. Do u think I should switch from veg nutes to pregnancy flower nutes or just let it veg out till it shows signs. Maybe I did something that stunned/stunted them that's why there taking longer then normal.

Mrb53

Mrb53

Ya I changed light over to 12-12 yesterday cause there still not showing signs of flowers.
There Chemdog × kiwi, light widow, star widow, Bruce banner, purple african majic, black african magic, northern lights, juicy fruit. There is 2x of each beside star widow I only popped 1x of those. This is my first time trying to grow so I have no reference but based on all the info I've read it blows my mind I'm like start of 5th week and still no sign of sex. Idk if that's a good thing or bad. But I'm guessing this will drag out to like 15weeks instead of 10-12 for autos unless they take a drastic turn in opposite direction. Do u think I should switch from veg nutes to pregnancy flower nutes or just let it veg out till it shows signs. Maybe I did something that stunned/stunted them that's why there taking longer then normal.
If you transplant, it extends the timeframe. When roots find MORE space, the hormones that control the flowering time on an auto reset. I transplant 1 to 3 to 5 and get 20 weeks, sometimes more out of 12 week autos. I also increase return over 50% by doing this

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

If you transplant, it extends the timeframe. When roots find MORE space, the hormones that control the flowering time on an auto reset. I transplant 1 to 3 to 5 and get 20 weeks, sometimes more out of 12 week autos. I also increase return over 50% by doing this
Ok that would make sense I went from solo cups to fabric pot some 5gal some 3gal. So it could of just lengthen the timeframe a bit. I hope that's what going on i dont mind if it veggs for a week or 2 longer i just want to know what I'm looking for and when. So I'll give it another week see if it shows sex by then.
So I was reading up on the strains I got and all the seeds I got should be feminized and it was saying they veg from 6-8weeks so that's a lil comforting why I'm not seeing preflowers yet. But if this is the case idk why people grow autos with the expectation of shorter grow time when really there not any faster then photo-period plants.

Top Bottom