New and need all the help i can get!!!

• Thread starter Tylerm1712
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

Sometimes you just gotta relax and let the plants do their thing. You can't always look at the breeders specs and expect to have their results. Think of them more as "under perfect circumstances" I've been told.

Mrb53

Mrb53

Rarely have I had autoflower that went beyond 5 weeks to show themselves. And then, only when I stress them which can affect them greatly. You learn your strains like you learn family members, long time friends. They have a particular personality and some like this, some like that but they have commonalities. Normally, I seed in a 39m peat pod, insert that into a 1 gal cloth so there is NO TRANSPLANT SHOCK. Some strains I train, top, fim and some I leave ALONE. They all start showing around 4 to 5 weeks. At that time, I can see who is stronger, healthier, larger and can take more punishment. Ones that have real promise, I transplant to a 3 gal at around 2nd to 3rd week of flower. If the are REALLY SPECTACULAR, I transplant to 5 gal AFTER 3 or 4 weeks additional flowering in the 3 gal container. 5 gal is ALL I GO for auto
What I get from auto is VARIETY. I have 8x4x7 tent and I can easily for 20 1 gal plus a few 3's maybe even a 5 in there. On average, my auto go 12-14 weeks
When I grow PHOTO-PERIOD is is a whole different beast. They go from peat pods to 3" peat cups to 5 or 7 gal bags. For springtime grow, I even set in 14 and 25 gal pails outside. I veg them anywhere from 8 weeks or MORE!. I trim (LST, HST, chiropractics, top, fim - excessively. Flowering s 8 to 10 weeks, maybe 11. That is much longer than the auto's.
I get VERY GOOD returns in 1 gal cloth bags...If you feed properly, have decent (they do not have to be great expensive lights) lights, it is pretty easy to hit a cpl to 6 oz per 1 gal bag....I can yield half lb to a lb out of a large pail.
I like variety....I am not selling this. I grow morning, mid day, afternoon, dinner and evening strains. I grow for medicinal purposes - anxiety, depression, PAIN, insomnia. I even grew CBD 20 and 30:1 for my autistic child...was able to reduce his medication on pharma from 6 pills to 1. I tried smoking the CBD and it was by far the most amazing thing I ever smoked and I am at this about 50 years
I got them from seedsman - Dr Seedsman 30:1 and Red 20:1...they did not smell or taste like weed. I make tincture too. My wife has autoimmune and EDS and insomnia, ptsd and adhd..Thank GOD FOR WEED

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

Rarely have I had autoflower that went beyond 5 weeks to show themselves. And then, only when I stress them which can affect them greatly. You learn your strains like you learn family members, long time friends. They have a particular personality and some like this, some like that but they have commonalities. Normally, I seed in a 39m peat pod, insert that into a 1 gal cloth so there is NO TRANSPLANT SHOCK. Some strains I train, top, fim and some I leave ALONE. They all start showing around 4 to 5 weeks. At that time, I can see who is stronger, healthier, larger and can take more punishment. Ones that have real promise, I transplant to a 3 gal at around 2nd to 3rd week of flower. If the are REALLY SPECTACULAR, I transplant to 5 gal AFTER 3 or 4 weeks additional flowering in the 3 gal container. 5 gal is ALL I GO for auto
What I get from auto is VARIETY. I have 8x4x7 tent and I can easily for 20 1 gal plus a few 3's maybe even a 5 in there. On average, my auto go 12-14 weeks
When I grow PHOTO-PERIOD is is a whole different beast. They go from peat pods to 3" peat cups to 5 or 7 gal bags. For springtime grow, I even set in 14 and 25 gal pails outside. I veg them anywhere from 8 weeks or MORE!. I trim (LST, HST, chiropractics, top, fim - excessively. Flowering s 8 to 10 weeks, maybe 11. That is much longer than the auto's.
I get VERY GOOD returns in 1 gal cloth bags...If you feed properly, have decent (they do not have to be great expensive lights) lights, it is pretty easy to hit a cpl to 6 oz per 1 gal bag....I can yield half lb to a lb out of a large pail.
I like variety....I am not selling this. I grow morning, mid day, afternoon, dinner and evening strains. I grow for medicinal purposes - anxiety, depression, PAIN, insomnia. I even grew CBD 20 and 30:1 for my autistic child...was able to reduce his medication on pharma from 6 pills to 1. I tried smoking the CBD and it was by far the most amazing thing I ever smoked and I am at this about 50 years
I got them from seedsman - Dr Seedsman 30:1 and Red 20:1...they did not smell or taste like weed. I make tincture too. My wife has autoimmune and EDS and insomnia, ptsd and adhd..Thank GOD FOR WEED
Oh wow I'm sorry to hear about your family medical issues, yes weed is a wonderful thing. Ya I'm kinda in the same boat when it comes to variety I figure if I can get like 8-10oz out each 5 and 3 gal I'm in good shape. I just wanted to grow from seed to harvest I've never had luck but that was back in high school when I was a idiot trying to grow seed I got out a bag of reggie now that I think back I laught how dumb that sounds. I do struggle with intense migraines occasionally and insomnia partially do to sleep apnea. But ya I'm on day 38 and still no signs my seed connect said to normally expect 40day/40day but some auto strains are alot faster. I have 10diff strains 14plants total in my 4x8 but I popped 7x then popped another 7x 20days later and non of the more mature 7x are showing sign which makes me think I'm doing somethin wrong. I flipped to 12/12 on the lights and I'm running mars hydro fc6500 bar style light. Theres no IR or UV in my light set up so I'm thinking maybe that's why there vegging for so long.

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

I also showed my seed connect pics of the plants and he was taken back by it being my first time he said they look flawless. So idk I'm hoping in next 5-7days they show sex.

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

Oh and what's ur opinion on nutes. Should I flip over to flowering nutrients?

Mrb53

Mrb53

Oh and what's ur opinion on nutes. Should I flip over to flowering nutrients?
you don't need ir/uv....if you want, a simple 25w from amazon will do. Only 2 hrs a day at the last 2 weeks will do.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088R9MS91/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
you are not doing anything wrong except maybe over worrying / over thinking it. We tend to live in our tents in the beginning, micro managing. Expect problems / failures and sometimes, just let them do their thing. Of all the things we do, we WAIT more than anything. Propagate seeds - wait, sprout - wait, seed them - wait, veg them -wait, flower them -wait, finish them - wait, harvest them -dry and wait, cure them - wait some more.
Nutrients - do not switch over until you have a definitive 2-3 weeks of flower. It ain't broke so don't fix it
You do want to do preventative - have the environment prepared or inoculated against issues that arise in mid to late flower. Mostly MOLD.....if you are using 3-5gal in a 4x8 and 14 plants...that is a LOT of transpiration and humidity can crop up and bite you in the butt. Make sure you got good air circulation and probably nano-micelle (organic based) mold prevention on the leaves in addition to good defoliation. You do not need a ton of fan leaves, just a ton of buds....lol
Some growers use a foliar spray of milk/water at 1 part milk to 9 water as a mold prevention. This is ok but NOT ON BUDS. That is why I use nano-micelle. I can spray that all the way to harvest and on everything / everywhere (tools, intake / exhaust tubes, fans, walls, containers, etc.)

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

you don't need ir/uv....if you want, a simple 25w from amazon will do. Only 2 hrs a day at the last 2 weeks will do.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088R9MS91/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
you are not doing anything wrong except maybe over worrying / over thinking it. We tend to live in our tents in the beginning, micro managing. Expect problems / failures and sometimes, just let them do their thing. Of all the things we do, we WAIT more than anything. Propagate seeds - wait, sprout - wait, seed them - wait, veg them -wait, flower them -wait, finish them - wait, harvest them -dry and wait, cure them - wait some more.
Nutrients - do not switch over until you have a definitive 2-3 weeks of flower. It ain't broke so don't fix it
You do want to do preventative - have the environment prepared or inoculated against issues that arise in mid to late flower. Mostly MOLD.....if you are using 3-5gal in a 4x8 and 14 plants...that is a LOT of transpiration and humidity can crop up and bite you in the butt. Make sure you got good air circulation and probably nano-micelle (organic based) mold prevention on the leaves in addition to good defoliation. You do not need a ton of fan leaves, just a ton of buds....lol
Some growers use a foliar spray of milk/water at 1 part milk to 9 water as a mold prevention. This is ok but NOT ON BUDS. That is why I use nano-micelle. I can spray that all the way to harvest and on everything / everywhere (tools, intake / exhaust tubes, fans, walls, containers, etc.)
Ya I live in arizona so RH is like 16-22% with out a humidifier in the tent so I dont think I should have much of a mold issue. Alot of the older fan leaves are turning yellow and dying off on the lower canopy is this normal everything was green and perfect a week ago and jus all a sudden it almost looks like there a potassium deficiency.

20211008 122056
20211008 122046
Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

I think they look fine. All look like females but keep monitoring. Just my opinion but they look a bit bushy. I would trim thee bottom stems and definitely top them. Doesn't look like you topped them
No I haven't topped the anxiety it causes not knowing if I'm chopping in the right place has overcome me. This is my first time growing and I really want a useable product at the end of all this or it's going to be very annoying and disheartening.
I'm on day 42 and still not seeing balls or hairs so idk what's up I've been on 12/12 light cycle for a week now.

20211010 140958
20211010 141440
20211010 141628
20211010 141419
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Looking good amigo.

One thing you really should do is change your drip system for your next grow.

You will have dry pockets and uneven root growth in those pots.

Make some drip rings so they supply 360deg next time you'll notice a difference. :)

Mrb53

Mrb53

Take a look at Kyle Kushmans techniques
See how muc he trims off the plants, how he bends them, breaks the stems
Note - sometimes branches break off, sometimes we run in to problems...it is par for the course, expect bumps in the road

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

Looking good amigo.

One thing you really should do is change your drip system for your next grow.

You will have dry pockets and uneven root growth in those pots.

Make some drip rings so they supply 360deg next time you'll notice a difference. :)
I bought some of these like a week or 2 ago but I only put them on the smaller plants so far. Do u think this will work or are u saying I need like a 8inch ring. I think flora flex makes some pot toppers that has like a maze that send water all over top of pot. The black stake droppers I originally used spray in like a V pattern but only about 2inch coverage in one direction if that makes sense.

20211011 140746
20211011 140749
Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

Take a look at Kyle Kushmans techniques
See how muc he trims off the plants, how he bends them, breaks the stems
Note - sometimes branches break off, sometimes we run in to problems...it is par for the course, expect bumps in the road
dope, that was actually a really good video.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Those Flora Flex look good, i would use them for sure.

Yeah they would work, much better than a single dripper.

Anything in the shape of a circle will be great for sending water down to the roots.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

This is my first time ever growing and I'm a noob beyond belief.
My autos popped on aug27 and I'm about 4weeks in I'm a lil worried I stunted my plants cause there only about a foot tall.
And I really am confused on how to tell if it's a female and starting to flower.
Sorry I dont have better pics can anyone give me some advise and opinion.View attachment 1172703View attachment 1172704View attachment 1172705View attachment 1172708
You wrote that they are auto.
Auto flowers generally are female.

They don't grow too big/tall because they are set genetically to flower on the limits set by the breeder/dr.frankenstien/geneticist.

They veg & flower under 24 hours of light

Mrb53

Mrb53

You wrote that they are auto.
Auto flowers generally are female.

They don't grow too big/tall because they are set genetically to flower on the limits set by the breeder/dr.frankenstien/geneticist.

They veg & flower under 24 hours of light
Sorry but Auto are not generally flower. I get almost 30% male from my auto seeds. I have this in Frankenstein auto, early miss, gold leaf (lower, around 10-13%), GSC -originally around 25% but lately they are getting closer to 50%....genetics is near next to impossible to control and it is VERY difficult and TIME PAINSTAKINGLY LONG to selective breed the males out of it
What I do notice is that the girls are STRONGER, more flavorful and potent from the unbridled seeds

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

Sorry but Auto are not generally flower. I get almost 30% male from my auto seeds. I have this in Frankenstein auto, early miss, gold leaf (lower, around 10-13%), GSC -originally around 25% but lately they are getting closer to 50%....genetics is near next to impossible to control and it is VERY difficult and TIME PAINSTAKINGLY LONG to selective breed the males out of it
What I do notice is that the girls are STRONGER, more flavorful and potent from the unbridled seeds
I've been on a weird streak of male Autos here lately... Cost of doing businesses when you buy regular seeds though.

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

46days in on autos and still no preflower yet.... shit is starting to piss me off i just want frosty plants to stare at and take pics already.

Top Bottom