New Black Pro Series Under Currents.

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

RMCG thanks for posting your experience. Certainly not as loud as I had expected given the comments in response to my question. It actually sounds wisper quiet with the loudest noise being when you covered the air intake with your hand.

I can see if I can grab a better vid of it 'starting up' as that is when it is the loudest. Definitely a jet engine whine to it. Then it has sort of a table saw/sewing machine 'hum' to it. I don't know what it sounds like when there is pressure load on it either, just free-flow like that. I will assume load will make it louder too.

Start up also has power reqs. I think when it spools up, it uses 900w/2A, then when running, is ~200w @ 20".

B

BavarianFarmer

Yeah, I was looking at 18-27 of them and was hoping I could go with the 'cheaper' models. Looks like I will do 9 at a time.

Are you going to be using the stock air pump with them?

I know Ben was running them as a test, but I don't remember which model or if he found it a worthwhile investment.

No. I'm going with the UC free style's which come with no pumps etc. I'm going to use a Sweetwater s31 to run 2 UC24 13gal and one UC24 8 gal. I would be going through the non reusable air stones like mad. As long as I dont have any issues of contaminating from not cleaning the os1's enough between each run, I don't plan on ever going back to the turd stones.
Bavarian Farmer

R

RMCG

No. I'm going with the UC free style's which come with no pumps etc. I'm going to use a Sweetwater s31 to run 2 UC24 13gal and one UC24 8 gal. I would be going through the non reusable air stones like mad. As long as I dont have any issues of contaminating from not cleaning the os1's enough between each run, I don't plan on ever going back to the turd stones.
Bavarian Farmer

I like your thinking... :)

I picked up a few of the Sunleaves 4" stones (not the disks) to test. They definitely flow better than the blue bars and don't want to crumble every time you touch them. @ 2.50/ea they are on par with the blue stones and ~seem~ to put out some decent air. Would love to see an OS1 hooked up and bubbling before I dropped 10-15x that on a diffuser.

C

crossouttheiis

Arent the os1 just quarter inch soaker hose connected to a regular vinyl tubing line?

R

RMCG

Arent the os1 just quarter inch soaker hose connected to a regular vinyl tubing line?

Sort of looks like it, but I don't know if soaker hose can produce the micro bubbles these can.

DWC.diffuser.jpg

Airstones make 20mm bubbles, these make .25 - 3mm bubbles.

R

RMCG

Looking at their pump size reqs, I am not sure about these with a single regen blower.

If one shield can use as low as 4.5lpm and as high as 88lpm, You aren't going to get nearly the same bubble output. Multiply that by 48 (or 72 in your case) and you are going to be on the very low end and I don't think your blower will put out enough/required pressure, CFM yes, Pressure No to create the bubbes you are looking for. Perhaps 2 in series to boost the backpressure? or some linear pumps on the same manifold? Or maybe put a single shield in the epi vs the flex disk and run diffusers in the buckets off of a linear pump.

http://www.deepwaterinnovations.com/Products/OxygenShieldAirDiffuser.aspx

B

BavarianFarmer

ohhhhh snap. just did some math. 4.5lpm is the minimum to "work". So for the os1 20lpm sounds like a good number. 20lpm x 72 = 1440lpm x .0353 = 50cfm. So yeah... I'm going to have to step up to a bigger regen. I'm gonna call deepwater tomorrow and see what they think the optimal lpm for the os1 is. If 4.5 is the minimum, I'm sure 20ish would be more than enough. The s31 regen would give 13.3lpm per diffuser.

Do those float or do you have to anchor them down?
yeah you have to anchor/glue them down.

R

RMCG

ohhhhh snap. just did some math. 4.5lpm is the minimum to "work". So for the os1 20lpm sounds like a good number. 20lpm x 72 = 1440lpm x .0353 = 50cfm. So yeah... I'm going to have to step up to a bigger regen. I'm gonna call deepwater tomorrow and see what they think the optimal lpm for the os1 is. If 4.5 is the minimum, I'm sure 20ish would be more than enough. The s31 regen would give 13.3lpm per diffuser.

yeah you have to anchor/glue them down.

'Tube diffusers' are not typically recommended for regens. I think I would add a second one in series vs stepping up to a larger one. I know they run for years, but I would rather have one working slowly vs a big dead one.

B

BavarianFarmer

Dang. I guess I will find out if I would recommended them or not as well. Having 2 in series would mean the outlet of one regen is connected to intake of the other. I think you mean parallel where the 2 blowers Y into the same pipe. That's what I'm going to do. Thanks for the idea. Two s21 regens should be great. it would be the equivalant of a 2/3hp 50cfm blower which they dont make. The range near that is either a 1/2hp 34cfm or a 1hp 70cfm. Rad. Time for bed.
Bavarian Farmer

R

RMCG

Dang. I guess I will find out if I would recommended them or not as well. Having 2 in series would mean the outlet of one regen is connected to intake of the other. I think you mean parallel where the 2 blowers Y into the same pipe. That's what I'm going to do. Thanks for the idea. Two s21 regens should be great. it would be the equivalant of a 2/3hp 50cfm blower which they dont make. The range near that is either a 1/2hp 34cfm or a 1hp 70cfm. Rad. Time for bed.
Bavarian Farmer

Yep in series, not parallel.

Additional Information
Single-phase blowers up to and including 1 hp (plus S313) are supplied with a 8' power cord. All Sweetwater® blowers come with inlet air filters and flexible pipe connectors as standard equipment. Three-year warranty begins on date of shipment. Double the pressure by using two blowers of the same size, with one blowing into the other. See the 2S41 example in the performance curve.

S11.gif

B

BavarianFarmer

Oh wow, it says it right there... haha that's sweet though, it's like compound turbo's boosting each other on beast diesel trucks. Parallel would give the same pressure between both with increased flow, where as series gives increased pressure and flow. The best of both worlds. Coooool beans! Thanks man!
BF

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Anyone know if they will be at the Hemp con in SoCal... L.A.????

R

Randyb

I woke up at 4am with a cold sweat consuming my body, eye-socket-boogers blurring vision and a lack of blood flow as it went from my peanut brain to the poster boy of a "little man" down yonder.

Stomach rumbles, right, it appears the barbarians are at the gate. Like any other time I go into battle upon the porcelain throne the trusty iPhone is second in command.

Open up the browser, bookmarks>THCFarmer - Under Current, load and see NEWBOLDTEXTYAY. Here I am physically speechless, managing to divert my ice cold body's shivers through my darting fingers and relying on auto-spell-correct to convey the simple message:

Daniel, I pooped.

---

Do want! Looks like 9kw+ for a 4-site. Trees much?

FLMAO, thank you, I needed that...:)

M

MediMary

will you guys take a couple pictures today... wish I could be there...

everytime I look at the black undercurrents I think i get a lil sexually aroused, them ladies are some bad bitches

R

RMCG

will you guys take a couple pictures today... wish I could be there...

everytime I look at the black undercurrents I think i get a lil sexually aroused, them ladies are some bad bitches

I will on Sunday. Fri/Sat are 'vendor/industry' days.

Top Bottom