New Grower Need Help With Sad Clones :(

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Looking much better now, not yet into final give another week at least, what ppm are you giving them now
I was around 770 last week but I just bumped it up to 950 today.

My run off was 5.8 ph 1.4ec 720ppm

Siz

Siz

Raise youre tray off the floor and make a drain for you run off
I tried doing this, I got 10” above but I couldnt find a good way to drain out of the tent. I setup a hose but the angle wasnt enough.

Are there any L shaped of these?

With the hose it doesnt give enough angle to drain out of the tent and I cant fit a bucket large enough under

fbsv420

fbsv420

I have 9 on a tray under 1k light, i have a deck drain on both trays that run to a condensate pump outside the tent, that pumps it to a drain outside the room

J

JackTrippa420

My clones are not looking good after transplanting.

Platinum cookies (green label)
Banana OG (red label)
Temp stays around 75-80f with 60-70% humidity. Vpd 0.8-1.1

They are under a Gavita 1700e dimmed to 50% and raised up

I originally had them 36” under the light, I feel I may have burned them.

I transplanted last week, 2 days after bringing the clones. They were showing decent roots and i didnt want them exposed too much so I transplanted with great white to mother earth 70/30 coco pearlite mix.

I gave a really light water at first then a couple days later fed with nutrients.

I am feeding with advanced nutrients

Sensi coco a+b
Voodoo juice
B-52
Bud candy
Rhino skin

I added about 1/4 strength and fed.

The platinum cookies look better today but the banana og is not doing well.

Local hydro store told me to flush with water wait til dry and fed them Revive until they bounce back then I could reintroduce nutrients.

First pic was the morning after transplant. The rest were taken today

Any help would be really appreciated!
As a rule of thumb, I usually wait until my roots are at minimum quarter inch. I prefer closer to half inch “rootlings” sprouted before transplanting. But 3 feet definitely should not have burnt them unless you have substantially high heat output coming from the lights.

J

JackTrippa420

Also, although during the whole rest of the plants life, I remove the growth, I let nature do its thing during the first week or two of transplanting with clones just because I don’t want in any unnecessary “shock” to the plant

J

JackTrippa420

But with all that said your clones really don’t look that bad ….you have a couple different strains that require different amounts of things…. So it’s a learning process of what to tweak in the future…. which is why unless I have my operation for my clones zoned off into separate compartments completely I like to do all one strain of clones at a time. I would just make sure your circulation, as in your air circulation, is optimal (sometimes people freak out when they see their leaves all moving around from their fans), but you actually want to see leaf movement as it will help stimulate growth. Lastly only water these clones when your top medium is completely dry.

J

JackTrippa420

And most importantly, I forgot you might be experiencing some discoloration and other issues due to over supplying your plans with nutrients you can also give a “burn out” effect from that, especially during the sensitive transplanting process. With clones sometimes less is more when you first get them started like this….. I would just stick with pure water at this point as I always put on a nice top medium and I let that do nice consistent work for me throughout the whole vegetation stage of the plant. So every time I water, it has to run through the top medium and then through the soil preventing “over nutrientation” (yes, that’s my new word) so I would research into different types of nutrient rich “tops” for your grow

T

terpscomefirst

I also got 12 plants incase but I think I will end up keeping only 9 into flower, depending on the size they get.

Unless I can fit 12 but I am not sure there will be enough room if they grow to be full size.

Any suggestions on keeping them around 4 ft? I dont have much room to go up. I was going to top and put up a trellis net come time. Would that be enough?
4ft including the pot I assume? That should be an issue if you don't wait too long. When you flip to flower they will stretch and it will scare you just a heads up. There are methods for reducing stretch but the easiest one is high light intensity and lower temps. (65-75) move lots of air and exchange it with another source, the bigger the better. Closet vs room vs outside air for example. Hope this helps! (Full disclosure I have no formal education so this is my personal experience) 😬

Siz

Siz

1 side of my tent just as lights went on other morning 9 runtz cake from barneys farm here

I have 6 of each strain. I was considering either 6 or 12 what would you do?

The banana has one runt thats not hitting growth. I was thinking since its my first run I should do 12 but im affraid I wont get the yield if I do 6. Also I would be getting rid of an entire strain 🥴

fbsv420

fbsv420

The banana has one runt thats not hitting growth. I was thinking since its my first run I should do 12 but im affraid I wont get the yield if I do 6. Also I would be getting rid of an entire strain 🥴
Depends how long u want to veg for what size is tent i have 1.5x3m with 2 x 120x120cm trays 9 plants on each under 1k hps each side

Reactions: Siz
T

terpscomefirst

PXL 20230130 162535070
I had the same dilemma growing from. Seed. This is 16 plants in two gallon pots in a 3x3 room

Siz

Siz

Okay cool I think I will keep all I dont want to veg for much longer. Maybe a week?

I just checked and my roots are peaking out from the bottoms so I am going to transplant tomorrow or Monday then I want to let them adjust. Should I be waiting until flower to add trellis?

fbsv420

fbsv420

I wouldnt transplant just yet, maybe another 5-7 days, are you feeding once everyday what ppms what nutrients are you using

Siz

Siz

How often do you feed? Some people say feed 1/2 strength every time some people do full strength 2 or 3 days nuts with 1 day water.

Ive been doing 2 on 1 off and I am not at full strength yet. Just upped from 50% to 75% strength.

Advanced support told me to feed everyday with their feed schedule and that seems like way too much.

Top Bottom