New Growers General Chat

• Thread starter CharmCity915
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Basic Buds

Basic Buds

lol ok.. I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I used the Fox Farm Nute Kit with Big Bloom, Grow Big & Tiger Bloom. I used CFL's for lighting at 23w 5000K & 2500K. I added bone meal also
Thanks man, I mixed my soil up from what I could find laying around town. a bit of potting mix, Pete moss and various different soils from work sites, oh and some sand from a playground also! Haha I have no idea what levels are in my mix but they seem to like it next time I will be buying a lot of different products from the shop and mixing up a super soil, might even add in some organic soil mix. Fox farms seem to be the best product on the market, I might also cross over to using them instead of alternative nutes.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Thanks man, I mixed my soil up from what I could find laying around town. a bit of potting mix, Pete moss and various different soils from work sites, oh and some sand from a playground also! Haha I have no idea what levels are in my mix but they seem to like it next time I will be buying a lot of different products from the shop and mixing up a super soil, might even add in some organic soil mix. Fox farms seem to be the best product on the market, I might also cross over to using them instead of alternative nutes.
No way, sand from a playground is awesome lmao.. I also don't know what my levels are at either.. Yea I didn't know anything about what needed to be mixed to have good soil. So I just went with what I kept reading about and beig told its a newbies best friend lol.. I will be switching over to coco for sure on my next one. I got my hands on a 5 gallon bucket that was premixed for me.. I eventually wanna do DWC but I got a long ways before that's gonna happen.. I do love the FF NUTE KIT so I'm sticking with that also.. Plus the new light I'm gonna use.. On the clone Honey Boo Boo I just got, I'm gonna start a journal so this is gonna be cool

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

No way, sand from a playground is awesome lmao.. I also don't know what my levels are at either.. Yea I didn't know anything about what needed to be mixed to have good soil. So I just went with what I kept reading about and beig told its a newbies best friend lol.. I will be switching over to coco for sure on my next one. I got my hands on a 5 gallon bucket that was premixed for me.. I eventually wanna do DWC but I got a long ways before that's gonna happen.. I do love the FF NUTE KIT so I'm sticking with that also.. Plus the new light I'm gonna use.. On the clone Honey Boo Boo I just got, I'm gonna start a journal so this is gonna be cool
Haha yes! Just about everything I have leant, has been from the people of this site I haven't read much into coco, I might just do so today though now you mention it :) DWC looks like a lot of fun, but also a lot of headaches haha.. Definitely get a new thread going once you get your coco up and running mate. I came across a massive ballast yesterday, ill try get a pic tomorrow and tell me what you think. I'm not sure what the specs are (because its from an Op shop), but it looks decent.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Haha yes! Just about everything I have leant, has been from the people of this site I haven't read much into coco, I might just do so today though now you mention it :) DWC looks like a lot of fun, but also a lot of headaches haha.. Definitely get a new thread going once you get your coco up and running mate. I came across a massive ballast yesterday, ill try get a pic tomorrow and tell me what you think. I'm not sure what the specs are (because its from an Op shop), but it looks decent.
One thing I forgot.. Any water I use whether it's from the sink or from a store, I take the cap off and leave it open for atleast 24 hrs

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

One thing I forgot.. Any water I use whether it's from the sink or from a store, I take the cap off and leave it open for atleast 24 hrs
I've been using water straight from the tap and have had no issues as a result.. But I guess there is a lot of factors that come into place (ph levels, type of strain, the soil I used, ect..)
I'm going to try your way and see if there is any change in growth

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I've been using water straight from the tap and have had no issues as a result.. But I guess there is a lot of factors that come into place (ph levels, type of strain, the soil I used, ect..)
I'm going to try your way and see if there is any change in growth
Yea i dont think the water has had any effect on her, or atleast i havent had any problems yet. Now I need to find a new baby so I can drop her in some coco

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

My new clone is really struggling to shake these brown spots though. I had to put Honey Boo Boo back in her dome and chill in some moisture for a bit

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Sorry my memory isn't great today, how old are your clones?
Well I had them 7 babies but when I had to hit the road a buddy didn't know what he was doing and they are gone. So I went and got a new clone of Honey Boo Boo. I've had her for just short of a week now. She's got some serious burn

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Well I had them 7 babies but when I had to hit the road a buddy didn't know what he was doing and they are gone. So I went and got a new clone of Honey Boo Boo. I've had her for just short of a week now. She's got some serious burn
Oh yeah I remember those poor girls, have you heard anything on them since you gave them away? Nice man, I had the Sam spots on mine at the exact sane time period, except I thought mine were a result of nutrients pellets that got caught in the medium mix, maybe it was something else.. Hmmmm.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Oh yeah I remember those poor girls, have you heard anything on them since you gave them away? Nice man, I had the Sam spots on mine at the exact sane time period, except I thought mine were a result of nutrients pellets that got caught in the medium mix, maybe it was something else.. Hmmmm.
Yea I haven't feed her anything besides water. I backed off on watering because I thought maybe she was over watered. I'm gonna hold off on any nutes for her first 30 days with me.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

The day I gave em away they had some serious wilt. I'm gonna find out how they are though

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

So just clip parts of the leaf off that are brown?
All the tips except the smaller leafs. Only clip like a cm off though, you don't have to go overboard like some people do lol. Yeah it will great to hear they are doing great again, plants have feeling too man hahaha! Post a pic up after you clip the clone

Top Bottom