New Warehouse Build And Grow

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

Agreed, when controlling grow costs I went from MH to T-5 for veg a few years back and have never looked back.
There awesome I'm running these new 3ft sunmaster t5 with nanotech reflector it's a single unit tube with reflector but they can be daisy chained together so can have upto 8 units on 1 plug/ timer there super light weight and come with various fixings for diffrent aplications. :)

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

T5's only run on 120v if you are trying to save amps you are working backwards. 120v uses double the amps. So lets compare a 6 bulb t5 to a 600w m/h@240v. T5 uses 2.7 amps. a 600w @240 uses 2.5 amps. So a t5 is actually less efficient and whoever thinks a 6 bulb t5 is as intense of light as a 600w should try putting one in a flower room and see how dense your buds are. Rooting Clones is a different story you can get away with a single bulb t5 and you will be good but try and veg 400 seeds under single bulb t5 fixtures and let me know how far it gets anyone.

mancdank

mancdank

T5's only run on 120v if you are trying to save amps you are working backwards. 120v uses double the amps. So lets compare a 6 bulb t5 to a 600w m/h@240v. T5 uses 2.7 amps. a 600w @240 uses 2.5 amps. So a t5 is actually less efficient and whoever thinks a 6 bulb t5 is as intense of light as a 600w should try putting one in a flower room and see how dense your buds are. Rooting Clones is a different story you can get away with a single bulb t5 and you will be good but try and veg 400 seeds under single bulb t5 fixtures and let me know how far it gets anyone.
No bro mine are 230v and like I said if u took the time to read it these daisy chain together also not a single mention of flowering them under t5 so I don't know why u would throw that in there either. As I stated I veg under t5 and have found this to be the best method that suits me :)

velocity

velocity

Know the gear and what works for you. Looks like your about to let it loose. Mmmmm can't wait to see the shaved legs, and if the carpet matches the drapes.

Insulation seemed to be the struggle. Look into ROXUL. If buy the sound deadner it is what alot use in hi end home theaters and in fire code walls in construction projects. Ironic thing is its rockwool. Will not attract mold to it because there is no paper, and it will not produce a flame because it does not combust. Yes the box stores have it.

If want to go the xtra mile with plastic on the studs to seal a room tight, run a bead of acustic sealant on the laps. That will seal the laps tight with a non drying type of sealant that is plastic freindly. Don't forget to run a bead on the studs aswell so the staples are sealed off when they penatrate the plastic sheet.

Last edited:
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Sup everyone! It's been a busy last few days with trying to get ready for a little vacation to Tahoe for the 4th and construction. I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!!!! Here's a couple shots from my last grow...

Aliendawg F1

Sour D AJ's cut

Wifi OG seeds from original release

Wifi OG original seed release

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

The first t5 I ever had said it could run on 240 and I searched for ever trying to find others. The hydro stores all sell 120v. I know the commercial fixtures are 240v but they don't really have a reflector for horticulture. I had a bunch of the singles that Daisy chained together and I used them over the Cloners with good success.
The t5 in a flower room was kinda a comparison. If a t5 put out equivalent light you would be able to use them in flower but they don't produce much for the amps they use. U can veg good with t5s but I never seen equivalent results in the same time frame
I think maybe a topic for another place could be veg room efficiency. How many square feet can you light with how many amps/watts with what kind of growth rates.

mancdank

mancdank

The first t5 I ever had said it could run on 240 and I searched for ever trying to find others. The hydro stores all sell 120v. I know the commercial fixtures are 240v but they don't really have a reflector for horticulture. I had a bunch of the singles that Daisy chained together and I used them over the Cloners with good success.
The t5 in a flower room was kinda a comparison. If a t5 put out equivalent light you would be able to use them in flower but they don't produce much for the amps they use. U can veg good with t5s but I never seen equivalent results in the same time frame
I think maybe a topic for another place could be veg room efficiency. How many square feet can you light with how many amps/watts with what kind of growth rates.
These are what I'm talking about and yes they are 230v because if they wasn't they wouldn't work I veg with these right upto flip maybe give em a day or 2 in the main room before. They are massively cost effect compared to pretty much anything else on the market for veg :) as I've said in the previous 2 comments these come with a nano reflector they also come with a power lead with a plug on it and a power lead for if u want to daisy chain them. There absolutely tried and tested and are amazing of u wanna keep burning big 600s metal halide or not with a massively over sized veg area that's your call for me personally I like the veg room as small as possible and any other extra room for flower but each to there own I guess :)

Screenshot 2016 07 02 18 20 12
Screenshot 2016 07 02 18 21 01
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

The bigger your veg space the quicker the flip. I don't know how you say a 5 x 20 is massively oversized. A veg room is relative to a flower room. This guy is talking about building a 12x20 veg room so you must think he is really crazy
Anyhow to each their own I think we are hijacking this thread. If the weed grows then I guess your doing good

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Sup guys. I've been laid up in the hospital with a ruptured large intestine for 3 days now. They are sending me home in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can get to the warehouse with some help to make some progress this week. I'm starting to fall really behind schedule as of now.

mancdank

mancdank

Sup guys. I've been laid up in the hospital with a ruptured large intestine for 3 days now. They are sending me home in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can get to the warehouse with some help to make some progress this week. I'm starting to fall really behind schedule as of now.
Health is #1 there's always another day for the g room :) hope all is well

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks for the kind words guys. It feels good to feel normal again! Mostly... Lol.

Hey so how do you guys feel about using OSB in place of drywall? Seems like a much easier and faster route to go... I would still coat it with KILZ just like I would drywall....

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

Oh also the doc let me out a bit early yesterday soI shot up to the Chalice and picked up a few goodies to play with
I'm a big fan of exotic genetics I've just run 4 of there strains and all were awesome your guna have some fun pheno hunting with them. Best bit of advice I can give u is make sure u take a cut of every bean that sprouts and don't give up on it until u smoke it :)

mancdank

mancdank

I'm a big fan of exotic genetics I've just run 4 of there strains and all were awesome your guna have some fun pheno hunting with them. Best bit of advice I can give u is make sure u take a cut of every bean that sprouts and don't give up on it until u smoke it :)
Here's some choc covered strawbs put things into perspective on what the frost is like on the starfighter x's

20160610 182924
Screenshot 2016 06 10 18 30 06
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
The Starfighter was a frost bomb for sure. I was one of the original pack holders of the Starfighter that Alien gifted me along with every other creation he practically made lol. I've simce lost all of those beans due to a crazy ex wife. You live and learn lol.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Anyone have any thoughts on the OSB in place of drywall? From my own thoughts I see no ill effects of its sealed properly...

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Anyone have any thoughts on the OSB in place of drywall? From my own thoughts I see no ill effects of its sealed properly...
I work in the commercial industrial industry. I cringe every Time I see it being used in any application. I've seen it primed, painted, coated and sealed over the years and I've seen it fail in all those application. Over time moisture destroys it and it either starts molding or it just disintegrates. Nothing beats plain old plywood or Sheetrock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom