Newbie Og Kush Grow

• Thread starter Megalith1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Megalith1

Megalith1

Only gone and snapped one of the tops on the plant ....it didn't completely come of so I have tried to hold it together with a plaster and hope it fuses back but I'm doubtful scrap that it just fell off while taking photo

Megalith1

Megalith1

So the first week of flower has gone smooth and she hasn't stretched as much as anticipated temps and rh are still within range and she seems to have enjoyed the slight raise in nutrient strength
20170522 090042
20170522 090252

Funk junky

Funk junky

next time better to tape up maybe splint then tape, then photo they heal pretty well if wound not to bad and the affected part don't move. depends on how many lead branches you have its normally in the eye of the grower once he know how a certain plant grows then instinct takes over! I took my neighbours dog to park last week I learned this dog is not suitable to being without a lead after 4 hours looking for the fucker. dogs plants humans all individual except when clone, but then is individual but lots of exactly same individual, your fondness for this particular individual is only reason you replicate.(plus breeding tool)

Megalith1

Megalith1

Day 9 since flip to 12/12 all is good , the stretch is going ok and she's staying a reasonable height so going to slowly drop rh to 40-50% over next couple of weeks
20170524 075439
20170524 075501
20170524 075521

Megalith1

Megalith1

Looking real nice especially for a first grow
Thanks for the compliment
I already know that next go round I'm going with a higher watt led and will be more in tune with training ECT.....i got auto power plant ,auto cheese
Feminised ak47/northern lights
Feminised girl scout cookie
Feminised NYC diesel/of kush
Just can't decide what 1 or 2 to do

Funk junky

Funk junky

When you do the autos don't top them and I start in final pots, either that or fabric pots then you just pot up by putting the whole pot inside another. Avoids transplant shock. And they don't have enough life span to recover from topping you will yield less

Megalith1

Megalith1

When you do the autos don't top them and I start in final pots, either that or fabric pots then you just pot up by putting the whole pot inside another. Avoids transplant shock. And they don't have enough life span to recover from topping you will yield less
I did read that so decided when I do the two autos i will just tie down as for the normal seeds I will do all bar 1 in soil then I want to try a dwc (once I know I can grow quality) as at the moment quantity is not my aim as I'm happy with 1-2oz for now (rather a little bit of quality over shitloads of sub standard bud)

Megalith1

Megalith1

Gave the lady a drink today 3 litre of very lightly nuted water ....
She's stretched well and even the one snapped had grown two lol 11 days into flower
20170526 094323
20170526 094303

Funk junky

Funk junky

stretch will slow down then tops will start towering. will give you insight to how it grows. but you don't want loads of bud sites getting no light down bellow. I think will be fine

Funk junky

Funk junky

yes but be careful if you look what your plant has done it has magnified itself should be able to judge from that. I do a bit but not much but there are a few moderaters that chop for while will see if I can find thread again when have mo. argueing with my missus at mo

Funk junky

Funk junky

would be safe to take of spindly stuff at bottom of first few sets of branches that wont get light

Funk junky

Funk junky

good way to try and understand it is every budding site is a branch tip where ever you get a leaf node you will also get a branch tip. now still in veg that branch tip will grow then form node for more leaf then branch tip this is infinite till flower. but that stretch for first couple of weeks is a trasition( happens more pronounced from a small plant from seed the stretch especialy b4 preflower). so any tip down bellow if it aint happy gonna strectch use its energy to get round to prime spot probably ending up in spindly branch. I normaly concentrate on just a few strong branches cause every bract new growth. you will understand more when you watch that first grow but remember that is this plant not all strains grow same. but not sure if my first or second grow was as dialled in as yours{ fautey light first shot} plus I probably over fed. but if that is first attempt would like to see what happened if you got hands really dirty. I aint shitting you they look at correct feeding more nutes don't give you bigger buds just chokes em. if you don't believe me go have ten big macs. way I look at is half glass full you are only guarding off deficiencys. I am only going from trial and error so you might run into a few cats that can expand your knowledge further. baby steps man rome weren't built in day. peace have good bank holliday

Megalith1

Megalith1

good way to try and understand it is every budding site is a branch tip where ever you get a leaf node you will also get a branch tip. now still in veg that branch tip will grow then form node for more leaf then branch tip this is infinite till flower. but that stretch for first couple of weeks is a trasition( happens more pronounced from a small plant from seed the stretch especialy b4 preflower). so any tip down bellow if it aint happy gonna strectch use its energy to get round to prime spot probably ending up in spindly branch. I normaly concentrate on just a few strong branches cause every bract new growth. you will understand more when you watch that first grow but remember that is this plant not all strains grow same. but not sure if my first or second grow was as dialled in as yours{ fautey light first shot} plus I probably over fed. but if that is first attempt would like to see what happened if you got hands really dirty. I aint shitting you they look at correct feeding more nutes don't give you bigger buds just chokes em. if you don't believe me go have ten big macs. way I look at is half glass full you are only guarding off deficiencys. I am only going from trial and error so you might run into a few cats that can expand your knowledge further. baby steps man rome weren't built in day. peace have good bank holliday
Thanks man ...i really appreciate the feedback and hope you have a good bank holiday to

Top Bottom