• Thread starter Dusted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Well u have a few choices, i bought a 2 cycle 600w led light, a viperspecta reflector at a bit under $200 but all i use it 4 is veg i allso have a California light works cob 110w bloom booster witch cost $500 but a good investment, you can go old school, Grow Ace has tons of mh & hps lights with bulbs and ballast to boot a 600w one cost $179 and i was seriously considering buying one the problem is they throw off a lot of heat not conducive in summer unless u can really control ur environment, but they are now dirt cheap bc everyone wants led, the Chinese light is a good veg light no doubt but a lousy flower light hence the 110w cob, this works for me fine so i ended up spending about $800 4 both my rigs this is cheap as the light i really want is $3.000 but like Mick said u cant allways get what u want, anyway i would steer clear of Amozon and go to a real grow site, allso u may b able to find something on E Bay as they do sell pretty much everything, i bought a 4×4 hydro crunch tent from home depo a good quality tent realy at under $200 but thats just the tent not fans and stuff, you can blow alot or improvise, i think allot of people here improvise in some way but if it works it works thats the point good luck stay safe.

Just curious, why do you recommend to stay off of amazon?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Being able to change those kessils from blue to red to purple throughout the different photoperiods has to be incredibly useful. I wonder if anyone on the farm has used them.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just curious, why do you recommend to stay off of amazon?

I'm interested in his answer too. I do shop Amazon but not for everything. It all depends on what I am looking for. If it's because they are currently prioritizing essential items I would understand. It might take some time before you receive it.

Dusted

Dusted

Hey everyone how are you hope all is well
Ya got a lisence to grow 244 but I am a big pot head and my whole family everyone splitting the cost and will be making a lot of rosin and edibles so even 244 plants goes fast in this case
I will probably go with 301 b then will use for 1 1/2 year and switch up with new tech that I know forsure will be coming out led is exploding now for grows I think there will be a new wave of tech and exactly I’m not watering the lights I’ll just be more careful and have good venting
I’m in Canada and the dollar is garbage now and shipping is retarded for 36 lights 1200$ us wtf

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ya got a lisence to grow 244 but I am a big pot head and my whole family everyone splitting the cost and will be making a lot of rosin and edibles so even 244 plants goes fast in this case
I will probably go with 301 b then will use for 1 1/2 year and switch up with new tech that I know forsure will be coming out led is exploding now for grows I think there will be a new wave of tech and exactly I’m not watering the lights I’ll just be more careful and have good venting
I’m in Canada and the dollar is garbage now and shipping is retarded for 36 lights 1200$ us wtf

I've been told that shipping costs from China have gone way up. Makes sense. Dangerous world right now. Delivery companies want more money right now because of the risks.

Dusted

Dusted

You guys think I could go with this for both veg and bloom
855FDB8B 3F5C 4F41 AB65 0AF681CE4F67

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You guys think I could go with this for both veg and bloom
View attachment 956671
I am using a straight 3500k board right now and they are flowering just fine. I'll take pictures tonight when the lights come on. They flower fine, but I'm also in early flower. Not quite 2 weeks since I flipped to 12/12.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Does the IR make a big diff
I bought the IR + UV because I have heard it makes a difference. I have not used it yet in my grow. Those boards should be arriving next week.

Last edited:
MikeZ

MikeZ

Hi guys thank you very much for the reply’s I really apreciate it
So I did not start of properly
I have grown before but been a while and did it with hps now I want to go led for power consumption and because of heat also was thinking because I only have 7 foot ceilings with a hps I would have less head room led could get closer to ceiling
In the room I have there is 2 separate rooms of 10 by 10 also a bathroom of
5 by 5 and have another space of 3 by 7 which I was thinking of making baby’s
I would like to have it on a small rotation beetween the rooms not to have it all one shot
what would you guys suggest I do with the space I have and will hps be ok with low ceilings should I grow see of green style
I really have a lot of questions and would appreciate all the help possible
I’m also a contractor so I could get it all done myself I got a medical lisence for 244 plants
Thanks again for all the help in advance have a good one
Is that 244 flowering or all together?

MikeZ

MikeZ

I'm interested in his answer too. I do shop Amazon but not for everything. It all depends on what I am looking for. If it's because they are currently prioritizing essential items I would understand. It might take some time before you receive it.
It only took 3 days to get my light on Amazon and I ordered a tent 2 days prior that came 3 days after light the light.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
If I could get out of the country I would come and help out for room and board LOL... and medicine of course!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It only took 3 days to get my light on Amazon and I ordered a tent 2 days prior that came 3 days after light the light.

Was this order placed recently? Amazon has like in the last week or so announced this.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Was this order placed recently? Amazon has like in the last week or so announced this.

The quantum board I bought had a arrival date of june 22nd. But it shipped tuesday, and tracking just showed that its coming from Shenzhen, and not the US like hes advertising.........................................................................................that sucks but i guess well see how quick it moves

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Here in the good ol US
Me too, and where I am at isn't nearly as bad as the SE part of the state. But we're under a shelter in place order. My nephew from Indiana wanted to come up today. Celebrate his 21st birthday ... told him he could do recreational on his own but I'm not letting anyone in and I'm not leaving the house.

Top Bottom