• Thread starter Dusted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Unless the 301b are the same y not save

3000 is better for flower, 3500 is better suited for veg but will work for both. Try not to sweat the small stuff too much, any one of those and you will be off to a great start.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

3000 is better suited for flower but is still solid for veg. 3500k or 4000k are more suited for veg.

301b is almost exactly the same apart from the units of measurement and the anti-sulphurization coating applied. Yes you could save money getting the 301b's but its also possible that you damage the unit by exposing it to sulphur through some of your nutrients in the future. There are other rumors but that is effectively what information we currently know as FACT.

I may be shot for saying this but you could potentially make a sealed perspex cover to avoid these issues and it would increase the water rating of the fixture BUT you will probably fuck the light spectrum.

so basically. Yes you can save money and get the 301b and it will be essentially the same BUT it may also cost you in the long run.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

3000 is better suited for flower but is still solid for veg. 3500k or 4000k are more suited for veg.

301b is almost exactly the same apart from the units of measurement and the anti-sulphurization coating applied. Yes you could save money getting the 301b's but its also possible that you damage the unit by exposing it to sulphur through some of your nutrients in the future. There are other rumors but that is effectively what information we currently know as FACT.

I may be shot for saying this but you could potentially make a sealed perspex cover to avoid these issues and it would increase the water rating of the fixture BUT you will probably fuck the light spectrum.

so basically. Yes you can save money and get the 301b and it will be essentially the same BUT it may also cost you in the long run.

Different people have different opinions about this .... 3000k = flower. 3500k = veg/flower, 4000k = veg

3000k light will cause more stretch, 4000k will keep the plants more stout and compact. Obviously 3500K is in the middle .... but ALL those lights will allow flowering in 12/12.

As for sulfer? Not worried ... I don't water my lights. lol

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Ah well, I could have saved myself on getting 301b's but I thought I better not take the risk while im changing to new tech. samsung will probably release new diodes shortly again anyways.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ah well, I could have saved myself on getting 301b's but I thought I better not take the risk while im changing to new tech. samsung will probably release new diodes shortly again anyways.

Not sure when ... but you can count on it ...

MikeZ

MikeZ

H everyone hope all is well in these crazy days
I was just starting to grow and would like to know what lights should go with been looking at led but don’t have a huge budget any of those lights on amazon any good and what kind of coverage does led have
My ceiling are 7 foot high and have a space of 35 by 22 with 2 separate rooms in this space
If anyone could help with suggestions I would apreciate it
Thank you
Electric bill would be insane

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Electric bill would be insane

He's got a license to grow I think he said 244 plants. True, the electric bill will be high, but this isn't a home grow. It's a "for profit" business and I'm sure that he's hoping that once things get going his revenue will cover everything and give him some money to live on. I shared how my nephew struggled to pay $1000 electric bills when he was starting out. There's a lot of money going out before any starts coming in.

He's aware, and should be fine if he's planned that into things.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I thought you were LED @THCMonster I must be getting you confused with another member. Do you remember who was talking about the tune-able spectrum LED's where you can alter the spectrum without losing light intensity. They are "high end" even in commercial lighting.

@Dusted Many possibilities that only you and your wallet can decide.

I use these for my corals...I think they even make them bigger.. You can change the spectrum without losing power on these. Kessil is super high end. I know for sure the red is 660nm

MikeZ

MikeZ

He's got a license to grow I think he said 244 plants. True, the electric bill will be high, but this isn't a home grow. It's a "for profit" business and I'm sure that he's hoping that once things get going his revenue will cover everything and give him some money to live on. I shared how my nephew struggled to pay $1000 electric bills when he was starting out. There's a lot of money going out before any starts coming in.

He's aware, and should be fine if he's planned that into things.
Damn I need a license quit my day job.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You can change the spectrum without losing power on these.

That's what I have heard. Eventually the technology will fall into my price range. Those tuneable LEDs have piqued my interest.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

100 bucks or less used... Theres a pretty big secondary market from coral reef hobbyists that get frustrated and pack it up

Interesting. I will have to take a look....

There's a distributor in town here .... good to know even if non essential businesses are currently not open. When the virus passes and income is back to normal I will head over and check them out.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Interesting. I will have to take a look....

There's a distributor in town here .... good to know even if non essential businesses are currently not open. When the virus passes and income is back to normal I will head over and check them out.
the good thing about kessil is they specialize in marine.. so the lights are going to be sealed and durable to prevent from damage from salt creep... I have never had one go bad on me.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

the good thing about kessil is they specialize in marine.. so the lights are going to be sealed and durable to prevent from damage from salt creep... I have never had one go bad on me.

It would be supplemental lighting in my case. I didn't see pricing on the website. Do you know how much the 350w tuna - sun model runs?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Less than I thought. Can't do it now, but certainly good to know .....

Like I mentioned... I have a couple over a tank now... also can control by smartphone which is cool... I wonder if it would be a better idea to run 3000/3500k boards all white with these instead of adding far reds

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Well u have a few choices, i bought a 2 cycle 600w led light, a viperspecta reflector at a bit under $200 but all i use it 4 is veg i allso have a California light works cob 110w bloom booster witch cost $500 but a good investment, you can go old school, Grow Ace has tons of mh & hps lights with bulbs and ballast to boot a 600w one cost $179 and i was seriously considering buying one the problem is they throw off a lot of heat not conducive in summer unless u can really control ur environment, but they are now dirt cheap bc everyone wants led, the Chinese light is a good veg light no doubt but a lousy flower light hence the 110w cob, this works for me fine so i ended up spending about $800 4 both my rigs this is cheap as the light i really want is $3.000 but like Mick said u cant allways get what u want, anyway i would steer clear of Amozon and go to a real grow site, allso u may b able to find something on E Bay as they do sell pretty much everything, i bought a 4×4 hydro crunch tent from home depo a good quality tent realy at under $200 but thats just the tent not fans and stuff, you can blow alot or improvise, i think allot of people here improvise in some way but if it works it works thats the point good luck stay safe.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Well u have a few choices, i bought a 2 cycle 600w led light, a viperspecta reflector at a bit under $200 but all i use it 4 is veg i allso have a California light works cob 110w bloom booster witch cost $500 but a good investment, you can go old school, Grow Ace has tons of mh & hps lights with bulbs and ballast to boot a 600w one cost $179 and i was seriously considering buying one the problem is they throw off a lot of heat not conducive in summer unless u can really control ur environment, but they are now dirt cheap bc everyone wants led, the Chinese light is a good veg light no doubt but a lousy flower light hence the 110w cob, this works for me fine so i ended up spending about $800 4 both my rigs this is cheap as the light i really want is $3.000 but like Mick said u cant allways get what u want, anyway i would steer clear of Amozon and go to a real grow site, allso u may b able to find something on E Bay as they do sell pretty much everything, i bought a 4×4 hydro crunch tent from home depo a good quality tent realy at under $200 but thats just the tent not fans and stuff, you can blow alot or improvise, i think allot of people here improvise in some way but if it works it works thats the point good luck stay safe.

For the hobby grower, DIY and ingenuity is one of the best things we have. We don't have the funds for things sometimes but we find a way to make something work the way we want it to. I also have enough unused lights to fill up a closet. I'm using some 4' t-8 LEDs right now to start my summer vegetable garden. I have some in use in my tents but several that aren't and I thought this would be a good way to get some use out of it.

Top Bottom