NFL Pre Season Smack Talk Thread

• Thread starter ReelBusy1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smoke1sun

Im thinking Mcnabb will finally do the right thing, and get the hell out of philli, they've shitted on him for to long.

U

uefear

Jags > Dolphins

Lets see this revamped o line and revamped d line. Lots of new guys on d and lots of new receivers. Can't wait to see what happens.

Gotta pull for my home team haha

K

koopa troopa

the dolphins are sick as hell.

vick is gonna be sick. who is the safety replacing dawkins? i can see another underdog getting the NFC championship this year though.

new england is shifty on keeping personel for more than short stints. they are definitely not the superbowl calibre team with a lot of weapons being dispersed throughout the league. yes they do have a good shot though. welker had more yards than moss which is sad for moss, but the dude is a great WR getting his moment.

K

koopa troopa

nice aussie. now the box opens up and teams have to do extra work to control favre, AP, and harvin.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I am no hater, unless you are talking about the bears or the vikings that is.

KAL EL

KAL EL

Is this about winning, or is this about payback?

I already know what Brett Favre's answer will be. He'll say his latest unretirement is about winning. He'll say it's about a quest for another Super Bowl. He'll say it's about the Vikings' terrific defense and the opportunity to work with an explosive weapon like Adrian Peterson.

And I say, bunk.

No matter what comes out of "Brat" Favre's mouth -- and by now, we should know he's a consummate double-talker -- returning to the Vikings is largely about sticking it to the Packers one mo' time.

Favre is like the ex-girlfriend who got dumped and, instead of just getting over it like a mature human being, tries to show up the old boyfriend by wooing one of his friends -- the one who just so happens to speak four languages and has biceps as wide as an interstate freeway.

This is not to say the strength of the Vikings team wasn't a factor in Favre's second comeback. At age 39, Favre would have been a complete fool to involve himself with a rebuilding team. The Vikings are a legitimate passing game away from being a serious Super Bowl contender -- and Favre is thought to be the missing piece. And although Vikings coach Brad Childress said all the right words in supporting soon-to-be-irrelevant quarterbacks Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson after Favre spurned the Vikings in July, you knew deep down Childress had eyes for only Favre.

But don't be fooled by Favre's act of sincerity, because he snowed the Jets, too. Favre told the Jets his return to football was all about helping the team. But that wasn't the complete truth, either. Favre came to the Jets under similar circumstances. He was touted as the final ingredient, but the Jets were the ones left with a bitter taste.

Favre treated them as though they should have been thankful they were allowed to share oxygen with him. He purposely remained an outsider most of his time in New York. According to a report in Newsday, his teammates claimed that Favre spent most of his time in an office designated just for him, instead of the locker room.

Classic Brat.

The Jets' 2008 season concluded with a disastrous stretch run -- they lost four of their last five games, with Favre throwing two touchdowns and nine interceptions during that stretch. He finished the season with a league-high 22 picks. And in his final game with the Jets, Favre tossed three interceptions, which understandably did not endear him to his teammates.

"You can't turn the ball over and expect to win," running back Thomas Jones said after the Jets' embarrassing Week 17 loss to Miami and former jilted Jet Chad Pennington. "If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game. You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team."

Favre's shoulder injury certainly played a role in his poor play, but judging by Favre's behavior with the Jets, he ran out of gas because his revenge tank was on empty. He wanted to play football, but he wanted to hurt the Packers even more. And once Favre realized that playing for the Jets wouldn't provide the get-back he craved, he folded.

If Favre really was on the up-and-up, why did he ask the Jets to release him at the end of the season?

Favre has been plotting against the Packers with Jason Bourne-like precision. You don't decide to have shoulder surgery if you have no intention of playing. And in February when Favre spoke at length with ESPN's Ed Werder, it was clear he was still under the spell of eau de revenge.

Favre told Werder he was still "a little peeved" about the way general manager Ted Thompson dismissed him from the Packers.

A little?

"There was part of me that wanted to stick it to 'em," Favre admitted. "What was probably most disappointing about the whole thing is [being told], 'We don't want you to play here, but we don't want you to play for a certain team.' That made me mad. If I'm not good enough to play here, let me play somewhere where it might be against you. But I'm not good enough, so don't worry about it."

Favre also revealed he kept tabs on the Packers and wanted to outdo them. And you thought Alex Forrest was bad.

"I'd be a fool if I was not aware of what we were doing versus them," Favre said. "I wanted us to do better."

Does that sound like someone who will be returning to football for the right reasons?

I understand that revenge is a dish best served cold, but in Favre's case, his thirst for revenge is practically frozen. As long as Favre remains obsessed with Green Bay, these unretirements will yield poor results constantly.

The Packers have moved on with Aaron Rodgers, and Thompson probably is laughing his head off because Favre's return means the Packers will have virtually no pressure.

Meanwhile, if the Vikings don't reach expectations, they will be branded colossal failures. The fact that Favre reportedly wanted to return only if he didn't have to go through a full training camp -- he has no interest in being prepared, but he's expected to win? -- doesn't bode well.

This stop in Minnesota seems destined to diminish Favre's legacy, and I wonder whether Childress will wind up unemployed just like Favre's other friend, Eric Mangini.

Jemele Hill can be reached at [email protected].

I think this article sums it up well.

K

koopa troopa

let's get this straight. we won the division with gus frerotte who was late late 30's and t-jack... the pack had rodgers and he came up short. why is no one questioning his ability to play? the only formidable foe in the north is the pack for the vikes this year. with favre's presence i know our team will have boosted morale and the division is locked up. now for the conference champs, i think the eagles have a decent run at it.

P

poedizzle

all i have to say is fuck tavaris jackson! that dumb cant throw for shit, THANK GOD WE GOT FARVE, shit if it were my team id be starting booty, that dude can throw, straight up, but what do i know, peace
~POE~

K

koopa troopa

POE, jackson only threw 1 INT and 4 tds in the last 4 games. that's not bad stats. the pass he threw to asante samuel killed our chances against the eagles. you would start booty? over sage?

G

GROHARD

Favre on the Vikings is gonna make a huge difference! Defenses will no longer be able to overload the box in an attempt to contain "AllDay"! I will go out on a limb and say he will go for 2 thouWow rushing with the addition of #4 & Percy Harvin.

Enough of that let's talk about my team, the NY Giants! Yeah baby, we may be short on a #1 wideout but with that defense, it won't really matter! Lol The Giants may have quite possibly put together the greatest defensive line in NFL history!!!

P

poedizzle

POE, jackson only threw 1 INT and 4 tds in the last 4 games. that's not bad stats. the pass he threw to asante samuel killed our chances against the eagles. you would start booty? over sage?

to be honost i watched him in college and he is a GOOD qb, to be honost I think if he had the OPPORTUNITY he would be just as good if not better than sage, Yea T jack maybe only had one int and 4 tds but i went to the first three games he played in last year and he was rediciclous!!! to be honost he played like a high school qb on opening night, The ONLY reason we did what we did last year is because of Ap, all farrote had to do is manage the game and we would win and when he did, we did, tavaris couldnt even do that, now thats not fair the last 4 games were vs the Lions, airzona, atlanta (was at that game) and the giants, and to be fair he did ok, we lost the atlanta game i believe we won the airzona game and the only reason we won the giants was on a feild goal and they really didnt try, Tavaris just needs to THINK before he does stupid shit,

your ass would be so fired. start Booty? If i played fantasy football I would want you as my opponent. :smiley_joint:

Booty hasent had a chance to show himself and when he does, i seriously think he could be a starter, watch some of his college games, he is DANK!!! peace
~POE~

P

poedizzle

Favre on the Vikings is gonna make a huge difference! Defenses will no longer be able to overload the box in an attempt to contain "AllDay"! I will go out on a limb and say he will go for 2 thouWow rushing with the addition of #4 & Percy Harvin.

Enough of that let's talk about my team, the NY Giants! Yeah baby, we may be short on a #1 wideout but with that defense, it won't really matter! Lol The Giants may have quite possibly put together the greatest defensive line in NFL history!!!

With the addition of farve we actually have a qb that they will play that has talent as a qb, im not saying that T jack isent atheltic he just makes STUPID desisions, and i would WAY rather have sage over him ANYDAY, but now with the threat that we can actually throw the ball they cant load the box like you said and they will have to worry about berrian, harvin, rice, wade, and watch out for johnson, he will be a threat too just you watch, and with AP and Taylor, along with out decent d, we will be a superbowl caliber team, not saying that we will win, we will get there and choke like always but we will get there, you can quote me on it,

K

koopa troopa

yo POE, you seem to know your vikes. jaymar johnson is supposed to be real good, says cris carter. if cris says he is legit, then he probably is. also folks, keep an eye on visanthe shiancoe. i'm sure you guys saw his dick on the news when they were filming in the locker room. they interviewed him days after the segment had aired and he asked the reporters, "did you like it?". with 8 TDs last year, he's on his way to become an elite TE.

K

koopa troopa

yo aussie did you catch the vikes vs chiefs game? did you see shiancoe catch that TD from t-jack? i know ppl talk smack about t-jack but he was 12-15, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs. each year he gets better and better.

P

poedizzle

yo POE, you seem to know your vikes. jaymar johnson is supposed to be real good, says cris carter. if cris says he is legit, then he probably is. also folks, keep an eye on visanthe shiancoe. i'm sure you guys saw his dick on the news when they were filming in the locker room. they interviewed him days after the segment had aired and he asked the reporters, "did you like it?". with 8 TDs last year, he's on his way to become an elite TE.

Shianco has came thru in MANY clutch plays for the vikes, and yes koopa i do know my vikes, I will be going to the cowboys game on sept 4, it should be fun! Got some DANK ASS TICKETS for cheap! And yea i would say johnson is gonna be the guy no body wactches or covers and gets the big plays cause no one is covering him thru the first half of the season, Koopa im not gonna get on here and start making statements unless i know what i am talking about, im not like that, Nice win again vikes!! Cant wait to see next game!

yo aussie did you catch the vikes vs chiefs game? did you see shiancoe catch that TD from t-jack? i know ppl talk smack about t-jack but he was 12-15, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs. each year he gets better and better.
dude im not saying hes not good, im saying he doesent make smart desisions or plays,
peace
~POE~

K

koopa troopa

i think with favre being here, t-jack feels some pressure. shiancoe's catch was dirty as hell for a TE. a sick catch is a sick catch any day of the week.

Top Bottom