No Till By Organikz

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I ordered some spider mite hunters. I saw a couple on a bud here and there. I am keeping it a little cooler in the grow room until the predators arrive. They should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.
I have a triple threat nematode pack coming in the next few days, bye bye fungus gnats, sorry springtails but you'll have to go too...

Organikz

Organikz

I have a triple threat nematode pack coming in the next few days, bye bye fungus gnats, sorry springtails but you'll have to go too...
I only deployed fungus gnat destroyers. Wish I saw a good triple threat. I also run spinosad from time to time. I use captn jack.

I see a leafy thick cover crop in my future. I know guys that like using chocolate mint. It's a great creeper and mite deterrent!

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

I've hit fattening stage. I lowered the light since raising it didnt cause any stretch. Damn cmh...lol. i also put a cardboard insert with orca film to keep that light in.

Here's what I'm confused about...bloom period is an interpretation it seems. When is it officially the start of flower?

Start 12/12
Start stretch
Or start budlets?

I'm day 18 from first budlet.

Farmer P

Farmer P

That's a good question. I've been wondering the same thing. I count from the day I flipped the light to 12/12. I usually don't see a flower until about day 17. I've seen many grows on here where they say this is day 12 or 14 ect. and they already have good size flowers. Either I suck or they are counting from the day when they first see a flower. I guess it could also be strain dependent, but I've grown quite a few different strains and always about day 17 from flip until flower formation.

TheRemer

TheRemer

That's a good question. I've been wondering the same thing. I count from the day I flipped the light to 12/12. I usually don't see a flower until about day 17. I've seen many grows on here where they say this is day 12 or 14 ect. and they already have good size flowers. Either I suck or they are counting from the day when they first see a flower. I guess it could also be strain dependent, but I've grown quite a few different strains and always about day 17 from flip until flower formation.
I count from the day I change their light cycle.

Organikz

Organikz

Looks like they'll be done for sure in about 3 or 4 weeks. The cmh kicks them through a little faster so idk yet. Still adjusting to finishing with the cmh.

Organikz

Organikz

I have been slacking on getting my geopot planter up and going due to not getting a minute off work and not being exhausted. I've decided to take an R&R week and closed my company to emergency service only for the week.

Haven't even had personal time to do the work around the house much less the grow room. I just finally mulched my front yard.

I need to get my room prepped and my geopot set and filled. That's happening today. I will have to build a plastic partition in my grow room to prevent dusting my buds with carpet fiber. lol. Here's my to do list for today.

1. build plastic dust barrier partition
  2. move all my crap out of the way (extra light fixtures etc)
  3. pull the carpet and glue down my rubber membrane
  4. set my geopot and get to mixing
  5. i'm going to fill it and get cover crop going before i do anything.
but before anything i have to work on this cup of joe and a bowl pack of some sour diesel!

Organikz

Organikz

@DrMcSkunkins I even used my stack shelves. Now I know you truly love me. I am safe now thanks to you sir. I may be a little over the top but I do thank you for the suggestion...strange thing is it fit perfectly...now to mix soil to fill this...idk lol

20170705 143641
20170705 151935
20170705 152004
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
@DrMcSkunkins I even used my stack shelves. Now I know you truly love me. I am safe now thanks to you sir. I may be a little over the top but I do thank you for the suggestion...strange thing is it fit perfectly...now to mix soil to fill this...idk lol
I'd put a cover on that outlet before it meets some splash from a watering and shorts out.

Organikz

Organikz

My dream would be to run 2 of these with 4x315w.

Let's see what I can do with this and I'll figure it out. May run a cmh on both sides with an hps in the middle.

Organikz

Organikz

Well guys I got some new info from Clackamas coot. No need to buy silica anymore!

He just emailed this message.

"I figured out how to use soapnuts to emulsify neem so now we can say goodbye to liquid silica products.

I put 1/4 cup soapnuts ground up into a jar with about 24 ounces of hot water. Soaked overnight.

In another jar, I added 1 cup water with neem oil.

Then I poured in fresh soap nut concentrate, probably 1/4 cup worth into the jar and shook. Instant emulsification however would come loose after a few minutes."

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well guys I got some new info from Clackamas coot. No need to buy silica anymore!

He just emailed this message.

"I figured out how to use soapnuts to emulsify neem so now we can say goodbye to liquid silica products.

I put 1/4 cup soapnuts ground up into a jar with about 24 ounces of hot water. Soaked overnight.

In another jar, I added 1 cup water with neem oil.

Then I poured in fresh soap nut concentrate, probably 1/4 cup worth into the jar and shook. Instant emulsification however would come loose after a few minutes."
Couldn't you just put the soap nuts in a jar of water and shake to remove the saponin, is the neem really necessary?

Organikz

Organikz

Couldn't you just put the soap nuts in a jar of water and shake to remove the saponin, is the neem really necessary?
You ate correct sir. I think some just like a multi wall defense. The more layers the better.

Saponin on it's own is pretty effective.

Organikz

Organikz

I finally did something with my geopot. I wanted to post this so you guys can understand my first step. I like the bottom lined with a layer of Lava rock for extra aeration and it will actually capture leached nutrients and store them. They will eventually be transported back throughout the soil. Remember we're closing the loop here. Also a lot of microbes make this their little refugium so to speak. Still trying to figure out if I want to run an LOS mix or coots. I just notice coots mix just doesnt provide the phos out the gate. Im thinking just a simple NPK chaser mix. They work! In high school I ran blood meal, bone meal, and watered with liquid kelp. That was before the fancy designer amendments came about. Im spitballing at this point.

Please give me input:
  1. Give Coots another run with a little added triple phos.
  2. NPK chaser mix >Run a guano/fishbone/kelp mix with added rock dust

orbiter252

orbiter252

Ayy looks seriously dope, I bet the quality coming out of those pots will be unreal, prob the weediest weed around.. no fake shit
You know I'm watching, trying to learn from your stuff, i want to step my game up to cmh, but that's a ways off, cusious how the mite hunters work out too, hope it's easy going getting rid of em

Organikz

Organikz

Ayy looks seriously dope, I bet the quality coming out of those pots will be unreal, prob the weediest weed around.. no fake shit
You know I'm watching, trying to learn from your stuff, i want to step my game up to cmh, but that's a ways off, cusious how the mite hunters work out too, hope it's easy going getting rid of em
I think they may have been a bust dude. That particular type is for green houses. Should have read they require 60% rh or more. When my lights are off.which i.did When I applied them my rh dipped to 49. I read that there is another better suited to dry conditions. I may stick to systemic IPM during flower. Light neem and spinosad root drenches

Top Bottom