No Till By Organikz

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
"Insects are natures garbage collectors and diseases are the clean up crew."

The mites on your plants are a sign they are not at peak health. Looks like an excess of nitrogen.
Same reason the plants did not fade.

When there is free nitrate in the sap it is a calling card for insects.

The label for neem cake states up to 360lbs per acre. Most crops need 1-300 lbs of nitrogen per acre.
If you overdo it then you will not be fixing nitrogen from the air also will be very difficult for the plants to get to a high brix level.

Your best bet is to not top dress again until the levels get lower.
The coots recipe will call for top dressing neem cake again. Leave it out... your plants will thank you.

Organikz

Organikz

"Insects are natures garbage collectors and diseases are the clean up crew."

The mites on your plants are a sign they are not at peak health. Looks like an excess of nitrogen.
Same reason the plants did not fade.

When there is free nitrate in the sap it is a calling card for insects.

The label for neem cake states up to 360lbs per acre. Most crops need 1-300 lbs of nitrogen per acre.
If you overdo it then you will not be fixing nitrogen from the air also will be very difficult for the plants to get to a high brix level.

Your best bet is to not top dress again until the levels get lower.
The coots recipe will call for top dressing neem cake again. Leave it out... your plants will thank you.
Should I still apply MBP/fulvic/aloe/silica per the schedule? Should I try to slow decomposition?

Organikz

Organikz

@leadsled i think you helped me figure out a problem i've been having for a while. i went water only for a while and growth ramped up. maybe i'll go back for this cycle. i'd also like to add that i have red wrigglers on the way. i already have euro night crawlers. What effect will the worms have? good or bad since i'm dealing with hot soil.

Organikz

Organikz

The bubblegum is dry and ready to jar. Bud mass not so great but I think @leadsled put me on the right track. Im lucky they survived. I should post pics. These bitches were on life support after the 150g neem cook incident. These are dense as hell. Like little pebbles even though they look fluffy. The trim is fantastic and should yield killer hash. Even the fan leaves look blasted. Even on the undersides. I tried to start processing one down. It's just too damn sticky. Scissors don't want to function. Ill be scraping them quite a bit through processing and nitrite gloves will be a must. Won't have time until tonight.

But I think running water only and laying down some annual ryegrass will fix the nitrogen. Thanks again ledslead. You seem to have valuable knowledge to offer regarding NTG. Don't be surprised if you have to report me for harassment because if I have questions they go to you.

Organikz

Organikz

I liberated the container today and I gotta say it wasn't easy. The container now sits under the 400w CMH. Growth should explode. I have yet to get to veg under this thing and I'm going to need 3 more weeks of veg. God knows how tall they'll be by then but hey I have head room.

The Afghan cow finished up nicely. I really pushed it but I got a little extra swell at the end. I'm glad I did it. Going to be a little in the blah. Got like 15% ambers. I really like this strain. I think I'll be making a mommy. Good pheno also. 3 of the 5 in my container are AC. Definitely a strain I enjoy working with.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

I stumbled onto this method of training while dealing with broad mites. I feel the plants bounce back just as fast as topping. I'm thinking it's because by cutting leaves you're reducing respiration. Regardless I like this training method. It creates more bud sites the fastest way possible. 1 leaf strip is equal to 6 toppings.

Once I get the number I want I just leaf strip any runners so the other nodes can catch up and I get more sites! For now watch this turn into a bush after this. I also like how tight the cola spacing ends up on this so the branches stay pretty solid. No nets needed unless you're growing some big bud strain.

I also utilize these times while surface area is low to apply foliar IPM. I usually use a contact killer like pyrethrin or potassium sulfate when I do the strip and then after a little more foliage grows in I hit it with neem oil.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Prime example of broad mite damage. Leaf hooks and abnormalities. It also throws out potassium defficiency like symptoms paired with leaf canoeing and I've even had 2 strains show interveinal chlorosis like a mag deficiency. Its worth a leaf strip to ensure erradication or the fuckers will come back during bloom. By then you pretty much have to cut that cola to save the plant. Fuck fox farms. I one bag of soil loaded with broadies. Thanks...now I guess.you want to sell me your insecticide. Fox farms is over rated.

Organikz

Organikz

All the hydro shop bullshit doesn't touch this. I walked in and saw a dead fungus gnat on a leaf.

Flying skull nuke em is a waste of money. $25 for enough to do 2.75 treatments on 3 large plants. Lol. Don't tell me i didnt apply it correctly. 3 treatments every other day. Watered plants before. I used a pump sprayer with fine mist. I even mixed aloe powder[wetting agent] as suggested for better coverage. I saturated the buds so much I had to stake em up.

The only thing the mites did was grabbed a back sponge and a shower cap.

BudBogart

BudBogart

So my 3 Afghan cow and mazarxw.rhino clones are taking off. I threw them in the soil straight from the hot house about a week ago. They had began to flower but have reverted. I am liking all of my strains and don't know which ones to let go.

I have Malawi and Bengali haze on the way. Nice landrace strains.
I have some romulawi started! Good luck with yours.

Organikz

Organikz

QWISO hash. It looks small but I rolled it. Probably around a 1.5-2 grams. I want to get bubble bags so I can run more washes. I won't run more than 2 in isopropyl alcohol. It starts pulling chlorophyll.

My glass cookie sheet will be dry tomorrow. That's my first wash. It looks sick.

This was from 2nd wash.

Organikz

Organikz

Along with our victories we must admit our mistakes. A lack of a fulvic feeding along with a coconut water feeding caused a mag lock out due to a massive nitrogen uptake. Understanding that the fulvic acid chelates the minerals helped me realize my mistake. I forced a nutrient uptake without much available minerals.

The problem is being corrected with a couple of foliar feedings of fulvic acid/liquid kelp. Growth is returning to normal and looking healthy.

Organikz

Organikz

All of the recently harvested crop is top notch however theres always room for improvement. Sadly as not to blow my cover I still buy a little from a friend and I must say I have to phase it out. I'm not being snobby but that shit just won't get me stoned anymore. These 3 strains have made things very easy going.

Afghan cow is at 64%rh. I just smoked some for the first time. It hit the jar about 4 days ago. Nice pine and citrus smell and taste peeking through. It's a cerebral smelter with a very crisp head high. I'm loving it. Extremely euphoric.

It doesn't like nutrients. I have my eye on a mommy. The one at the top is showing the nonstop vigor in growth. She will take hits and keep chugging along and produce. My next grow will be cow again and I'm liking this Skywalker og so I'll be snagging cuts in the next day or so.

I'm hoping my system balances out so I can have a run with no snags. I don't think I'll bother training anymore. I'll just concentrate on taking lots of cuts and set at 2' apart. Big ass colas.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

They're really coming around. I'm about to take some cuts. My experience with the Afghan cow from start to end product has been awesome and the smoke is fantastic.

Does the bush on the bottom right look familiar? That's the one that was pictured after a leaf strip.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

forgot to mention i figured out my cal/mag deficiency symptoms. nitrogen tox was contributing but i didn't have a good mineral mix. after thinking back i used green sand and a mix of oyster shell flour and dolomite lime. I really should have followed the recipe a little tighter but i had a bunch of left over crap.

anyway i don't think my minerals were right so i was inducing nutrient uptakes while there was more than likely not enough available mag and or calcium so boom theres the nitrogen just getting sucked right up. Nitrogen is more than happy to clog the sink up. Its so easily taken up that it will be taken up in the absence of other nutrients or even if the plant doesn't really need it.

I read that plants require more calcium than phosphorus which blows my mind. The glacial rock dust is definitely having a positive effect. I also have 25lbs of basalt on the way but that's for the next container!!! maybe going 300g! may have to install support structures under my grow room lol.

If i continue to have issues I may utilize a top dress of oyster shell flour. don't want to magnesium overload so the dolomite isn't an option.

this guy knows his shit but be careful. he is working for npk industries.

Understanding BRIX is really opening my eyes a lot as well. if you're letting cal/mag deficiencies go unchecked then you're killing your BRIX.

i think @leadsled has really sparked my interest in this whole BRIX concept. strange it was never mention on my last forum. I think i should get myself a soil analysis at this point but returned vigorous growth without all the deformations is really making me feel optimistic.

I also understand now that fulvic acid isn't just a little booster. It's actually vital to creating available cal/mag/iron in an unestablished NTG. These elements get locked up in the soil during oxidization...well i know iron does for sure. The fulvic acid will help chelate these minerals and create an ionic bond which helps the plant uptake these minerals as it absorbs the fulvic acid.

I understand that later once my bed has it's own natural endless supply of humic acid i can cut down on the fulvic acid feeds.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Just an update. I added about 10 more pounds of rock dust and a top dress of compost over that. I know I need my minerals right. After reading about how much calcium/mag will actually be needed in order to chelate enough to feed an extremely high nute uptaker like cannabis in a newly established system I realized I'd rather be on the high side of suggested amounts per no till revisited. Might even throw some gypsum on top.

Minerals and humus are your friend in no till. That's my new M.O.

Organikz

Organikz

How's she looking now? I'm flipped at this point leaf tucks only from here on out. I'm not going to preach against leaf stripping at flower but I'll tell you the leaves are where nutrients are carried and then used to build sugars and no I'm not a guy that believes this anything more than sap. It's not magically oozing out of your flowers but rather building the structure. A healthy sap carries many cell building and protecting elements along with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom