Norcal Outdoor Garden Of Eden

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Ya ok can't just sit and watch any longer I gotta ask you a few things first I will second sos's question to start with

I too would also like to know what you plan to do about the broads never had any luck with the extermination of this particular mite any other mite poof be gone in a few days broads jut like most broads are a pin in the ass to take care of or completely get rid of?????

I also have a few other questions if you don't care to answer them that is fine I completely understand so here we go

How much did those/that larger triangle house cost you and was it assembled for you or by whom you purchased it or did you have to do it yourself/ find someone to put it up with/for you

You said you know how to bring things up to code this time next year I will be refinancing and a realtor will have to come in and assess the value of the home well I (without any permits or reporting) put in a bit of extra thick 18 gage wire and put in a dual 60amp switch... then traffic that from one end of the house to the other (this is all in the wall mind you) out a hole set in the top of my house and over 200ft in a seriese of buried pvc tube in the ground to another breaker whitch is in my flower room does any of this sound illegal or even punishable with fines or jail time for this here are a photo to check out the fact it looks professional just in no way was lolView attachment 522380

The last thing I wanted to ask you is if
you have by chance looked into large evaporative coolers instead of an AC..... heck you can even build your own if you want to save a few bucks!!! here is one option or example I have been looking into for a veggie sweat house that I plan to convert into a 6x6 flowering greenhouse deal just for one big girl sadly i can't just set her outside here as people will see and thats against the rules here Thanks for any answers you can provide @Bulldog11

The large Gothic green house is 30w x 50long x 17' tall. If I didn't pay for any fans, automated louvers, and all the bells and whistles, it would have cost around 7g's. I added roll up doors, automatic louvers, slant wall fan, 4 circulating fans and install was about 14g. The install is easy, and I have since built 2 other greenhouses myself. The reason I had somebody build this one was because I had just bought this property and it was July already. I wanted to get a crop in. I also wasn't prepped for a 17' tall greenhouse at the time. However the systems are very easy to work with, and I suggest building them yourself instead of paying somebody to do so.

As for bringing my greenhouse up to code. I had already pulled the permit, and the electrical was part of this permit. Permits are good for 1 year, unless you extend them. So I am not technically bringing anything up to code, I am installing new wire up to code. I just don't want inspectors in my grow while plants are growing, so I will invite them back in after my crop to pass on the electrical part of my permit.

Your electrical is no where near code, however run very clean and seems safe from what I can tell. (if your wires are rated properly ext.) Couple things that jump at me right off the bat is the romex used between the units. No exposed romex can be used in a house, and if it's in a garage it has to be above 7' to meet code. Also, any electrical equipment, even low voltage, must be mounted on fire rated ply wood. This ply wood must have a stamp on it, and that stamp must not be painted over until inspected. There is more, but I won't get picky.

The good news? Appraisers are usually not very good at their jobs regarding these types of issues. Most I have delt with, which is hundreds at this point, are in and out and don't really go into the details of the house. They have a formula that tells them the sq ft of the house, the area the house is in, how dilapidated the property is, how the finish work is done in the kitchen and baths. They don't concern themselves with power needs, I have never even seen one open up a panel for any reason. If it were me, and I was concerned about it, I would just cover up that area with some junk. Out of sight, out of mind.

I gotta run, got lots to do. If I didn't answer all of your questions, or didn't make sense, please let me know. Hope this helps.

oldskool63

oldskool63

Hey Bulldog...I came across this thread while looking for a possible solution to my watering/irrigation challenges. I can soooooo relate to being focused on infrastructure and not my girls! I feel like I am being too reactive because for the time it takes just to complete the daily/weekly regimens. Your set up is amazing and am definitely going that route this winter. Your set up and advice on permitting, finishing, and electrical will definitely help.....a BIG Thanks! All the Best on the rest of the season.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@oldskool63 Thanks for dropping in. Anything that I could help with in the future just tag me and I will help with what I can.

Some updates:

The broad mites are strong, resistant little buggers. They are on every plant in my large and small greenhouse. They are on two of three of my outdoor ladies, and only my indoor is mite free, atm. When talking with the local hydro shop guy, and other farmers in the area, it appears broad mites are indigenous to the region. Which explains why almost every plant in my garden is showing signs of infection. Last year the moths were bad, this year its broad mites.

I have been spraying neem every three days, for almost a month now. The bugs are still alive under the scope. None of the tops of my plants are infected, but the bottom branches seem to stay infected. I am talking very little bugs, to the point where the plants have started growing regularly again. However, come flower I can't spray to keep them in check, so its time to switch up my sprays.

This morning I sprayed with Azamax for the first time. Next spray I am going for Spinosad. Keeping things organic. The weather is finally hot again, and today should be 95+. So I will also be heat treating the greenhouse by closing it up at 2pm for about an hour. I have a lazer temp gun, and temps climb into the 120's real fast, but the plant leaf surface says around 100.....Not sure how effective that is, but today with the higher heat I am going to push 135 and hope that brings the leaf temps up. When I do this, I make sure to water the plants with an extra 20 gallons of water per plant to make sure they stay cool when the temps climb. The pots in the 65 gallon smart parts start to wilt first, the plants in the 4.5 yard beds don't seem to be effected.

My cure room project went very well. I haven't done any finish work yet, but the sheet rock is up and everything is insulated. The ac machine is keeping things at a perfect 65 degrees, and the humidity has been jumping around from 40-60%. So happy to finally have a place to dry my product. Here is a picture or two.

before
CAM 1575
after (ceiling got refletix also, then it's all been sheet-rocked)
CAM 1587

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Some plant pics

Outdoor yeti. Just started to stretch.
Outdoor Yeti 7 26 15

Outdoor Black yeti. First to stretch, been a full week. She has some extra shadows compared to the other plants.
Outdoor Black Yeti 7 26 15

Outdoor BM x NL#5 sativa pheno. No stretch at all in this picture, but I think she has begun stretch. Those are 10ft T-posts driven in about 12", then a 5ft piece of bamboo overlapped with the T-post by about 6". The smart pot is 18" tall, so that means the plant was about 12' tall when this picture was taken. Still in veg, this lady is going to be a beast!

BM x NL5 Sativa pheno 7 26 15

My wife showed me how to re-size my pics. Thank you baby.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Some veggie pics. I haven't done anything to the veggie garden but plant seeds in late May. Been doing good considering.

@Seamaiden Plums are getting ripe. Ate a couple already. I hope to get this tree into full health next year, but this year was a drastic improvement from last year.
Fruit tree Plum 7 26 15 2 Fruit tree Plum 7 26 15

Crook Neck Squash
Veggies 7 26 15 9 Veggies 7 26 15 8

Maters and Mellons
Veggies 7 26 15 4 Veggies 7 26 15 7

Sunflower as a peace offering for the birds. They seem to like them, as my damage to my fruit trees have gone down.
Veggies 7 26 15 12

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I can always grow a healthy GSC, but the yields are low almost always. I think I yielded around 3/4 of a lb on this gsc in a dep. The quality is top notch however, and the hash GSC makes is second to none.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Bulldog11 -- are you adding JMS to your Neem treatments? I would include it here, or use it separately. Also, are you adding isopropyl at all?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

JMS? I have only been spraying neem with yucca. Yucca is just a surfactant. I make sure to emulsify with a mud mixer for 5 min before putting into the sprayer.

What's up with the isopropyl? And what is JMS?

I am open for any ideas that might help rid me of these bastards. The Azamax seemed very effective, however 24 hours after the spray I see dead bugs, but live eggs. I will continue on my regimen and hope the eggs go away.

Blaze

Blaze

JMS = JMS Stylet Oil. It's a mineral oil derived from the Stylet tree and a general use fungicide and insecticide.

You might check out Met 52 EC from Novozymes, it is a mycoinsecticide. It is also won't kill your beneficial insects like the Neem, Stylet and Azamax will so you could try to use it in conjunction with predator mites for example. You can get it in both liquid and granular forms. I use the granular as a top dressing and spray the liquid every 45 days as a preventative unless I see an infestation starting.

germinator

germinator

Wood in your eye......:eek:...that had to hurt bad.....Don't wanna sound like mama but DUDE......keep those safety glasses ON.......or your sunglasses always.:cool: Your nugs look delish nice thumbin.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I looked into both products, thank you Seamaiden and Blaze. The Met 52 sounds like it would be very effective, yet it has some draw backs. It says the weather needs to be 50-90 degrees, which in my greenhouse it gets above that daily. Not sure how much that effects things.

@Blaze You use the Met 52? How are your results? How close to harvest do you spray? Do you also recommend JMS?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
JMS? I have only been spraying neem with yucca. Yucca is just a surfactant. I make sure to emulsify with a mud mixer for 5 min before putting into the sprayer.

What's up with the isopropyl? And what is JMS?

I am open for any ideas that might help rid me of these bastards. The Azamax seemed very effective, however 24 hours after the spray I see dead bugs, but live eggs. I will continue on my regimen and hope the eggs go away.
JMS physically smothers spider mites, it may help you here. It's also a physical barrier for PM. The isopropyl is, in my experience, very effective in controlling spider mites, and by its desiccation properties again I think it may help you here. Basically my thinking is that anything that further stresses the pests without stressing your plants.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Basically my thinking is that anything that further stresses the pests without stressing your plants.

Totally agree. So far the plants are healthy and green, but it only takes one spray with the wrong product, or at the wrong time of day, or the wrong concentration to destroy our beloved crops. I really want to purchase some of this JMS oil, where do you recommend buying from? Strait from their website?

What are the rates of Iso? I spray about 20 gallons every 3 days, so I not sure how much I would have to buy. Might look weird to walk up to a register with 20 little bottles, lol. That's also safe to spray with stressing the plants?

@Blaze I also read that Met 52 shouldn't be applied with a fogger? How do you apply yours? I love my Hudson fogger for attacking bugs. My plants are so tall that a normal sprayer wouldn't cover 100% of the plant.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Got quite a bit of rain today, maybe a 1/8 - 1/4 inch over an hour or two. Suppose to be in the high 90's by 2pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom