Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Pretty much just hanging around. Drying room temps and rH both staying in the sixties.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Heavy rains expected after midnight. We took first cut of original amnesia, LSD, sweet 710 cheese, 707 headband and bubba kush. All of the buds taken were ready with full milky white trichs with some amber starting, dense buds.
Left behind without cutting are some loud dream, almost ready, some original amnesia, pineapple chunk, not even close, but very pretty, and some blue dream, still bright white pistils growing thru whatever weather is thrown its way.
The yields on some of the plants are crazy good for a mom and pop grow. Having been disappointed on last years dismal grow attempt I may be guilty of a little over compensating on this years grow.
Bubba and headband were grown crammed into each other. Bubba took the high ground, headband the low ground. I left a helluva lot of bud behind for the second cut after taking 54 gallons each of bubba and headband. Prime, hard dense large flower tops, what a treat. Made for a full utv load just for these two plants.
Tomorrow we start to trim. Blue Cheese by Dina fem has been drying 7 days tomorrow. The humidity was staying in the sixties so I started burning a wood fire out in the living room and now humidity is 58 in the drying room. It's just a bedroom and a wood stove so I will be happy with these results.
The bedroom is now full and the garage has several strings already full.
Lots of line is still available in case the rain damages any remaining bud.
We battened down the hatches so to speak. We know you are all wishing us well coming thru this storm as we wish for all of you.
Thanks for reading. Bud
Posted in the wrong thread, guess who is stoned, lol?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Well, it's pouring rain right now and we stopped trimming for the day. I should probably worry less about the plants and more about the gravel road getting out of the canyon.
I "should" check the road to make certain the road doesn't start washing out. It's easier to fix the problem in the rain than to fix the damage the problem causes if yards of gravel wash down ruts.
We finished trimming the blue cheese. She yielded approximately 2 of large dense nuggets and a ton of larf. We started on her yesterday morning and finished this morning. Yup, took us over one day to do, lol. Then we started on the Akorn. She has smaller buds, but they are all tight good looking buds and she produced almost no larf. Won't finish her until tomorrow.
I hope you all have a great Saturday night. I better talk my wife into putting on her rain gear and running the road with the tractor.
Thanks for all the help you have given us to enable us to harvest this awesome bounty.

BudBogart

BudBogart

4 inches of rain in town. We were literally pounded down here in the canyon. Road is all but wiped out. I haven't been up to the garden. The water was pouring off the sides of the gutters. Only a dirt track leads to the garden, up hill. It's gonna be a muddy adventure.
Any bets on how much salvage I can get? Hope you all are fine.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Wow, what a day. The damage was impressive. It snapped two biggest girls bending the wire fencing in half. Snapped 2 inch thick branches all at the same height.
I salvaged about 60 gallons of bud. 20 each of loud, original amnesia and blue dream. Only the stuff that was near the ground.
I tied up lots of blue dream.
The buds that made it thru and get this next week of sunshine make it worth the effort.
All in all we really didn't lose much bud. Only a couple actually got muddy.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey buddy, It looks like you have a busy week after that rain. I seen it was snowing up on Donner pass. We still have not had a hard freeze here in Denver. We set a new high temp Sunday at 85 degrees. Sunny and no chance of weather here for the next week. I'm still in a bit of a daze after the passing of my father on Sunday. My he finally rest in peace and rejoin with my mother in heaven.

Marksurfs

Marksurfs

Sorry for your loss Orcaman , I know it hurts . My dad is dying from cancer and there's nothing I can do about it . To see him in constant pain hurts me and the thought of his being gone from my life I can't comprehend . He's talking with a nurse right now who's there to make sure he passes peacefully . My dad is still going out looking at work . He won't give up . He not just my dad, he's my business partner , I've worked with him since I was a little boy for 35 cents a hours to start . Now I'm a building contractor and we've always worked together one way or another . I don't know how to not have him a part of my life . He's the one who has me post how to grow cannabis and keep my grow Log . It won't be long and I'll be where my heart breaks as well . I hope you can find some sort of peace for your heart my friend .
"I salvaged about 60 gallons of bud" It's funny , I've never heard any one say they have gallons of buds :) I never weighed what I harvested , all my bud is in gallon Mason jars . I have gallons of bud :) No clue how much but lots of gallons :)

scoop

scoop

Sorry to hear about your dad, Orcaman. I lost mine last month. Tough stuff....but he had a full life and he went out like a rocket (fast) so it is what it is. Just another life event that we can't change...

and now we step into the spotlight.....

Make every day count folks.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Sorry to hear about your dads. Mine also went from cancer, back in 2000. It is never easy. My father in law spent his last 10 months living with us while he faded from brain cancer. He died in my arms. Mom is 91 and goes dancing once a week. I had a battle with cancer that started over 40 years ago. Doctors told me chemo wasn't working, wanted to do experimental radical chemo. I declined, and left uc med center a man with cancer. Forty fucking years ago. Talk about a mind fuck.

Remember way back when I was freaking out over trimming and drying an unreasonable amount of bud? Then we all laughed at my over projection of a potential distant problem...time to start freaking out some more, lol. We are getting more yield than thought possible. The overflow in the garage has to be cycled into the bedroom because they are not drying. The stuff in the bedroom should be dried and trimmed Friday. The killer crop still in the ground can go into the garage Saturday or Sunday before the next rain. The biggest colas and biggest plants remain!

Talk about a happy surprise. I called a friend of mine to ask if his girlfriend wanted to do some trimming. All I knew was that they only had 3 plants and she wasn't working. So she comes over today with a bag full of gloves and a couple pair of scissors. This charming young lady knows how to trim. She asks me if I want a tight trim or what, then starts blowing out buds while I'm still twisting us a joint. Turns out she has been trimming since she was 10 years old for family who was growing 200 plants a year. She promises to come back and help. She offered to trim for the trim.
When she saw what we are tossing into the trim bins she was ecstatic. We are only interested in hard nugget flower tops. Everything else goes in the bin. She was kind enough to tell me that trim of that quality can fetch a few hundred bucks a pound. I admit I was surprised to hear that, if it's true. I'm just glad with the arrangement as it stands. Of course, I will have to check to see if it's legal to do before we do it. She does have a med card. I will check it out.

Marksurfs

Marksurfs

I didn't realize how much we really have in common in life , I'm sorry any of you have to deal with this , I can see I'm not alone and as you say , it still sucks . Thank you for the support and talking about this , crazy place to find help in life . This is much more important than my grow . I thank you for sharing , it's appreciated , all of you , thank you .

BudBogart

BudBogart

I envy you all you memories and relationships you have had with your dads. It seems no matter the journey we all come back together at the end. Some grief because we lost a great friend, others grieve because they never got to be friends. In the end, we all grieve.
Yesterday my housekeeper told me her son had refused necessary kidney dialysis and was trying to get a medical card so he could shop at dispensaries for anxiety meds. Now, I can't solve all the worlds problems, but...
However, last night she called us crying that her son was in the hospital in dire condition. She was sobbing uncontrollably.
She lost her mother just a few months ago. Her moms house had a reverse mortgage, she has to leave with nothing. Her dog died just a few months ago. The saddest part is realizing that she calls us every time tragedy strikes and I'm thinking the poor soul may have no one else to turn to. I feel terrible that she had to find her own way to the hospital in her emotional condition. My wife was home from a 3 hour commute with another stressful work day coming rapidly soon. I only see my wife a couple days a week. Telling her to go to bed while I ran out and helped my housekeeper just wouldn't come out of my mouth. Well, I feel better, thanks for listening.

M

MrsBudBogart

Hey buddy, It looks like you have a busy week after that rain. I seen it was snowing up on Donner pass. We still have not had a hard freeze here in Denver. We set a new high temp Sunday at 85 degrees. Sunny and no chance of weather here for the next week. I'm still in a bit of a daze after the passing of my father on Sunday. My he finally rest in peace and rejoin with my mother in heaven.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It always takes awhile, so just take your time. Take care of yourself.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Rain is due in a couple days.
The plants hanging in the bedroom were trimmed or sub trimmed and put in plastic bins.
The plants hanging in the garage had to move into the house because they weren't drying fast enough in the garage.
I brought down blue dream, my last LSD and a loud dream. I bring them down in 18 gallon plastic bins so gallons is the only number I can put on it, lol. I will bring down a couple more plants today. Then I will build an additional rack in the game room. What are a few more screw holes?, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom