• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ok, my wife and I are finishing up some needed next steps, lowering and turning up the lights, transplanting, getting everything set for the 2nd half of the veg phase....

Pics coming...

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ok, the absolutely ridiculous slowness of things aside, in just a few months I was able to build a 6' x 12' walk in closet, with 2 HLG Scorpion lights, 1 Diablo, 1 Rspec, a water line......

I ordered a wide variety of seeds from various sources, you're looking at about 16 different varieties, and shopped for all other equipment, various brands/mixtures of soil, perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, coco coir, worm castings, blood meal, bone meal, etc, etc....and that diacemetoremitriopolous earth stuff that will soon be sprinkled on top.

20........11gallon pots. My estimate is over 600 pounds of soil plus all the other fillers. What the hell? But this only has to be done twice a year as I'll be shutting down the closet in the summer and I go for 2 harvests per same plants by re-vegging once.....

Mistakes......many. Popping in paper towel, having to transplant over 60 sprouts......of which 40 didn't make the cut.....

2 Divine Banana cuttings are included. The first time I've ever rooted cuttings and 4/5 made it even though I plunked them right into soil cups with a makeshift dome. The other 2 cuttings will be going outdoors...

Way too slow, way too long, too cold (ulit stays cold in the basement, but we like it that way, the adjacent fun/entertainment room stays nice and cold all summer....

Waited way too long to transplant out of their peat cups, but kept them well watered and used a little nutrients near the end. And then.....the wife and I got a bad cold, knocking us out of commission for a couple of weeks....

But.......all done....

20230429 160612
20230429 160607
20230429 172251
20230429 172257
20230429 172306
20230429 172312
20230429 172738
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
You better train the ones with two in one to opposite sides, or they're gonna choke each other out once they get bigger.
Oh they'll probably all be trained, I got some of those clips and I'll be tying them down. Given how big the pots are, and the fact that there will be males......I know some peoole think it's taboo to put 2 in one pot, but I used to do 2 in 5 gallon pots, and I never really found them fighting over or getting stunted over root space. As long as they don't get root bound and have plenty of light and nutrients, they'll do great.....

One thing I really didn't expect.......everything else that's happened over the last few months has been totally ecpected.....in fact looking back I'm kinda glad it's been on the chilly side, it's prevented other issues, but I'm shocked at how powerful these lights are. Even 4 feet above them, I made a mistake and turned the Diablo from 20% to 60% instead of 40%......and in a couple of days I could tell it was just too powerful. They would have started to burn if I didn't check it quickly.

I can't imagine how both lights at 100% will be. Even 80%...

They're already very happy being transplanted. In the next 2 wks they're going to really take off.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Just got back from 3 days away and now they're really taking off. Soon my biggest problem will be controlling rapid growth. What a terrible problem to have. :) . But they are so happy. I'll get new pics soon.....

They're already so old, Joe Biden said "wow, those are old!". ;). I kid, I love Joe Biden...

Also ready to move 6 additional nice ones outdoors, I just want to look out at the weather forecast for the hext week + to make sure we don't get any nights below 40f. Last year I planted a few for the first time, they were about 8" tall........ but in late June, just to test the area and see how they would do, see how the soil is......they did great, the spot gets about 7+ hours of direct full sun a day. They finished at around 3ft tall. This year, they should get to at least 5-6ft tall depending on the variety. I'm conditioning the soil now. This area is about 10ft x 10ft, but will gradually be expanded. I'm particularly interested in these 2 cuttings which are already well rooted and should become nice big bushes, but I'm also going to try a Sativa, rolling the dice on possibly having another warm, late fall like last year.

Both outdoors and indoors will be part of my breeding program. Indoors will be shut down every summer, but with some time layering and saving pollen, it will enable me to cross varieties and do things I wouldn't normally be able to do with just indoors or outdoors alone, including pollinating sativas. Even if a good outdoor sativa doesn't quite ripen enough, I'll still be able to make seeds and bring them into the loop.

Very excited for the next few months. My first indoor harvest in 30+ years, and working a full outdoor season after that.

sambapati

sambapati

Just got back from 3 days away and now they're really taking off. Soon my biggest problem will be controlling rapid growth. What a terrible problem to have. :) . But they are so happy. I'll get new pics soon.....

They're already so old, Joe Biden said "wow, those are old!". ;). I kid, I love Joe Biden...

Also ready to move 6 additional nice ones outdoors, I just want to look out at the weather forecast for the hext week + to make sure we don't get any nights below 40f. Last year I planted a few for the first time, they were about 8" tall........ but in late June, just to test the area and see how they would do, see how the soil is......they did great, the spot gets about 7+ hours of direct full sun a day. They finished at around 3ft tall. This year, they should get to at least 5-6ft tall depending on the variety. I'm conditioning the soil now. This area is about 10ft x 10ft, but will gradually be expanded. I'm particularly interested in these 2 cuttings which are already well rooted and should become nice big bushes, but I'm also going to try a Sativa, rolling the dice on possibly having another warm, late fall like last year.

Both outdoors and indoors will be part of my breeding program. Indoors will be shut down every summer, but with some time layering and saving pollen, it will enable me to cross varieties and do things I wouldn't normally be able to do with just indoors or outdoors alone, including pollinating sativas. Even if a good outdoor sativa doesn't quite ripen enough, I'll still be able to make seeds and bring them into the loop.

Very excited for the next few months. My first indoor harvest in 30+ years, and working a full outdoor season after that.
Are you aerating your H2O? 24 hours B4 watering bring in the extra bubbles and oxygen. Using Organic terp tea, hence the color. Keep up the good work
20230503 082959

TSD

TSD

Lol, how old are they now? I'm not putting mine out yet. I debated putting a few out early to free up space, but we're still at just under 14.5 hours of daylight, and I don't want to risk a reveg or herm or some nonsense. I haven't even been able to harden except one day because of the shit weather. Aiming for the 20th as planting day. I just transplanted yesterday too because I had to. Need to update my diary as well but I've been too damn busy.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Lol, how old are they now? I'm not putting mine out yet. I debated putting a few out early to free up space, but we're still at just under 14.5 hours of daylight, and I don't want to risk a reveg or herm or some nonsense. I haven't even been able to harden except one day because of the shit weather. Aiming for the 20th as planting day. I just transplanted yesterday too because I had to. Need to update my diary as well but I've been too damn busy.
Its been so gross here 😫
I just wanted to get plants out a few weeks earlier than last year but not gonna happen.

TSD

TSD

I
Its been so gross here 😫
I just wanted to get plants out a few weeks earlier than last year but not gonna happen.
I try to never go out before 15 hours, broke down and spent most of my day off yesterday transplanting. They were not vibing with my dirt mix I don't think. Used nasty smelly mushroom compost that I knew better and used anyway. Even if they went out now they wouldn't do a whole lot with the cold night temps and might even get shocked. Next week the days look good so I plan on lugging all my pots in and out every day to harden them. Usually I have a good start on hardening by now, but this nonstop rain has put the kibosh to that. The Farmer's almanac is predicting another hot dry summer, so I'll take the rain now instead I suppose... it is spring after all.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Are you aerating your H2O? 24 hours B4 watering bring in the extra bubbles and oxygen. Using Organic terp tea, hence the color. Keep up the good workView attachment 1976756
I let the water sit for a number of hours.....so it's not so cold, and things that could evaporate out will......we have mountain well water, it is just a little hard, and there's some filtration/treatment our plumber installed. But I have yet to really zero in on testing it, just like I have yet to get a good handle on the soil I mixed, in terms of Ph, EC......that will take time because it's more of an ongoing thing and I need more time to keep testing, make adjustments......as I do I'm going more by how the plants are developing......

There is some natural aeration as the water comes out of the spigot/tube, but does further aeration before watering really help.....beyond that plus it getting soaked into the soil? Cuz I'll do it? Also......terp tea.... That's another area I don't know much about.

Ty...

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
90 days? I'll check my notebook again but I think so. This is how developed they should be after 40 days?? The good thing is that they catch up quickly. A couple more weeks the way they're doing now, plus increasing the light power, and I'll flip. They're behind......but healthy and developed. And I could put the ones for outdoors out today, they're strong enough, even if it dips below 40f a few more nights, they'll do fine.

But.......re-veg? You might be at different stages or doing different things than I am? For outdoors, we're at the very beginning of spring planting, I just happen to have plants that are 10-12" tall with 7, 8+ leaf sets. So they'll have a nice head start for the summer. For the indoor/closet ones, which are the same, I'd like them to double or a bit more before I flip. I wanted to harvest June 1st, but because I'm slower than a snail on Xanax, I'm looking at more like mid to late July. Because I'm using cool LEDs, and the basement doesn't get above 70 even in August, heat won't be an issue and this year only I'll go later into summer before shutting down until September.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Aeriation is always a good thing when it comes to water. Roots thrive on oxygenated water.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Its been so gross here 😫
By gross do you mean hot? Humid? Both? What area are you in.....? In general..

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Aeriation is always a good thing when it comes to water. Roots thrive on oxygenated water.
Do they? ;)

I know that......I better know that much. But is there really going to be measurable added benefit beyond the aeration already going on? Like I said, I'll do it. I assume I'd have to buy a device, I'm certainly not going to agressively shake every gallon of water........although it would be a great workout.....

Molasses......I have molasses and I've mixed a little outdoors last year, but I don't know if it's a good idea to use it indoors, and if so, how?

I also have, but have to figure out when, how, how much.......to work in things like bone meal, cal-mag, Epsom salts.......

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

By gross do you mean hot? Humid? Both? What area are you in.....? In general..
Im in Albany County NY. Its done nothing but rain for like 9 days now. Today was supposed to be 62 and sunny. Now its 50 and raining... sick if it already and spring just started...
Everything is a sloppy muddy mess. Cant even take plants out for a couple hours a day for like another 2 weeks 😕

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Its been so gross here 😫
HA! Tell me about it. I thought I was the boss but mother nature said....NOPE! Had some clones in gallon pots and decided to do an outdoor grow. They're all flowering!!!😒

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

HA! Tell me about it. I thought I was the boss but mother nature said....NOPE! Had some clones in gallon pots and decided to do an outdoor grow. They're all flowering!!!😒
Not good man. But at least youve got all summer to reveg😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom