Ohpekush's First Grow Journal.

• Thread starter OhpeKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxlink

Foxlink

Botanicare pure blend, and yep that's her first set of fan leaves with the few dots on them.
Yah I did realize after the measuring was suggested in gallon, so when I halved it I should have really cut it by double that.
Thanks for the reassurance though, trying to be on top of everything!
Not a problem :) Here's their feed sheet, if you don't already have the feeding sheet:

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you top it you will get at least 2 top cola buds, if you dont you only get one. If you top it above the 3rd node and top those two new tops when they grow out enough you can have 8 top cola buds because the bottom two nodes have time to catch up after the two toppings.
EDIT: id pinch off the very bottom node and top above the 4th
Id also try to make a clean cut with a razor when topping and take the cutting and put it in a cup of water on the window sill to get a free clone incase the mom is a gem.

O

OhpeKush

If you top it you will get at least 2 top cola buds, if you dont you only get one. If you top it above the 3rd node and top those two new tops when they grow out enough you can have 8 top cola buds because the bottom two nodes have time to catch up after the two toppings.
EDIT: id pinch off the very bottom node and top above the 4th
Id also try to make a clean cut with a razor when topping and take the cutting and put it in a cup of water on the window sill to get a free clone incase the mom is a gem.

Well this here is an auto and a lot of what i've read people have said it's not exactly beneficial to top autos since they only spend a certain amount of time in VEG it can be harder for them to recover.
I will say this though, I know it's early and I'm not even halfway done my FIRST GROW, but my next grow will be with some non auto seeds so I can get more practice as far as topping, LST, and if I make a mistake doing one of those it won't ruin my crop.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well this here is an auto and a lot of what i've read people have said it's not exactly beneficial to top autos since they only spend a certain amount of time in VEG it can be harder for them to recover.
I will say this though, I know it's early and I'm not even halfway done my FIRST GROW, but my next grow will be with some non auto seeds so I can get more practice as far as topping, LST, and if I make a mistake doing one of those it won't ruin my crop.
Good call, topping autos isnt recommended

O

OhpeKush

Might want to go easy on the nutes, looks like they are starting to claw
Well I just watered today, isn't that also sometimes a sign of the plant just taking in alot of water so the leaves are heavy?
Not trying to refute someone that knows a lot more than me, just trying to see if maybe its something else. I did only use 5ML of nutrients this time.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well I just watered today, isn't that also sometimes a sign of the plant just taking in alot of water so the leaves are heavy?
Not trying to refute someone that knows a lot more than me, just trying to see if maybe its something else. I did only use 5ML of nutrients this time.
Im not sure if I know alot more than anyone but I do know that the clawing fan leaves are the first sign of nute burn, if they straighten back out maybe it was just the watering.

O

OhpeKush

Im not sure if I know alot more than anyone but I do know that the clawing fan leaves are the first sign of nute burn, if they straighten back out maybe it was just the watering.

Well def more than me haha, so would you suggest a flush or just go easy on the next round, maybe even water only.

O

OhpeKush

Turned up and started heading towards the light. The top 6 leaves are starting to fold again and ones so brittle it ripped if half. I'm 10 inches away from the light im worried if i move it much further the bottom will get nothing.

Also the area that I opened up with the LST took off last night so im happy.

20161216 105409
20161216 105419
O

OhpeKush

Did a tiny bit more LST today to try and get it bent fully down, worked pretty well. Gotta leave it alone now and let her grow.
When should I remove the ties if at all?

O

OhpeKush

Not much to update, hasn't really grown at all since from this picture which is really weird to me because this is the stage where she should start taking off in growth.
Maybe I stressed her out with the LST and she needs a few days to recover??

O

OhpeKush

Lst and agood amount of hst or supercropping wont stunt them, you might be starting to lockout since you have the clawing.

I mean it still looks healthy and it growing, just really slow.
It's day 31 and comparing it to other plants at week 4 mines pathetic.
I guess it could just be the light, I just hope it starts to bud at some point, it's showing zero signs of budding and every plant I compare this strain with is already starting to load up. Maybe just bad genetics.
Got it from Herbies..

Top Bottom