Ohpekush's First Grow Journal.

• Thread starter OhpeKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxlink

Foxlink

Hey man thanks again, I mad a mistake saying it was 150w CFL, it's a 150W HPS. Im not sure if I'll be able to add any other lights because I'm really tight on money right now, I do wish I had spent a little more and gotten a 250W HPS but I can't change the past!
It's the SunSystem version if your interested.

My ballasts are from Sun Blaze, the bulbs are from Hortilux, they are a bit pricy, but you do get what you pay for. :)
-Fox

O

OhpeKush

My ballasts are from Sun Blaze, the bulbs are from Hortilux, they are a bit pricy, but you do get what you pay for. :)
-Fox

Yep! I'm hoping that by the time this one plant finishes I'll be back to work and will have learned enough to where I can comfortably upgrade and not feel like im wasting nice equipment. Ideally I'd like to have 3 plants going at a time year round.

O

OhpeKush

So the 2 leaves at the lowest part of the plant are starting to get yellowish dots on the tips of the leaves. Could this just be because they aren't getting much light anymore because of the other leaves growing or should I worry. Can see them in 2nd pic.

To be clear I believe these are the cotyledons

20161208 202356
20161208 202506
Last edited:
O

OhpeKush

Also as you can see the top of the leaves are starting to fold like tacos, should I raise the light? It's about 5'' from the top of the plant now.

O

OhpeKush

I've read various things, low MG, PH is off, too close to light, too try, not dry enough, too much wind, not enough wind.
I'm also hearing it's semi normal and it shows signs of a healthy plant and it means its about to take off growth wise.
I'm not THAT worried because it's a beautiful deep green color and other than the 6 leaves folding the rest looks great.
I'm just curious. I did move it back off the light a bit tho.

organix4207

organix4207

Something to be aware of is when using lower power light sources the plant's metabolism will be slow . This doesn't mean you can't pull off successful grows , just you have to adjust your feeds to match metabolism of plant. Just watch your run off ppms/ph and the plant. They will tell you whata going on. A good place to start is 50% of manufacturers recommendation for feeds.
So far so good man
Peace , love & Positive Vibes :)

organix4207

organix4207

I've read various things, low MG, PH is off, too close to light, too try, not dry enough, too much wind, not enough wind.
I'm also hearing it's semi normal and it shows signs of a healthy plant and it means its about to take off growth wise.
I'm not THAT worried because it's a beautiful deep green color and other than the 6 leaves folding the rest looks great.
I'm just curious. I did move it back off the light a bit tho.
The Leafs doing this could be early indication of magnesium deficiency. What are your runoff PPM maybe your plant is just hungry ?

O

OhpeKush

The Leafs doing this could be early indication of magnesium deficiency. What are your runoff PPM maybe your plant is just hungry ?

I don't have anything to check my PPM sadly, I haven't given any nutes yet so you could be right.
Quick question, I just noticed some roots are popping out the bottom of my 3 gallon pot, is this normal or could this be the start of a root problem.

organix4207

organix4207

I don't have anything to check my PPM sadly, I haven't given any nutes yet so you could be right.
Quick question, I just noticed some roots are popping out the bottom of my 3 gallon pot, is this normal or could this be the start of a root problem.
Normal and a good thing lol
Get a cheap ppm pen off Amazon
You can get one for like 20 bucks !
How Many weeks old I'd it now ?

organix4207

organix4207

If roots are popping at the bottom of the 3-gallon pot I would say she's definitely ready for some food.
I think just as many plants I that are fucked up , are caused from under feeding as they are from overfeeding.
What type of soil you using ? it looks to have alot of bark in it ?

O

OhpeKush

Normal and a good thing lol
Get a cheap ppm pen off Amazon
You can get one for like 20 bucks !
How Many weeks old I'd it now ?

Just about 3 weeks, 20 days since it popped up.
You're right, it will be worth it in the long run I'm just real tight on cash right now plus Christmas is coming up heh.
And good to know haha, still feels a little heavy so I'm probably gonna hold off on the water/first set of nutes until tommorow or Sunday. I'm hoping moving the plant further from the lights gonna help but if not i'll see what happens after my first set of nutes.

Yea I do plan on giving a really small amount of nutes anyways since it's my first time I figure it's easier to recover from a bit of an underfeeding than an overfeeding.

Soil is fox farm happy frog. I noticed the bark too and it confused me but I guess it normal haha.

organix4207

organix4207

Just about 3 weeks, 20 days since it popped up.
You're right, it will be worth it in the long run I'm just real tight on cash right now plus Christmas is coming up heh.
And good to know haha, still feels a little heavy so I'm probably gonna hold off on the water/first set of nutes until tommorow or Sunday. I'm hoping moving the plant further from the lights gonna help but if not i'll see what happens after my first set of nutes.

Yea I do plan on giving a really small amount of nutes anyways since it's my first time I figure it's easier to recover from a bit of an underfeeding than an overfeeding.

Soil is fox farm happy frog. I noticed the bark too and it confused me but I guess it normal haha.
I've never used Happy Frog myself but I believe it has bat guano , earthworm castings ,beneficial bacteria as well as Forest humus. This should give your plant enough nutrients for a while. Having never used Happy Frog I'm not sure how long it will feed a cannabis plant. Maybe some Happy Frog users out there can chime in

O

OhpeKush

I've never used Happy Frog myself but I believe it has bat guano , earthworm castings ,beneficial bacteria as well as Forest humus. This should give your plant enough nutrients for a while. Having never used Happy Frog I'm not sure how long it will feed a cannabis plant. Maybe some Happy Frog users out there can chime in

From what I read around week 3 is the time to start adding with this soil, so I added about 6.5-7ML of grow nutes to my 1/2 gallon and gave about half for now. Zero run off so far which is surprising, maybe she was really thirsty.

O

OhpeKush

Let me just say you guys are the best. Not even 6 hours after the feeding and moving it further from thr light nearly all the taco leaves are gone and she's looking real good. Nearly grew a full inch in 24 hours.

Foxlink

Foxlink

Snapped some pics without the light so you can see the color. Also some yellow spots coming up on the 2 fan leaves. Worry?
I wouldn't worry to much, they seem like are getting a little to much heat/ ph/ nutes, but if those are the only spots showing up don't sweat it. Those are her first set of full fan leaves? If so, it'll be no problem. Remember, patience is a virtue in botany. :)

-Fox

Foxlink

Foxlink

From what I read around week 3 is the time to start adding with this soil, so I added about 6.5-7ML of grow nutes to my 1/2 gallon and gave about half for now. Zero run off so far which is surprising, maybe she was really thirsty.
BTW, what (aside happy frog) nutes are you using? 6-7 ml/.5 gal is REAL strong for such a young plant- remember, start slowwwww. Recovery can be very detrimental to your plants, let alone your crop.

-Fox

O

OhpeKush

BTW, what (aside happy frog) nutes are you using? 6-7 ml/.5 gal is REAL strong for such a young plant- remember, start slowwwww. Recovery can be very detrimental to your plants, let alone your crop.

-Fox

Botanicare pure blend, and yep that's her first set of fan leaves with the few dots on them.
Yah I did realize after the measuring was suggested in gallon, so when I halved it I should have really cut it by double that.
Thanks for the reassurance though, trying to be on top of everything!

Top Bottom