Old school skunk..does it exist???

• Thread starter Jackson1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Possibly here?
Good luck no one has seen it it years - I’m from so Michigan and no exactly what ya mean

M

MasterWatererJeff

Skunk 1 has nothing to do with 321MBT. If you want your own skunk, that actually smells like a skunk, cross a coffee strain with a white spruce strain. It's hilarious people are looking for skunk by fraud marketing/name instead of chemical composition/reality.

White Spruce is Norcal Catpiss BTW, I still have people telling me Cat Piss smells like ammoniacal nitrogen. If you say shit like that, just rename your baked muffin weed to "Skunk" because reality really doesn't matter to you, it's illusion on your mind. But keep your little imaginary games to yourself. Pretend to have skunk all day, just stop annoying me with the false prospect of competition.

shaganja

shaganja

Good luck no one has seen it it years - I’m from so Michigan and no exactly what ya mean
Yup. Yooper, no skunk up here either. Except the one I'm making! (Balkhi afgani from Khalifa x columbian gold from ace) x Acapulco gold from bodhi.

indogrow420

indogrow420

If you run across any blueberry smelling like genuine blueberry post up here. Another strain basically gone.
I got something rn that reeks like a smudged over ripe blueberry, and a lil bit skunky not much but its there. I only got 1 clone in flower but could reveg .

20221212 163041
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Skunk 1 has nothing to do with 321MBT. If you want your own skunk, that actually smells like a skunk, cross a coffee strain with a white spruce strain. It's hilarious people are looking for skunk by fraud marketing/name instead of chemical composition/reality.

White Spruce is Norcal Catpiss BTW, I still have people telling me Cat Piss smells like ammoniacal nitrogen. If you say shit like that, just rename your baked muffin weed to "Skunk" because reality really doesn't matter to you, it's illusion on your mind. But keep your little imaginary games to yourself. Pretend to have skunk all day, just stop annoying me with the false prospect of competition.
I’m pretty sure you belong on Troll it up. Nothing you contribute is of value

K

Kfreek

I’m pretty sure you belong on Troll it up. Nothing you contribute is of value
Right, I get what he’s saying but damn sound like he got some sand in his panties… there is still damn good skunk around just way harder to find than it was and saying everyone but you Is a liar is just a bit… pretentious, ignorant and ridiculous. I’m growing hippy slayer rn and it’s stinky AF!!! Not rks but damn.. it’s Dirty Hippy (Afgooey x Blockhead) and R.K.S (Road Kill Skunk)

Here’s a lil write up
PALATE: “This is one of my favorite tasting strains out of this first batch because it reminds me of that old-school ‘Afgooey’ flavor of earth, pine, and spice.” – Chemdog

K

Kfreek

I got something rn that reeks like a smudged over ripe blueberry, and a lil bit skunky not much but its there. I only got 1 clone in flower but could reveg .

Yeah I have a black n blue skunk that has the signature blueberry front end but is extremely skunky on the back.. would b super valuable if I could parse those two traits out but I know I don’t have the skills for tvat if it’s even possible lol

5B1FB539 2B36 4095 9B10 FD2B094EB9FA
D1465C94 54B7 4C61 9E8B 50C9C5D61582
07312931 2C98 4900 8CAD 3543D1ED5421
K

Kfreek

First Hippy slayer I’ve run in mid flower somewhere lol I don’t keep exact track of anything…

3E8E21C5 D572 4263 9315 9C1E4E260D01
112B6D6A D3F8 432D 8821 BDB7AF4DE55A
8AA58006 E745 4A85 8B7F C9209A67BC62
7538FE2F 1E1D 4CF4 A471 10254C12CEC6
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Skunk 1 has nothing to do with 321MBT. If you want your own skunk, that actually smells like a skunk, cross a coffee strain with a white spruce strain. It's hilarious people are looking for skunk by fraud marketing/name instead of chemical composition/Skunk 1 has nothing to do with 321MBT. If you want your own skunk, that actually smells like a skunk, cross a coffee strain with a white spruce strain. It's hilarious people are looking for skunk by fraud marketing/name instead of chemical composition/reality.
I mean good information but why be all arrogant and rude about it?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

Tell that to Todd McCormick at AG 😂 everyone who I have seen grow his road kill comes back sweet. Yet people keep buying them up.

oldmanmurph

oldmanmurph

Of course Skunk #1 has branched off into different phenos/subspecies over the years. Cheese, RKS, Lemon Skunk, LSD, and Green Crack (both American and Canadian versions of it)... Feel free to add any if I'm forgetting them.

Island Sweet Skunk doesn't have any Skunk 1 in it (unless it's in the genetic makeup of Grapefruit), it's [(Sweet Pink Grapefruit x NL Haze) x White Widow]. There's also an Island Cheese strain that has no Skunk 1 in it, just because.

This year I'll be running Lemon Skunk crosses, Cheese crosses, and Stinky Skunks over the next few months. The Lemon Skunk drop has already started with [(Lemon Skunk x SSH) x (Super Lemon Haze x Moonshine Haze)] and [(Lemon Tree x Geist OG) x G13 Hazeplant]. More details to come in my grow thread.

In the fall, if I'm not completely sick of running Skunk genetics by then, I might check out some Green Crack crosses like JOTI's God's Green Crack or HSO's or whatever. I don't really get why Green Crack is its own thing and what differentiates it from the other Skunk phenos enough to justify its own drop.

I'm planning on growing out the ASS x Colombian later this year as part of the stinky Skunk run. Mr. Nice's Shit and G13 x Skunk will be growing right there with it, as will Copa's LSD x Ancient OG and a couple drops from The Nature Farm.

oldmanmurph

oldmanmurph

I grew skunk from Amsterdam in the late eighties and it puts most of the new stuff to shame, I could not keep enough in stock!
You might try Authentic Genetics online
Peace
Most of the skunk in Amsterdam is of the sweet variety I believe long before the original skunk seeds arrived in Amsterdam that Sam the whatever you want call him ( skunkman ratman I do not care I wasn’t there ) but I believe Sam was breeding the skunkiness out in lieu of fruity/ floral phenos for at least five generations prior to it Arrington in Amsterdam and probably more generations than that

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Tell that to Todd McCormick at AG 😂 everyone who I have seen grow his road kill comes back sweet. Yet people keep buying them up.
I ran the AG skunk and you are correct it was sweet no skunk in there. However I can see why people still like it because even though it was fruity it was still unique. Since the McCormick seed batch is relatively uncrossed from back in the 80s it makes it different than a lot of the newer sweet kush strains out there. Had a nice zinger smell very zesty kinda citrusy and the high was good. I rolled up a few joints and me and my bandmates smoked them before a gig my lead singer was tripping he said it got him super flying high. I tend to agree with him even though the bag appeal wasn't stellar something about smoking those older vintage terpenes it definitely had a nice punch. Your brain gets so used to smoking the same dam candy strains for years so when you introduce a different terpene profile I feel like it can enhance your high a bit. I have since moved on to other Skunk strains in my RKS hunt however the AG skunk does have its place would probably be good for breeding/crossing into some newer strains to add variety and hybrid vigor.

oldmanmurph

oldmanmurph

I ran the AG skunk and you are correct it was sweet no skunk in there. However I can see why people still like it because even though it was fruity it was still unique. Since the McCormick seed batch is relatively uncrossed from back in the 80s it makes it different than a lot of the newer sweet kush strains out there. Had a nice zinger smell very zesty kinda citrusy and the high was good. I rolled up a few joints and me and my bandmates smoked them before a gig my lead singer was tripping he said it got him super flying high. I tend to agree with him even though the bag appeal wasn't stellar something about smoking those older vintage terpenes it definitely had a nice punch. Your brain gets so used to smoking the same dam candy strains for years so when you introduce a different terpene profile I feel like it can enhance your high a bit. I have since moved on to other Skunk strains in my RKS hunt however the AG skunk does have its place would probably be good for breeding/crossing into some newer strains to add variety and hybrid vigor.
Good info as I did pick up a few of AG packs havent run them

oldmanmurph

oldmanmurph

If you find anyone in Kentucky that will talk to you and has connects with any of Johnny Boones crew then you find the real nasty skunk. I have never had the true roadkill myself, some say its uncle festers and that master Thai let the original out to nature farm who supposedly F2ed it and is selling seeds. Is it real , I doubt it, but what if it is……..

oldmanmurph

oldmanmurph

It’s all mythology I challenge any of the old school guys such as myself ( I’m not a breeder ) that are/were breeders in 60’s and 70’s - if you have grow/breeding journals - let them out - we’d all like to have some old school genetics other than what we have. If you have beans or cuts let them out at least for someone to preserve. I’m not a breeder but I am a damn fine Pheno hunter and have done open pollinations to preserve my stock/strains.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

If you find anyone in Kentucky that will talk to you and has connects with any of Johnny Boones crew then you find the real nasty skunk. I have never had the true roadkill myself, some say its uncle festers and that master Thai let the original out to nature farm who supposedly F2ed it and is selling seeds. Is it real , I doubt it, but what if it is……..
I researched the hell out of the Uncle Festers over at Natures Farm I was gonna buy some seeds a while back but they were sold out. Anyways I don't like talking shit on any growers out there I respect the various companies but what I will say is that after reading many different grow reports on the Uncle Festers I have yet to come across anyone who found the real deal RKS in his genetics. Good smoke and nice smells but not the true skunk. People were saying that you gotta hunt through many packs to find it however I wouldn't personally pursue that it seems like were hunting for unicorns with his stuff. Im currently pheno hunting a few other cultivars right now that actually legitimately stink to high hell and Im only in veg/early flower still so I got high hopes for finding some real skunk right now. Im as close as I have been so far after years of hunting and wasting money on many breeder packs.

Last edited:
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

I researched the hell out of the Uncle Festers over at Natures Farm I was gonna buy some seeds a while back but they were sold out. Anyways I don't like talking shit on any growers out there I respect the various companies but what I will say is that after reading many different grow reports on the Uncle Festers I have yet to come across anyone who found the real deal RKS in his genetics. Good smoke and nice smells but not the true skunk. People were saying that you gotta hunt through many packs to find it however I wouldn't personally pursue that it seems like were hunting for unicorns with his stuff. Im currently pheno hunting a few other cultivars right now that actually legitimately stink to high hell and Im only in veg/early flower still so I got high hopes for finding some real skunk right now. Im as close as I have been so far after years of hunting and wasting money on many breeder packs.
I was interested in getting uncle festers skunk in my search. I have a RKS x (Deep Chunk x Super Skunk) that Smells very promising in veg on stem rub no sweet just fuel and skunky musky. I’ve tried Red Russian F2 by KOS very very good and musky fills up room and overtakes anything else but again not skunk it was hybridized. Keep searching

Top Bottom