• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

F3580D8F 089F 4B00 9977 565821BE71A5
9198C448 E186 422B 8137 6616E070E1E1

8076F4FB 8A78 4B6B 8385 F6FACC31A1DB

Cleaned up under the canopy after feeding yesterday. Found some more yellow and 3 leaf leaves. IIRC that’s not good but might be part of the last issue.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey everybody!
Three days into no electricity all veg plants in total darkness… what should I expect? Never dealt with this before.
Winter storm moved in Tuesday night, 45k of us with no electricity. My generator ran about two hrs then stopped putting out voltage.
I have a gas fireplace for heat, lanterns etc. doing fine, just worried about my ladies. Anyone ever dealt with this?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Hey everybody!
Three days into no electricity all veg plants in total darkness… what should I expect? Never dealt with this before.
Winter storm moved in Tuesday night, 45k of us with no electricity. My generator ran about two hrs then stopped putting out voltage.
I have a gas fireplace for heat, lanterns etc. doing fine, just worried about my ladies. Anyone ever dealt with this?
Yikes. I’ve dealt with power outages 2–3 days a couple times with no problems. They grew a little slow for a couple days once the lights went on, but they were fine. Good luck. Keep you and them warm as possible

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey everybody!
Ahh damn Sensai. Very sorry to hear that. You know how much I don't know but I do want to point this out. I was blown away but the pictures spoke for themselves and I can get them from my friend. He is a grower here in AZ that I know. He showed me on his phone a side by side full tent grow and on the left the lights were 18/6 and the right he left the lights off for 4 or maybe 5 days he said. This was sometime in mid veg I would say based on size of the plants. The ones that were in total darkness 4-5 days were almost twice the height. I'm talkin 3ft vs 6 indoors. In the event your outage is for days, I bet if you can keep temps up enough that maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. Sorry to hear about this and hope you can stay warm

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hey everybody!
I ran into this problem 2 years back. I put 2 flashlights in each of my 3x3s just to keep them lit up a bit. Seemed to work, nothing nannered or flowered.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I was close to that when the blizzard came through here a few weeks back I got lucky and only lost power for a few hours during lights out I opened up the zippers though so RH didn’t spike without the exhausts running

I did have the genny gassed up and ready though lol

Hopefully all is well so far responses from everyone seem positive of the situation!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Hey everybody!
I’m glad you’re able to manage! I hope you get power soon! Best wishes.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Hey everybody!
Hey there Granny! That really sucks about the electricity, do you have any solar powered lights u could use? Or any battery powered lights you could use to just give em more than the daylight hours? I was reading about reveg, and evidently some people give their plants like 3-4 days of 12/12, then back to veg. Thry say thats how people growthose 10 foot monsters outdoors. So maybe you could give em natural sunlight for couple days, the back to veg?

I pray the electricity turns on today!! Stay warm out there, were all rooting for your ladies to make it!

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

Hey everybody!
Sorry to hear, I'm in Maine so I know all about it. Worst is waking up and realizing your power is off, then next second remembering you have plants...wakes me up way faster than coffee lol. Did you check to see if the overload protection circuit tripped on your genny?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Hey everybody!
I went dark couple years back during the winter. Gas heat so I could keep temps. Flower seemed to not miss a beat but veg wanted to stretch bad.

Positive thoughts for you,

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Trainwreck at 12 weeks. This one plant scrog is in the dryer. Fun grow and a fun thread to be a part of. Thanks for the idea @CannaGranny .

View attachment 1320301

View attachment 1320302

jj
Out of the dryer and headed to cure. Of the 3 bins 1 has B grade, if there is such a thing with this line, and 2 bins contain tops. If I hadn't used a scrog method I'd have 2 bins and the fullest one would be B Grade.

IMG 0156

IMG 0157

844 grams
30.14 ounces
1.88 lbs

jj

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey all thanks for the positive input, I’m trying to remain upbeat about all of this. I pulled them out of the veg room this morn and put them in an east facing room, they all look like crap and are hanging down.
Im just thankful I had just harvested my last blooming plant prior to this.
Worst case scenario is I lose all my veg plants.
I keep reminding all of my pissed off friends to remain gracious but it’s getting hard to practice what I’m preaching!
I have heat, snow to melt to flush the toilet and a gas stove to cook on, an old fashioned phone to call out on and a cellular hot spot, it could be so much worse. At least I can charge my iPad in the car.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey there Granny! That really sucks about the electricity, do you have any solar powered lights u could use? Or any battery powered lights you could use to just give em more than the daylight hours? I was reading about reveg, and evidently some people give their plants like 3-4 days of 12/12, then back to veg. Thry say thats how people growthose 10 foot monsters outdoors. So maybe you could give em natural sunlight for couple days, the back to veg?

I pray the electricity turns on today!! Stay warm out there, were all rooting for your ladies to make it!
According to the tracking you should have a postal delivery. 🥰

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

an old fashioned phone to call out on and a cellular hot spot, it could be so much worse. At least I can charge my iPad in the car.
Mom’s in a cell dead zone 3 hours North from me. Land line used to go down all the time so they got rid of it. Worse part is they both used to work for Bell!

At least she has good neighbours that help in a crisis.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Mom’s in a cell dead zone 3 hours North from me. Land line used to go down all the time so they got rid of it. Worse part is they both used to work for Bell!

At least she has good neighbours that help in a crisis.
Funny thing is, my cell will not work here to call out, but it has a hotspot signal. Kind of weird. We are blessed with great neighbors, just sometimes you can’t get there from here.
One of the first things that happened was our community started taking in the elderly with no heat. You would see a request pop up and then ppl from all over our area, responding saying we have room for three etc. Pretty heartwarming.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Funny thing is, my cell will not work here to call out, but it has a hotspot signal. Kind of weird. We are blessed with great neighbors, just sometimes you can’t get there from here.
One of the first things that happened was our community started taking in the elderly with no heat. You would see a request pop up and then ppl from all over our area, responding saying we have room for three etc. Pretty heartwarming.
That's awesome CG and great to see faith in humanity restorder in any way. We watch eachothers back here at the Farm and you've got my # if the shit hits the fan. I am not saying how I could help but am saying I'd do all I could to try.

Quick question for you. My 2nd Blackbird is not in use so I decided to put in vertically in the tent and put on 2nd lowest setting. Is there anything negative to expect or am I correct that I simply am adding more light to sites that aren't getting as much as from the top? Puff's throne isa Lazy-Susan so is easy to spin 90* every few hours or so. Ok to do this or should I abort mission Douuubley Blackbirday? Ppfd from side is no more than 300ish

20230127 115129
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Out of the dryer and headed to cure. Of the 3 bins 1 has B grade, if there is such a thing with this line, and 2 bins contain tops. If I hadn't used a scrog method I'd have 2 bins and the fullest one would be B Grade.

View attachment 1324078

View attachment 1324079

844 grams
30.14 ounces
1.88 lbs

jj
Basically 2 elbows from 1 plant? WHAT THE ...K! 🤣 I just netted barely over a QP with the clone I just harvested.
Yall are reaaaallly startin to tick me off wee bit here with this shit. I feel like I am being poked and taunted a bit. Like I'm lying under my tree tryin to soak up the sun and some cultivation knowledge wherever I can but yall hyenas keep gettin closer and closer. Nippin at my tail and shit. Till just one day...

Zombierider

Zombierider

According to the tracking you should have a postal delivery. 🥰
Holy MOLY this is not like any apple butter I've ever had. @CannaGranny (THANKS SO MUCH), the freaking awesome person that she is, sent me THE BEST APPLE BUTTER PERIOD. This stuff is SO FIRE, I've never had apple butter where the apple flavor shone through so well, I LOVE IT! Me and the girl already at a ton of pancakes smothered in the butter and only have 3/4 jar left. Yolo haha. Stay warm and high Cannagranny and thanks again! Oh...and care package will be incoming asap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom