• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Like at a 90° at same height as others
Depends on how much they will take without snapping, best to do it a few hours after a good watering
Just did some semi mainline / LST on this one today,

I use romex wire stripped from the outer casing and make loops out of 1” pieces of the wire and make rings out of them

The 2nd pic is the same strain same age different medium (peat moss) that plant has had multiple rounds of topping on all side chutes so there’s lots of nodes in there lol, but the larger plant started out just like the smaller one is now

IMG 5392
IMG 5329
D

Dano110

Depends on how much they will take without snapping, best to do it a few hours after a good watering
Just did some semi mainline / LST on this one today,

I use romex wire stripped from the outer casing and make loops out of 1” pieces of the wire and make rings out of them

The 2nd pic is the same strain same age different medium (peat moss) that plant has had multiple rounds of topping on all side chutes so there’s lots of nodes in there lol, but the larger plant started out just like the smaller one is now
I'll see what I can do. I have plenty of romex. Thanks

D

Dano110

Are you saying the water is at pH 3?
I lowered ph with vinegar and using for cleaning during headlight restoration, a tip I was told, whether it helped idk. Anyway I has my plant water in same type container and got the 2 confused after putting them on the shelf. Actually i shouldn't have even put the ph3 up, should have dumped and made more. But oh well. All good now, I think.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Using vinegar to pH? I've honestly wouldn't recommend using vinegar... only time I use vinegar is to wash my fabric pots....
Your better of just spending 15 bucks on pH kit

D

Dano110

Using vinegar to pH? I've honestly wouldn't recommend using vinegar... only time I use vinegar is to wash my fabric pots....
Your better of just spending 15 bucks on pH kit
Right, this wasn't for the plant. I typically don't bother other than checking it

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Sorry brotha early morning brain fog and re read it...and in all honesty... I've been. Growing for 20 years and I really don't even bother ph-ing unless I see major stresses...

I never once even checked the pH on this lady!🤣

20230410 192432
Eledin

Eledin

Sorry brotha early morning brain fog and re read it...and in all honesty... I've been. Growing for 20 years and I really don't even bother ph-ing unless I see major stresses...

I never once even checked the pH on this lady!🤣
Nice plant and buds dude. What nutes are you using? With many liquids or dry ammendments and such you dont need to ph (even tho I would monitor the ph still at the end of flower, the acidity can end up affeting the ph buffers) but thats because they already come with an optimal ph, ph down (in case of AN liquids) and ph buffers. But its not always the case, specially if you use bio-mineral and synthetic liquids. As for fox farm I would assume its kinda like AN, I dont have it available where I live so I really dont know but for example 4ml/L of Iguana Juice lowers the ph of my water from 7+ to 6-6,5. It has phosphoric acid which is what many ph downs use, phosphoric acid or citric acid. But that means that my ph buffers are gonna be affected by the end of the grow and probably too acidic, I had that problem once and since then I always ph my water at the end of the grow.

Eledin

Eledin

I think with might be causing the problem for me in late flower is the phosphoric acid from Iguana and the citric and ascorbic acid from big bud. What I meant to say is that depends on what youre using you need to ph your water, at least at the end of the grow. Yours seem to be doing exceptionally well so I dont doubt that in your case you dont need to ph the water.

N

NewbyNoob

Happen to have a fan blowing on them? Mine did this and since moving the fan, it hasn't progressed and seems to be correcting itself. Then again mine look crappy regardless 😂 Could still be anything else though. Gorgeous plant btw!!

Eledin

Eledin

Looks like light stress to me too. Could be several things but thats the one that fits the most imo. Not optimal PH could be another reason, or if the yellow tips start turning brown youre overfeeding. Sometimes I use the yellowing tip to tell me when I have reached an optimal feeding for that plant (the previous feeding that didnt cause yellowing tips)
EDIT: I ruled out underfeeding because the lower leaves look okay, when the plant needs more nutes starts yellowing from the bottom usually, and it rapidly passes the tip of the leaf.

D

Dano110

Looks like light stress to me too. Could be several things but thats the one that fits the most imo. Not optimal PH could be another reason, or if the yellow tips start turning brown youre overfeeding. Sometimes I use the yellowing tip to tell me when I have reached an optimal feeding for that plant (the previous feeding that didnt cause yellowing tips)
EDIT: I ruled out underfeeding because the lower leaves look okay, when the plant needs more nutes starts yellowing from the bottom usually, and it rapidly passes the tip of the leaf.
I had a couple bottom leaves turn yellow and fall.

Eledin

Eledin

I have never used fox farm but looking at some feeding charts and knowing that you had leaves on the bottom already fall off they probably want more food. Did you take a look at the feeding charts? If not here they are

Eledin

Eledin

Its not only the ammount of food but also the ratios, incorrect ratios might lead to nutrient lock out and it might seem like only a deficiency when in reality you have too much of one and the plant cant absorb the other.

D

Dano110

I have never used fox farm but looking at some feeding charts and knowing that you had leaves on the bottom already fall off they probably want more food. Did you take a look at the feeding charts? If not here they are
I have, but was going by GNic55 instructions.

Eledin

Eledin

I just searched for his last suggestion and I always agreed with him on everything but I think the ratios he gave you are ridiculous, I think he meant liters not gallons. 3ml per gallon is barely anything at all. For now I suggest you use the recommended ammount in the chart until we can clear up the confusion.
EDIT: Maybe start with a bit less than the max dose and if they respond well go full dose. The fact that you had bottom leaves fall off this early means that the plant had to canibalize them to take nutrients. When Im not sure when to start fertilizing I just wait until the first leaves get slighlty yellow, then I know the soil needs more nutes. They will eventually die and fall off but if you feed accordingly they might even last until the end of the grow (The first true leaves and the first node, not the cotyledons)

Last edited:
Top Bottom