Opinions? Any Suggestions? Hopefully Help

• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Im honestly amazed that less than 1ml per liter would be enough for any plant with any brand and looking at fox farm's chart, but of course if you say so I believe you. You guys in the US have an insane ammount of strains and I dont know half of them.
Have you peeped my grow? All fox farms at 1/3 rd the strength, stepped it up a very little bit last week. day 16 of flower, not a sick leaf in sight, and I have 178 plants homie. Truly if what you do works my man, I’m super glad for you. I just want everyone to win this game, all the time, and I know you do to, I see on here, you do know your shit, so I’m not knocking it. I hope you know that.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Im honestly amazed that less than 1ml per liter would be enough for any grown plant with any brand and looking at fox farm's chart, but of course if you say so I believe you. You guys in the US have an insane ammount of strains and I dont know half of them.
I beat my head against the wall figuring out how potent it really was on my own, took me at least 3 solid grows with the same strain to dial in its usage. I kept data on all of it for years. But then it just got to the point I didn’t need to write anything down anymore, I just mark feed days on the calendar. And I am in 3/4 gallon pots right now, and only feed every 4th day. They are killing it at that rate of nutes.

Eledin

Eledin

Have you peeped my grow? All fox farms at 1/3 rd the strength, stepped it up a very little bit last week. day 16 of flower, not a sick leaf in sight, and I have 178 plants homie. Truly if what you do works my man, I’m super glad for you. I just want everyone to win this game, all the time, and I know you do to, I see on here, you do know your shit, so I’m not knocking it. I hope you know that.
I dont doubt your experience and yes I have looked your grow, youre insane hahahaha. Thats why I said I believe you, I wouldnt believe any random guy, but you know your stuff. On the other hand, just so you see Im not bullshitting you here are my current girls. They still have plenty of fattening to do but none of them lost their first 3 pointed leaves and some of them even have the first true leaves still. Recorded just now.

Eledin

Eledin

The white stuff is diatomaceous earth nothing to worry about. Thats how I like to keep them with my feeding, green til the end, so far Ive been able to most of the times. Its my own super soil, but everyone of them have their own feeding capabilities so I feed them accordingly with liquid nutes aswell. I dont make the super soil too heavy so I can adjust with liquids.

Eledin

Eledin

I beat my head against the wall figuring out how potent it really was on my own, took me at least 3 solid grows with the same strain to dial in its usage. I kept data on all of it for years. But then it just got to the point I didn’t need to write anything down anymore, I just mark feed days on the calendar. And I am in 3/4 gallon pots right now, and only feed every 4th day. They are killing it at that rate of nutes.
Damn, that sucks but you got it figured out. Im used to AN already and its pretty difficult to overfertilize with their bases, mostly because many of the ingredients have to be eaten by the microbes before going to the plant, or thats my guess. I definetely had overfert problems in the past with synthetic and bio-mineral, like everyone else, but with organics Ive only tried AN so far and Im really happy. I wanted to try Fox Farm but is not available in Spain, and someone recommended me Athena but is twice as expensive here than in the US so not worth it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I dont doubt your experience and yes I have looked your grow, youre insane hahahaha. Thats why I said I believe you, I wouldnt believe any random guy, but you know your stuff. On the other hand, just so you see Im not bullshitting you here are my current girls. They still have plenty of fattening to do but none of them lost their first 3 pointed leaves and some of them even have the first true leaves still. Recorded just now.

View attachment 1995932
Gotta say, that’s a mighty fine job, oh and I never thought you were bullshitting either, the convo wasn’t going south for me, I like to pick a little at folks on objective things like this, bc 20 years in, I’m still learning too brother. And if I’m being completely honest, I haven’t done a full grow in a tent I’ve had closed for a looooong time now, last time I used my tents for anything other than seedlings was a scrog I did a whole back. So I’m rusty on tent growing too. My point is, I love broaching these things to see what I’m missing. Sorry if I was getting under your skin.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
The white stuff is diatomaceous earth nothing to worry about. Thats how I like to keep them with my feeding, green til the end, so far Ive been able to most of the times. Its my own super soil, but everyone of them have their own feeding capabilities so I feed them accordingly with liquid nutes aswell. I dont make the super soil too heavy so I can adjust with liquids.
I use that stuff too, it’s great to keep bugs down. Razor blades for pains in the ass.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Damn, that sucks but you got it figured out. Im used to AN already and its pretty difficult to overfertilize with their bases, mostly because many of the ingredients have to be eaten by the microbes before going to the plant, or thats my guess. I definetely had overfert problems in the past with synthetic and bio-mineral, like everyone else, but with organics Ive only tried AN so far and Im really happy. I wanted to try Fox Farm but is not available in Spain, and someone recommended me Athena but is twice as expensive here than in the US so not worth it.
I’ve only ever used my own potassium teas, advanced, fox farms and some general hydroponics stuff, other than that it’s topicals like bone meal and worm castings.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

I switched to this stuff 2 years ago, only thing is you have to back of on nitrogen the first 2 weeks of nutrients, it has an abundance of it, other than that, I never turned back. Zero amendments added.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Eledin

Eledin

Gotta say, that’s a mighty fine job, oh and I never thought you were bullshitting either, the convo wasn’t going south for me, I like to pick a little at folks on objective things like this, bc 20 years in, I’m still learning too brother. And if I’m being completely honest, I haven’t done a full grow in a tent I’ve had closed for a looooong time now, last time I used my tents for anything other than seedlings was a scrog I did a whole back. So I’m rusty on tent growing too. My point is, I love broaching these things to see what I’m missing. Sorry if I was getting under your skin.
Thanks! 2 of them grew almost taller than what my tent can handle, had to place a LED bar on top of the 2 in the front and pull them away from the bulbs... I think they had a little too much nitrogen in veg hahaha the internodal space is not bad but they have more than 10 nodes each. Ah no, dont worry you were not getting under my skin at all, Ive been proven wrong more than once and as long as people are respectful like you I dont have any problem, besides you know your stuff and you are the one who uses Fox Farm not me. It just seemed like way too little for me looking at the chart, but I never used it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks! 2 of them grew almost taller than what my tent can handle, had to place a LED bar on top of the 2 in the front and pull them away from the bulbs... I think they had a little too much nitrogen in veg hahaha the internodal space is not bad but they have more than 10 nodes each. Ah no, dont worry you were not getting under my skin at all, Ive been proven wrong more than once and as long as people are respectful like you I dont have any problem, besides you know your stuff and you are the one who uses Fox Farm not me. It just seemed like way too little for me looking at the chart, but I never used it.
The way I see that nutrient chart from fox farm, well just imagine a large company that wanted to fleece its customers, make their dosage rates so high, that the uninitiated will use it at that clip and spend more, what I hate about that is, the nutrients cause new growers to second guess everything they are doing, make them think they have something else wrong with their grow rig, lights airflow, headroom and rh issues. It can make new growers head spin……that’s what I hate about it. I really wish they would change them in all honesty.

Eledin

Eledin

I’ve only ever used my own potassium teas, advanced, fox farms and some general hydroponics stuff, other than that it’s topicals like bone meal and worm castings.
Homemade teas are the best, but I cant do my own right now so Iguana Juice, the base for AN is basically a compost tea + super soil components in a bottle, check this out:

Grow and bloom have the same with different npk ratios, let me translate the ingredients:
Alfalfa extract, yeast exctract, krill extract (crab meal), fish protein hydrosolate, sea bird and bat guano, worm castings, yuca exctract and volcanic ash. Pretty dope if you ask me, fox farm has a similar formula but either they have less ingredients or they dont want anyone to know. Even AN doesnt put the full list in their official webpage.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Homemade teas are the best, but I cant do my own right now so Iguana Juice, the base for AN is basically a compost tea + super soil components in a bottle, check this out:
View attachment 1995938
Grow and bloom have the same with different npk ratios, let me translate the ingredients:
Alfalfa extract, yeast exctract, krill extract (crab meal), fish protein hydrosolate, sea bird and bat guano, worm castings, yuca exctract and volcanic ash. Pretty dope if you ask me, fox farm has a similar formula but either they have less ingredients or they dont want anyone to know. Even AN doesnt put the full list in their official webpage.
You know legit, I’ve been wanting to try this iguana juice method for a while. I’m starting another 200 seeds today, I have my other grow room back today, son just left to go back to North Carolina, when I get to the point, I’m gonna use this recipe and check it out.

Eledin

Eledin

The way I see that nutrient chart from fox farm, well just imagine a large company that wanted to fleece its customers, make their dosage rates so high, that the uninitiated will use it at that clip and spend more, what I hate about that is, the nutrients cause new growers to second guess everything they are doing, make them think they have something else wrong with their grow rig, lights airflow, headroom and rh issues. It can make new growers head spin……that’s what I hate about it. I really wish they would change them in all honesty.
Yeah, I feel like many companies do the same, maybe is more noticeable with fox farm because is more concentrated as you said. The only brand that Ive been able to go past the recommended dose is AN, but that also means is more expensive cause I use more per grow, but since its high quality stuff and not just nutes in a bottle Im happy with it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

I switched to this stuff 2 years ago, only thing is you have to back of on nitrogen the first 2 weeks of nutrients, it has an abundance of it, other than that, I never turned back. Zero amendments added.
Oh and that price for that soil I use is absolutely ridiculous, it’s $25 at my feed store.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Eledin

Eledin

Oh and that price for that soil I use is absolutely ridiculous, it’s $25 at my feed store.
Oh yeah its dirty cheap, I got myself a pay 1 get 2 5kg buckets for 15 euros or less. The only "teas" I do is banana peel tea, sometimes the water from boiling certain vegetables (I dont add salt until I collect the water obviously). I do my own calcium with egg shells and vinegar and have epsom salts around, also dirty cheap for a calmag without nitrogen and with sulfur. Also do my own root booster with germinated lentil juice.

Eledin

Eledin

You know legit, I’ve been wanting to try this iguana juice method for a while. I’m starting another 200 seeds today, I have my other grow room back today, son just left to go back to North Carolina, when I get to the point, I’m gonna use this recipe and check it out.
Another 200? Jesus christ man hahaha. If you end up trying iguana let me know how it goes, I always wanted to compare it to Fox Farm but as I said, I cant buy it here so Im always wondering.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh yeah its dirty cheap, I got myself a pay 1 get 2 5kg buckets for 15 euros or less. The only "teas" I do is banana peel tea, sometimes the water from boiling certain vegetables (I dont add salt until I collect the water obviously). I do my own calcium with egg shells and vinegar and have epsom salts around, also dirty cheap for a calmag without nitrogen and with sulfur. Also do my own root booster with germinated lentil juice.
Banana peel tea is f’n gold. Was just talking about that with someone else. I use egg shells too. Get out of my head lol. I’m interested in this root booster, Ive used kangaroots forever. Do tell…..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Another 200? Jesus christ man hahaha. If you end up trying iguana let me know how it goes, I always wanted to compare it to Fox Farm but as I said, I cant buy it here so Im always wondering.
Yeah, I stagger my grows, my harvest is mid August, so I start another 200 now, so by the time I harvest, I’ll fill the room back up. I keep it perpetual. Well as I can, sometimes life gets on the way.

Eledin

Eledin

Banana peel tea is f’n gold. Was just talking about that with someone else. I use egg shells too. Get out of my head lol. I’m interested in this root booster, Ive used kangaroots forever. Do tell…..
Oh yeah it is, I also have dried and grinded banana peel with citrus peels, sometimes I add it to the banana peel tea when Im gonna add silica to lower the ph with the citrus and take all the goodies for the plant. As for the root booster everything is here:

Top Bottom