Opinions? Any Suggestions? Hopefully Help

• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dano110

I just searched for his last suggestion and I always agreed with him on everything but I think the ratios he gave you are ridiculous, I think he meant liters not gallons. 3ml per gallon is barely anything at all. For now I suggest you use the recommended ammount in the chart until we can clear up the confusion.
EDIT: Maybe start with a bit less than the max dose and if they respond well go full dose. The fact that you had bottom leaves fall off this early means that the plant had to canibalize them to take nutrients. When Im not sure when to start fertilizing I just wait until the first leaves get slighlty yellow, then I know the soil needs more nutes. They will eventually die and fall off but if you feed accordingly they might even last until the end of the grow (The first true leaves and the first node, not the cotyledons)
Some yellow on bottom leaves

20230619 054015
D

Dano110

I thought the same on doses, kinda little, but I'm no pro. And seem to be doing ok. Now the yellow leave in the past few days.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Ok, with fox farm nutrients, I never used those nutrients at what the chart calls for. It is very potent stuff, with fox farm staying on the higher side of feeding can be bad, so most folks who use fox farm myself included, I start feeding at a 1/4 dose end of week three beginning week 4, now the info nick gave may seem wrong but it’s not, I never use high doses and cut back to what the plants should have, I incrementally increase it over weeks if the plant wants. Not every strain need full blast nutrients, and when this comes to fox farm products that true almost every damned time. I’ve been growing for 20 years. More ridiculous things have been said here.

D

Dano110

Ok, with fox farm nutrients, I never used those nutrients at what the chart calls for. It is very potent stuff, with fox farm staying on the higher side of feeding can be bad, so most folks who use fox farm myself included, I start feeding at a 1/4 dose end of week three beginning week 4, now the info nick gave may seem wrong but it’s not, I never use high doses and cut back to what the plants should have, I incrementally increase it over weeks if the plant wants. Not every strain need full blast nutrients, and when this comes to fox farm products that true almost every damned time. I’ve been growing for 20 years. More ridiculous things have been said here.
Absolutely, this is why I'm here. My first grow was a disaster, burnt them up with nutes, tasted like hell. I was using full dose as chart said. Last grow was good, I used very little to no nutes, but had alot of yellowing go on. This one is looking alot better after GNick instructions. Combine all 3 nutes are the same or more ratio as 1 nute alone.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Absolutely, this is why I'm here. My first grow was a disaster, burnt them up with nutes, tasted like hell. I was using full dose as chart said. Last grow was good, I used very little to no nutes, but had alot of yellowing go on. This one is looking alot better after GNick instructions. Combine all 3 nutes are the same or more ratio as 1 nute alone.
You’re on the right track. I can never say this enough, every strain is different, what comes with experience, is the ability to read your plants, and making sure your environment is dialed in correctly, a lot of people confuse light and airflow stress with nutrients stress and vice versa. There is no set rules. We have guidelines, with a million variables in between. Apply Occam’s razor, it works.

D

Dano110

You’re on the right track. I can never say this enough, every strain is different, what comes with experience, is the ability to read your plants, and making sure your environment is dialed in correctly, a lot of people confuse light and airflow stress with nutrients stress and vice versa. There is no set rules. We have guidelines, with a million variables in between. Apply Occam’s razor, it works.
I moved the light up just now, but the bottom yellow leaves maybe a concern. Maybe @GNick55 will take a look in a bit.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I moved the light up just now, but the bottom yellow leaves maybe a concern. Maybe @GNick55 will take a look in a bit.
I mean, there is always going to be a few leaves that die back on the bottom of your plants especially after the plant transitions and it’s nutrient needs change. It’s normal.

Eledin

Eledin

I must disagree with the fact that is normal, my plants keep all of their fan leaves green until I start flushing. That doesnt mean its gonna die, it has plenty of leaves to take nutes of until harvest Im just saying its canibalizing itself because she doesnt have enough nutes in the soil. You could keep feeding them little, but they wont reach their maxium potential like that.
EDIT: I do agree with the fact that many times less is more, I dont go directly to full doses, I work my way up, but if I see that my leaves start to yellow I definetely go for more dose.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I mean, there is always going to be a few leaves that die back on the bottom of your plants especially after the plant transitions and it’s nutrient needs change. It’s normal.
So you never lose a leaf off your plants?edit I mean, you basically just said that if you have leaves yellow you feed more, well yeah, I was saying it happens all the time. It’s normal.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
In late flower yes, but not this early unless I cut it or the plant is so tall that the bottom leaves barely get any light which doesnt seem to be the case here.
The leaf in question is dead center of the plant, at the bottom. It’s covered by everything. I honestly think it’s an airflow thing. Looks like the leaf got choked out imho.

Eledin

Eledin

The leaf in question is dead center of the plant, at the bottom. It’s covered by everything. I honestly think it’s an airflow thing. Looks like the leaf got choked out imho.
So you dont agree with the fact that less than 1ml per liter is too little for a full grown plant? Fox Farm recommends almost 4ml per litter, as I said I agree with the fact that many times less is more but in this case I think its going too far.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So you dont agree with the fact that less than 1ml per liter is too little for a full grown plant? Fox Farm recommends almost 4ml per litter, as I said I agree with the fact that many times less is more but in this case I think its going too far.
It depends on the strain sir.

Eledin

Eledin

Ive never had a strain with so little appetite, he is using ocean forest soil with no ammendments added besides the ones that come with the soil. I use super soil with most of what they need for their full life and I complement with nutes and I dont even go that low, and I dont burn them.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So you dont agree with the fact that less than 1ml per liter is too little for a full grown plant? Fox Farm recommends almost 4ml per litter, as I said I agree with the fact that many times less is more but in this case I think its going too far
Ive never had a strain with so little appetite, he is using ocean forest soil with no ammendments added besides the ones that come with the soil. I use super soil with most of what they need for their full life and I complement with nutes and I dont even go that low, and I dont burn them.
That’s awesome man.

Eledin

Eledin

I mean I dont know, maybe fox farm is that strong but then they would burn everyone's plants with half their recommended dose and doesnt seem to be the case, people seem happy with fox farm. I might be wrong I can just say what I would do and thats feeding them more. They look healthy just more yellow than I would like, specially considering that some leaves have been removed already so we cant see them.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I have had plenty, but I also don’t use fox farm soils, it’s to unstable nowadays. I’m glad what you do works, my initial point was for fox farm in particular. Not all nutrient brands. Like when I use advanced, I use what the label says no issues. That stuff just did have as good of phosphorous and potassium’s for flower stage, fox farms gave me more weight per plant, so I stayed with the nutes, just not the soil.

Eledin

Eledin

I have had plenty, but I also don’t use fox farm soils, it’s to unstable nowadays. I’m glad what you do works, my initial point was for fox farm in particular.
Im honestly amazed that less than 1ml per liter would be enough for any grown plant with any brand and looking at fox farm's chart, but of course if you say so I believe you. You guys in the US have an insane ammount of strains and I dont know half of them.

Top Bottom