Opinions? Any Suggestions? Hopefully Help

• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Another 200? Jesus christ man hahaha. If you end up trying iguana let me know how it goes, I always wanted to compare it to Fox Farm but as I said, I cant buy it here so Im always wondering.
Yeah, I’m retarded 😜 I’ll def let you know, I’ll be starting another grow Jo for the next round soon. I’ll def keep you posted.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh yeah it is, I also have dried and grinded banana peel with citrus peels, sometimes I add it to the banana peel tea when Im gonna add silica to lower the ph with the citrus and take all the goodies for the plant. As for the root booster everything is here:
Thx homie!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Damn, that sucks but you got it figured out. Im used to AN already and it’s pretty difficult to overfertilize with their bases, mostly because many of the ingredients have to be eaten by the microbes before going to the plant, or thats my guess. I definetely had overfert problems in the past with synthetic and bio-mineral, like everyone else, but with organics Ive only tried AN so far and Im really happy. I wanted to try Fox Farm but is not available in Spain, and someone recommended me Athena but is twice as expensive here than in the US so not worth it.

D

Dano110

@GNick55 water tomorrow morning, should I continue feeding same?
3ml calmag
3ml grow big
3ml tiger bloom
Per gallon

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Sorry ran out of time to edit, for a more accurate list of ingredients of iguana juice without them being so vague:
Krill extract, yeast extract, yuca extract, kelp meal, alfalfa extract, worm castings, volcanic ash, bat and sea birds guano, fish meal. That contains an insane ammount of vitamins, minerals and other things that you wont see in the label.
And in case youre curious, my custom soil is: 20% perlite, 15% expanded clay and clay colloids (microscopic size clay), 45% peat, 20% coco.
With these dry ammendments mixed in: Leonardite, worm castings, bat guano, feather meal, bone meal, volcanic ash, kelp meal, neem meal, dolomite lime. I dont add epsom salts cause they are water soluble and I prefeer to use them while feeding as I see fit.
What I top with: not much really, diatomaceous earth if I see gnats otherwise I feed liquid silica and worm castings if I have extra from the previous mix. Otherwise the liquids Im using from AN have plenty of humic and fulvic acids anyway.
EDIT: Expanded clay is also another great house for your microorganisms, and expanded clay and clay colloids are nutrient buffers aswell. Diatomaceous earth I use only when gnats pressent because it has alumina( 2-4%), if your ph goes below 4,5 (in case of an accident) it will become water soluble and get in the plant, and its toxic for them and for you. I trust my capabilities to not go below 6,0 and closer to 6,5 in late flower but its something to keep in mind.
That's not the actual iguana juice ingredients, they have changed it many times over the years, Iguana juice not worth it anymore ,used to be amazing 10-15 years ago, now it doesn't even has guano in it anymore, it's mainly a hydrolyzed fish & soy protein based fertilizer now, with yucca as wetting agent.

Big Bud powder is still the best PK booster around imho, only thing I still use from AN. Liquid works but lasts 10x less, money maker for them greedy bitches lol

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That's not the actual iguana juice ingredients, they have changed it many times over the years, Iguana juice not worth it anymore ,used to be amazing 10-15 years ago, now it doesn't even has guano in it it's mainly a hydrolyzed fish & soy protein based fertilizer now, with yucca as wetting agent.

Big Bud powder is still the best PK booster around imho, only thing I still use from AN. Liquid works but lasts 10x less, money maker for them greedy bitches lol
Oh I’m familiar with an big bud, love that stuff.
I was old school for a long time, blood and bone meal, castings and fish emulsion, seaweed and a myriad of homemade teas. Switched to using general hydro for a long while, then went to advanced for a few years, I eventually moved to ff nutes, but got away from their soils, life is cyclical, I think I’m gonna grab some more an gear for this next run. The iguana juice always intrigued me, just never pulled the trigger, or got a decent recipe I could trust for that matter, so it’s not the best thing nowadays eh? Couldn’t you add guano and get back in the ball park?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Oh I’m familiar with an big bud, love that stuff.
I was old school for a long time, blood and bone meal, castings and fish emulsion, seaweed and a myriad of homemade teas. Switched to using general hydro for a long while, then went to advanced for a few years, I eventually moved to ff nutes, but got away from their soils, life is cyclical, I think I’m gonna grab some more an gear for this next run. The iguana juice always intrigued me, just never pulled the trigger, or got a decent recipe I could trust for that matter, so it’s not the best thing nowadays eh? Couldn’t you add guano and get back in the ball park?
You could yes, but the original recipe was fire was a 2ml/L recipe, strong stuff,now it's 4ml/L for many years, I would use biobizz instead much cheaper and same sources of nutrients, if I would try something different from AN I would try organic big bud together with a synthetic base nutrients like floranova that I love, but organic big bud is not available in my country tho.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You could yes, but the original recipe was fire was a 2ml/L recipe, strong stuff,now it's 4ml/L for many years, I would use biobizz instead much cheaper and same sources of nutrients, if I would try something different from AN I would try organic big bud together with a synthetic base nutrients like floranova that I love, but organic big bud is not available in my country tho.
Thanks for the good word trasher ima check out biobizz and look into floranove, see what they are about. Make some purchases. Good looking out.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Thanks for the good word trasher ima check out biobizz and look into floranove, see what they are about. Make some purchases. Good looking out.
GH Floranova is just a one part complete fert, max dose @~2ml/L (EC 1800-2000uS at that dosage) with quality humic acid In it. It's the strongest liquid fert I've used. Cheap, nice NPK ratios, contains calcium and magnesium and all needed micro nutrients, it's really effective. Downside is you need to shake the hell out of it before every use. It's too concentrated stuff sinks to the bottom.

Biobizz is 100% organic line @4ml/L aprox for their base stuff.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

this 1 trash
Boi leaf

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
GH Floranova is just a one part complete fert, max dose @~2ml/L (EC 1800-2000uS at that dosage) with quality humic acid In it. It's the strongest liquid fert I've used. Cheap, nice NPK ratios, contains calcium and magnesium and all needed micro nutrients, it's really effective. Downside is you need to shake the hell out of it before every use. It's too concentrated stuff sinks to the bottom.

Biobizz is 100% organic line @4ml/L aprox for their base stuff.
I shake every nute before use, and I stir my basin before every watering can gets filled. Even disturbing of the nutes no matter what. It’s just good practice 👊🏻

Top Bottom