• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoodListener

GoodListener

not my hero’s
and what ya talkin about?
you’ve got some odd replies..
Sorry GNick55, when I said your heroes, I meant my heroes, and when I meant heroes... I meant YOU and everyone on here.
As to what I'm talking about; its is MY inability to preform your light schedule. Its obvious it is working for you! and can work for others.
I spoke too quickly and without regard and I am sorry. When I was speaking I was stoned (which is no excuse, I know) But I was trying to help others who may have thought like I would have when I was just starting out. ahh haaa! eureka it must be tapering light schedules, when I should have been working on my basics. For ME trying to taper a light schedule would end in failure for sure. Programming a timer is my worst nightmare! it puts me in a tizzy for a week. (did turn on? turn off? I better look!) And yes I do and will have odd replies, ill take that as a complement; thank you. You have a very beautiful garden!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Sorry GNick55, when I said your heroes, I meant my heroes, and when I meant heroes... I meant YOU and everyone on here.
As to what I'm talking about; its is MY inability to preform your light schedule. Its obvious it is working for you! and can work for others.
I spoke too quickly and without regard and I am sorry. When I was speaking I was stoned (which is no excuse, I know) But I was trying to help others who may have thought like I would have when I was just starting out. ahh haaa! eureka it must be tapering light schedules, when I should have been working on my basics. For ME trying to taper a light schedule would end in failure for sure. Programming a timer is my worst nightmare! it puts me in a tizzy for a week. (did turn on? turn off? I better look!) And yes I do and will have odd replies, ill take that as a complement; thank you. You have a very beautiful garden!
Good on you sport!

Bilber

Bilber

Good afternoon @Dano110 .....plant looks good.......your on track for sure.....

I'm not knocking Fox Farms soil......people use it all the time.......with better results than me probably......not the point...ha ha....

I've used soil......not my grow style I've learned........there are too many variables, that if 1, just one deficiency shows, it could take a week, two weeks before it's fixed.....

Currently I'm using peat/perlite mix, then add my nutes......I have coco coir in my cart.......that will be my next try......

As for your light...... Is it good enough?.......of course it is......you could probably use a night light to grow.......but.........

I'm kidding.....but there are always better lights out there.....mine could definitely be better.......I bet if you took a vote, everyone would say they need a better light.....

Exemption from the rule, outdoors.......

I'm sure your light will provide a nice batch of flowers for you.......my first year, I had the construction clap lights with led screw type bulbs and a 2x4 4 bulb t8 setup......good yields, I thought......if I wasn't battling PM ( yeah....... airflow/ventilation helps 😬 ) ...

To make use of any light, you could open the canopy up a little.........just a thought.....not advice.......at this stage, I'd open her up gently........wide......as wide as the light allows.......you have enough plant to fill your space.....

I hope this helps or made you laugh.....

I'm watching......

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
haha i’m such an idiot..
program a timer, no way don’t have those skills yet haha.. i do it manually.,

Bilber

Bilber

This whole thing has got me thinking.....

I agree with you @GoodListener about @GNick55.....

Thank you for the advice you, @GNick55 give.....speaking from experience ( unbeknownst to you and others........ive read lots of threads......not enough though......) and listening to advice from everyone and everything, I am interested in the theory of the fast flip, which could possibly herm a plant......

I like to think outside the box......so this is quite a awesome bit of information......

The information train just 🛑.......and I boarded......

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
This whole thing has got me thinking.....

I agree with you @GoodListener about @GNick55.....

Thank you for the advice you, @GNick55 give.....speaking from experience ( unbeknownst to you and others........ive read lots of threads......not enough though......) and listening to advice from everyone and everything, I am interested in the theory of the fast flip, which could possibly herm a plant......

I like to think outside the box......so this is quite a awesome bit of information......

The information train just 🛑.......and I boarded......
Brain stuff, the bread of life 🫠

GoodListener

GoodListener

Peace brothers! Well to beat a dead horse, I ONLY grow stabilized seeds and clones! Just Kidding. but if "quick flip" tests for hermi traits, I want to know about it right away, so I can get those suckers out of there. As for stressing the plant, I think the way hormone levels work with photoperiod is a gradual one, taking several weeks to build the hormones necessary for flowering. sort of a slow taper in of itself. my only hermies came from light leaks or REZDOGS genetics lol. BTW Bilber that looks like the controls of the space station!

D

Dano110

I'm not knocking Fox Farms soil......people use it all the time.......with better results than me probably......not the point...ha ha....

I've used soil......not my grow style I've learned........there are too many variables, that if 1, just one deficiency shows, it could take a week, two weeks before it's fixed.....

Currently I'm using peat/perlite mix, then add my nutes......I have coco coir in my cart.......that will be my next try......

As for your light...... Is it good enough?.......of course it is......you could probably use a night light to grow.......but.........

I'm kidding.....but there are always better lights out there.....mine could definitely be better.......I bet if you took a vote, everyone would say they need a better light.....

I'm sure your light will provide a nice batch of flowers for you.......my first year, I had the construction clap lights with led screw type bulbs and a 2x4 4 bulb t8 setup......good yields, I thought......if I wasn't battling PM ( yeah....... airflow/ventilation helps 😬 ) ...

To make use of any light, you could open the canopy up a little.........just a thought.....not advice.......at this stage, I'd open her up gently........wide......as wide as the light allows.......you have enough plant to fill your space.....

I'm watching......
Thanks I have improved air flow. I may try to pull the outer limbs out some. I should have put up a net. I still could I guess.

D

Dano110

@GNick55 a little yellow tip on a few. What ya think? Same nutes 2 water cycle.

20230526 165306
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
@GNick55 a little yellow tip on a few. What ya think? Same nutes 2 water cycle.
is it just starting?
you just lowered the light height a few days ago?
more than likely the light a bit close?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter

I'm watching......
Someone who types like me.........wow....

The written word can sometimes be a little weird. It's hard to pick up on tone, or things like sarcasm.......the more we tolerate each other and different styles, the better things go. You're doin good Dano, keep it going.

Bilber

Bilber

Someone who types like me.........wow....

The written word can sometimes be a little weird. It's hard to pick up on tone, or things like sarcasm.......the more we tolerate each other and different styles, the better things go. You're doin good Dano, keep it going.
Ha....trying to be funny ( about my experiences) to ease some " growing " pains.....

Hopefully, in time, at least one of my problems/solutions helps someone else......

I try not to give advice unless I know for sure it would work.....a few years doesn't earn me any credentials......I struggle at times.....then read through this site......pick something that is graspable and run with it....

To be honest, the advice on here is awesome......some of the best advice cannot be taken at times for whatever reason......money.....time......material.......

I'm here to enjoy the wealth of knowledge and try and have fun......

Sorry if I stepped on your toes......it's crowded in here.........just kidding......

I hope I do not offend anyone......
Definitely not my intentions.....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ha....trying to be funny ( about my experiences) to ease some " growing " pains.....

Hopefully, in time, at least one of my problems/solutions helps someone else......

I try not to give advice unless I know for sure it would work.....a few years doesn't earn me any credentials......I struggle at times.....then read through this site......pick something that is graspable and run with it....

To be honest, the advice on here is awesome......some of the best advice cannot be taken at times for whatever reason......money.....time......material.......

I'm here to enjoy the wealth of knowledge and try and have fun......

Sorry if I stepped on your toes......it's crowded in here.........just kidding......

I hope I do not offend anyone......
Definitely not my intentions.....
Everyone has something to offer. A few years and however many grows means you have knowledge and experience. I know my limitations and areas I know little about, but it's all an ongoing conversation where we can sometimes help, but always ready to learn......

Top Bottom