Outdoor grow in Southeast Michigan 2024

• Thread starter cpurola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
And now, back into the greenhouse. 😒
They're predicting rain and I'm thinking it's possible the pots are TOO wet 'cause we've had rain every 2-3 days.
And tomorrow night, freezing again. By the weekend temps are up to the mid 70s!
This is exhausting.
Hang in there!! You know its all worth it lol : ) capts on it with the easy up! I had some shade cloth that some of one were under and that seemed be better than just gettin blasted straight on.

cpurola

cpurola

Hang in there!! You know its all worth it lol : ) capts on it with the easy up! I had some shade cloth that some of one were under and that seemed be better than just gettin blasted straight on.
Thanks for the encouraging words. Only problem with a cover/tent is that they're predicting 25 mph gusts today and tonight.

She knew the job was dangerous when she took it! Trying to get the jump on mother nature doesn’t come without cost! You’ll pull it off! A little exercise is good for you!😂
Thanks Oldchucky, and Yes, regrettably I DO need the exercise. Got to get in shape for the Spring planting craziness.

Have you started any seeds yet? Times a waistin'.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Thanks for the encouraging words. Only problem with a cover/tent is that they're predicting 25 mph gusts today and tonight.

Thanks Oldchucky, and Yes, regrettably I DO need the exercise. Got to get in shape for the Spring planting craziness.

cpurola, when can you drop them into the ground?
We have a spot up in the NC mountains but have to wait until June 15ish to be safe.

cpurola

cpurola

cpurola, when can you drop them into the ground?
We have a spot up in the NC mountains but have to wait until June 15ish to be safe.
Here the last frost is end of May, first of June. But I may plant earlier.
This year's weather is weird. Super mild winter and the temps are much warmer sooner than past Springs.
Something to do with the El La Ninas Ninos

Michigan either has warm fronts from the Gulf or cold fronts from Canada.

I also have to weed out the males before planting the girls in their forever homes.

Have you started seeds yet?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter

Just starting to throw some in the drink! Give them a month under the light and then outside for good probably after June 1! Right now my grow area is underwater, so it kind of depends on how fast the pond goes down. Should be OK by the first. If all goes as planned, which it never does! Couple of days up in the 80s here. Felt like 100 to this old fart! Keep up the good work sister! No hurry around here! Got a nice long season!

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Here the last frost is end of May, first of June. But I may plant earlier.
This year's weather is weird. Super mild winter and the temps are much warmer sooner than past Springs.
Something to do with the El La Ninas Ninos

Michigan either has warm fronts from the Gulf or cold fronts from Canada.

I also have to weed out the males before planting the girls in their forever homes.

Have you started seeds yet?
Yes, these are the Banana Dance I mentioned above. I'm helping out two friends with their starters. I'll probably be vegging them 6 weeks but I plan to put mine in next week (just 1 and prolly an auto or two)
I would love to be able to have the freedom of a setup like yours, I'm covert and although my spot is sorta discrete in between my tomato plants I worry about the smell attracting attention. My Super Lemon Haze last Summer was wickedly fragrant!
We had 41 degrees last night but it looks like that's the last of it! (hoping)

IMG 3538
IMG 3539
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Just starting to throw some in the drink! Give them a month under the light and then outside for good probably after June 1! Right now my grow area is underwater, so it kind of depends on how fast the pond goes down. Should be OK by the first. If all goes as planned, which it never does! Couple of days up in the 80s here. Felt like 100 to this old fart! Keep up the good work sister! No hurry around here! Got a nice long season!
What state are you in Chucky?

cpurola

cpurola

Yes, these are the Banana Dance I mentioned above. I'm helping out two friends with their starters. I'll probably be vegging them 6 weeks but I plan to put mine in next week (just 1 and prolly an auto or two)
I would love to be able to have the freedom of a setup like yours, I'm covert and although my spot is sorta discrete in between my tomato plants I worry about the smell attracting attention. My Super Lemon Haze last Summer was wickedly fragrant!
We had 41 degrees last night but it looks like that's the last of it! (hoping)
You are a GREAT FRIEND, I'm thinking of doing the same, but I'm not sure the recipient knows anything about gardening. 😏

cpurola

cpurola

Okay, I think some of my plants are in trouble. I have been making all of the rookie mistakes and it's driving me crazy.
Went to look at my plants to see if any are showing sex yet and I found a few starting to flower....
Believe I may have messed up the lighting, what do y'all think? And what, if anything, can I do about it?

20240423 100837

20240423 100924

20240423 101106

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Been there! Done that! I haven’t been able to reverse the damage! I think about all you can try is stick them under 20 hours of light every day and see if they reveg. I hope the rest of them don’t start doing it! A lot of folks, don’t take the hours of light and dark seriously enough! It is far more important than the cold, and the rain, and the wind!

cpurola

cpurola

Been there! Done that! I haven’t been able to reverse the damage! I think about all you can try is stick them under 20 hours of light every day and see if they reveg. I hope the rest of them don’t start doing it! A lot of folks, don’t take the hours of light and dark seriously enough! It is far more important than the cold, and the rain, and the wind!
Thanks, I'll try that. And yes, I had them under 18 hours before putting them outside. Dummy me.

Top Bottom